IGNORED

Whats in a Name? Revelations or a Crap Shoot?

bfloydo

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/23/1957

On the lighter side of scripture study, I often see things as riddles or a games God has given us to Learn from. Much like a parent or teacher uses games to facilitate and make Learning more fun. I want to take a look at a few names here, and welcome your comments or additions to : The Name Game 

Before starting can we agree that Names given can have powerful significance and maybe important to our Learning? ---For example Jesus > rescue, salvation, deliver ect. , Jacob ( Israel ) > struggles w/ God, may God prevail. In my example, I am using only the simple/ fundamental  bet ( pass line ), which is basically betting on( rooting ) the shooter( thrower of the dice).

Dinah (Jacob & Leah) -During the birth of Jacob's children thoughts concerning names , birth events, and God(in some[or all] cases) were apparent. Dinah is the only woman mentioned of Jacobs children. Probably the only reason we know her name is because of future events with her and Shechem. The meaning of Dinah is Judged, Vindicated, Judgement. Dinah was the 7th child of Leah and the 11th child of Jacob.. Hmm, 7 & 11 - winning numbers in Craps. Jacobs sons decided to kill ( or overthrow/ supplant ) the Hivites of Shechem. The two sons that lead the overthrow and destruction, where Simeon and Levi. Jacob rescinded their birth rights after this action  .... son #2 & #3 crapped out ( same as the game ).  #1 son Reuben lost his birth right. Lord saw his affliction in sleeping with one of his fathers maidservants( wives ), cursed as even not existing ( a roll of #1 not possible in craps ). Number four(in numerical order) is the 1st good number to bet on( or root for). The #4 son of Jacob is Judah which means praise( I did not crap out ).

Things to consider: 

1.) Jacob overthrew his brothers birthright-- the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd of Jacob's sons lost their birth right.

2.) The number #12 is also a crap out number. Jacob's 12th son was Benoni ( son of my sorrow/ pain ). Jacob must of thought it to be a crappy name and changed it to Benjamin. We do not know the order of his birth to Jacob, he is at least #13 and perhaps more, as Dinah was born before him.

3.) Jacob's family was responsible for supplanting ( overthrowing ) the city of Shechem thru deceit.

4.) The #11 son Joseph( Increase ) - truly our treasure increases when we follow the Lord. So she called her son Joseph, and said, " The Lord shall add to me another son".

5.) Jacob married Leah then Rachel -- He married a weary sheep(ewe) by literal translation of the 2 women. He truly Loved the sheep from the beginning. In order to Marry the Sheep he Loved he had to serve the wants and needs of many ... both before and after the marriage( union ) he desired.

I'll end it here saying there are many, many more considerations that could also be used. Not the least of which is to consider the Father of Jacob( Grandpa of the children ) -- Laughter or He Laughs ( Issac ) - I am pretty sure God means for us to have happy times. A God given ability to look at our children's, grandchildren's and most important our own foolish events and actions. Laughing at who we where/ are, but in great awe in what God can allow us to become.                                                                                           Lets end this by Looking at beginning, and a Promise ..... Abram - High or Exalted father hmm, might cause conflict with our Father in heaven, God changed the name to Abraham -- Father of a great multitude, That name seems to fit better. Abram's wife and concubine are Hagar ( flight, swept or dragged away,  and possibly unknown ) Sarai/ Sarah( seem to have the same basic meaning - Princess ). Now Sarah( with Abraham's willingness to go along ) had Hagar and her son swept away into the desert. This Family torn apart is also the start of a Great Family divide between Jew, Muslim, and Christian brothers and sisters. I have confidence that all things will work out as God has purposed.

As Satan tries his best to thwart the Will and Purpose of God, I can imagine God's laughter, while he watches Satan stumble over traps/ blocks/ and deception of his own doing.   Abraham's 2 children Ishmael and Isaac ... The meanings of these 2 names.  "Hear Laughter " ... The first two things born of God's Promise.

7 / 11 might be a crap shoot, but I see a Woman in Judgment coming our way.

Take a look at Donald Trump and potential Meanings there .. not saying there is or is not. God have given us each Authority to Knock on or Open/ Close doors as we see fit.

Feel free to add to, comment, or share  some thoughts

Edited by bfloydo

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Sara, hearing that she was to get pregnant in her old age and give birth to a son, laughed at the thought.  Now should I, having a little more faith, should hear such a thing in my old age, it would scare me silly.  I didn't say I had that much more faith.  

So Sara's laughter at the promise of God may have been one of the reasons that the son of promise was named Laughter.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

27 minutes ago, Willa said:

So Sara's laughter at the promise of God may have been one of the reasons that the son of promise was named Laughter.  

Sarah laughed in unbelief, as if to say "You must be joking".

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39

46 minutes ago, Davida said:

Yes and Sara has caused us, the Jews and Israel  a whole mess of trouble because of her disbelief, mockery, and taking things into her own hand. Still God is Sovereign and works all for His glory.

1 hour ago, Willa said:

as in , JOYOUSNESS ? REJOICING in the son of promise....      if not then, later !

AND JOY in being her daughters !  by Yahshua's Faithfulness !

still, it is written ((available like below at BibleHub.com >>

1 Peter 3:6 ►

Parallel Verses

New International Version
like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her lord. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.

New Living Translation
For instance, Sarah obeyed her husband, Abraham, and called him her master. You are her daughters when you do what is right without fear of what your husbands might do.

English Standard Version
as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord. And you are her children, if you do good and do not fear anything that is frightening.

Berean Study Bible
just as Sarah obeyed Abraham and called him lord. You are her children if you do what is right and refuse to quiver in fear.

Berean Literal Bible
as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, of whom you have become children, doing good and not fearing any consternation.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,584
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

21 hours ago, bfloydo said:

On the lighter side of scripture study, I often see things as riddles or a games God has given us to Learn from. Much like a parent or teacher uses games to facilitate and make Learning more fun. I want to take a look at a few names here, and welcome your comments or additions to : The Name Game 

Before starting can we agree that Names given can have powerful significance and maybe important to our Learning? ---For example Jesus > rescue, salvation, deliver ect. , Jacob ( Israel ) > struggles w/ God, may God prevail. In my example, I am using only the simple/ fundamental  bet ( pass line ), which is basically betting on( rooting ) the shooter( thrower of the dice).

Dinah (Jacob & Leah) -During the birth of Jacob's children thoughts concerning names , birth events, and God(in some[or all] cases) were apparent. Dinah is the only woman mentioned of Jacobs children. Probably the only reason we know her name is because of future events with her and Shechem. The meaning of Dinah is Judged, Vindicated, Judgement. Dinah was the 7th child of Leah and the 11th child of Jacob.. Hmm, 7 & 11 - winning numbers in Craps. Jacobs sons decided to kill ( or overthrow/ supplant ) the Hivites of Shechem. The two sons that lead the overthrow and destruction, where Simeon and Levi. Jacob rescinded their birth rights after this action  .... son #2 & #3 crapped out ( same as the game ).  #1 son Reuben lost his birth right. Lord saw his affliction in sleeping with one of his fathers maidservants( wives ), cursed as even not existing ( a roll of #1 not possible in craps ). Number four(in numerical order) is the 1st good number to bet on( or root for). The #4 son of Jacob is Judah which means praise( I did not crap out ).

Things to consider: 

1.) Jacob overthrew his brothers birthright-- the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd of Jacob's sons lost their birth right.

2.) The number #12 is also a crap out number. Jacob's 12th son was Benoni ( son of my sorrow/ pain ). Jacob must of thought it to be a crappy name and changed it to Benjamin. We do not know the order of his birth to Jacob, he is at least #13 and perhaps more, as Dinah was born before him.

3.) Jacob's family was responsible for supplanting ( overthrowing ) the city of Shechem thru deceit.

4.) The #11 son Joseph( Increase ) - truly our treasure increases when we follow the Lord. So she called her son Joseph, and said, " The Lord shall add to me another son".

5.) Jacob married Leah then Rachel -- He married a weary sheep(ewe) by literal translation of the 2 women. He truly Loved the sheep from the beginning. In order to Marry the Sheep he Loved he had to serve the wants and needs of many ... both before and after the marriage( union ) he desired.

I'll end it here saying there are many, many more considerations that could also be used. Not the least of which is to consider the Father of Jacob( Grandpa of the children ) -- Laughter or He Laughs ( Issac ) - I am pretty sure God means for us to have happy times. A God given ability to look at our children's, grandchildren's and most important our own foolish events and actions. Laughing at who we were/ are, but in great awe in what God can allow us to become.                                                                                           Lets end this by Looking at beginning, and a Promise ..... Abram - High or Exalted father hmm, might cause conflict with our Father in heaven, God changed the name to Abraham -- Father of a great multitude, That name seems to fit better. Abram's wife and concubine are Hagar ( flight, swept or dragged away,  and possibly unknown ) Sarai/ Sarah( seem to have the same basic meaning - Princess ). Now Sarah( with Abraham's willingness to go along ) had Hagar and her son swept away into the desert. This Family torn apart is also the start of a Great Family divide between Jew, Muslim, and Christian brothers and sisters. I have confidence that all things will work out as God has purposed.

As Satan tries his best to thwart the Will and Purpose of God, I can imagine God's laughter, while he watches Satan stumble over traps/ blocks/ and deception of his own doing.   Abraham's 2 children Ishmael and Isaac ... The meanings of these 2 names.  "Hear Laughter " ... The first two things born of God's Promise.

7 / 11 might be a crap shoot, but I see a Woman in Judgment coming our way.

Take a look at Donald Trump and potential Meanings there .. not saying there is or is not. God have given us each Authority to Knock on or Open/ Close doors as we see fit.

Feel free to add to, comment, or share  some thoughts

19 hours ago, simplejeff said:

as in , JOYOUSNESS ? REJOICING in the son of promise....      if not then, later !

AND JOY in being her daughters !  by Yahshua's Faithfulness !

still, it is written ((available like below at BibleHub.com >>

1 Peter 3:6 ►

Parallel Verses

New International Version
like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her lord. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.

New Living Translation
For instance, Sarah obeyed her husband, Abraham, and called him her master. You are her daughters when you do what is right without fear of what your husbands might do.

English Standard Version
as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord. And you are her children, if you do good and do not fear anything that is frightening.

Berean Study Bible
just as Sarah obeyed Abraham and called him lord. You are her children if you do what is right and refuse to quiver in fear.

Berean Literal Bible
as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, of whom you have become children, doing good and not fearing any consternation.

Shabbat shalom, bfloydo and simplejeff.

I like this thread so far! It's always fascinated me how a person was named and how that name later influenced his/her life. However, knowing a little Hebrew has me concerned that you may not be getting the full effect of these names, especially if they are cut down to a single word as though that one word carried the full meaning of the name being analyzed.

First, let's deal with the most important name, Yeshua` (Jesus):

Let's first use a simple transliteration scheme for dealing with the Hebrew letters, which are all consonants:

alef = ' (the explosive sound we make at the beginning of words like "apple," "egg," and "umbrella")
bet = B (dotted)
vet = V (undotted)
gimmel = G (dotted or undotted)
dalet = D (dotted or undotted)
hei = H
vav = W (think "double V" for it's really a "V" sound)
zayin = Z
chet = Ch
tet = Tt
yod = Y
kaf = K (dotted)
khaf = Kh (undotted)
lamed = L
mem = M
nun = N
samekh = C
`ayin = ` (the swallowing sound we make at the beginning of the onomatopoeia "gulp")
pei = P (dotted)
fei = F (undotted)
tsaddai = Ts
qof = Q
reish (pronounced "ray-sh" = R
shin (pronounced "sheen") = Sh
sin (pronounced "seen") = S
tav = T (dotted)
thav = Th (undotted)

(Ideally, the Ch, Tt, Ts, and Sh wouldn't have two letters to describe them, but the intent is to transliterate both the unique letters and the unique sound associated with each letter. Also, the T and Th are not treated differently in modern Hebrew. Both sound as a T.)

Vowel pointing:
patach ("ah" in "father") = a
qamets or kamatz ("aw" in "saw") = aa
segol ("eh" in "bed") = e
tseere ("ay" in "day") = ee
chireq or chiriq ("ee" in "bee") = i
cholem or cholam ("oh") = o
qibbuts ("oo" in "moon") = u

chireq with yod or chiriq maleh ("ee" in "bee") = iY
tseere with yod ("ay" in "day") = eeY
cholem with vav or vav cholam ("ow" in "tow") = oW
shuruq ("oo" in "tool") = uW

Most of the time, a sheva can be ignored in English. While it often carries the shwa sound if pronounced at all ("uh"), there are many words, especially names, where the sheva is used to make a "consonant blend" of sorts or to end one syllable with a consonant while beginning the next syllable with a different consonant, such as in the name "ShLoMoH" ("Solomon"). (The sheva looks like a colon under a Hebrew letter.)

Simplejeff, I know that you mean well and that you think you're right, but His name was/is NOT "Yahshua!" You're confusing the names, "Yahowshuwa`" and "Yeeshuwa`." These names are differently spelled, both in the English (Jehoshua/Joshua vs. Jeshua) and in the Hebrew (YHShW` vs. YShW` or YeHoShuWa` vs. YeeShuWa` with the typical vowel pointing). This is a common mistake among English-only speakers. After all, we use contractions all the time; so, we tend to think of "Jeshua" as being just a contraction of "Jehoshua" (YShW` as being just a contraction of YHShW`). However, despite all the dictionaries that we have of the Hebrew words, we hardly have any GRAMMAR books on Hebrew available to us.

Let's see how the grammar of basic words is used:

We'll start with the word "LiKhTtoV" (which has an "l-" prefix meaning "to" to make the infinitive). The word means "to write":

The fundamental base word is "KhTtV" ("write") without vowel pointing.

In the present tense, there are FOUR present tense entries in the conjugation of this word:

masculine singular: KTV or KoTeV: "I write" (if I am male) or "you write" (if you are male), or "he writes"
feminine singular: KTVT or KoTeVeT: "I write" (if I am female), "you write" (if you are female), or "she writes"
masculine plural: KTVM or KoTVeeM: "we write" (if at least one of us is a male), "you write (if at least one of you is a male), or "they write" (if at least one of them is a male)
feminine plural: KTVWT or KeTVoWT: "we write" (if all of us are female), "you write" (if all of you are female), or "they write" (if all of them are female)

In the past tense (or rather, the perfect tense), we have to use number, gender, and person:

Singular:
KTVTY or KaTaVTiY: "I wrote"
KTVT' or KaTaVTa': "you wrote" (if you are male)
KTVTH or KaTaVT: "you wrote" (if you are female)
KTV or KaTaV: "he wrote"
KTVH or KaTVaH: "she wrote"
Plural:
KTVNW or KaTaVNuW: "we wrote" (both males and females)
KTVTM or KTaVTeM: "you wrote" (if at least one of you is male)
KTVTN or KTaVTeN: "you wrote" (if all of you are female)
KTVW or KaTVuW: "they wrote" (both males and females)

In the future tense, we also have to use number, gender, and person:

Singular:
'KhTV or 'EKhToV: "I will write"
TKhTV or TiKhToV: "you will write" (if you are male)
TKhTVY or TiKhTViY: "you will write" (if you are female)
YKhTV or YiKhToV: "he will write"
TKhTV or TiKhToV: "she will write)
Plural:
NKhTV or NiKhToV: "we will write" (both males and females)
TKhTV' or TiKhTVu': "you will write" (both males and females)
YKhTV' or YiKhTVu': "they will write" (both males and females)

The command form is three:

KTV or KToV: "(you) Write!" (masculine, singular)
KTVY or KiTViY: "(you) Write!" (feminine, singular)
KTV' or KiTVu': "(you) Write!" (both masculine and feminine, plural)

(Summarized from pp. 36 and 37 of Chapter 2: The Nitty Gritty: Basic Hebrew Grammar in Hebrew For Dummies by Jill Suzanne Jacobs, MA (Wiley Publishing, Inc., 2003.)

The point of all this is in the singular, masculine form of the future tense. To make the singular and masculine form of the future tense, one adds the yod to the beginning of the root and adjusts the vowel pointing appropriate for the case necessary for the Hebrew conjugation pattern.

"Yeeshuwa`" IS this third person, masculine, singular form of LShW` meaning "to save" or "to rescue." His name, therefore, properly means "he will save" or "he will rescue." It's not an abbreviation at all!

It's just like you said, bfloydo, when you intimated that "Isaac" means "he laughs." The root is TsChQ, and the third person, singular, masculine is "YTsChQ" or "YiTsChaQ," and THIS was his name. Actually, his name means "he will laugh." It, too, begins with the yod.

Also, the word "Hallelu-YAH" is an example of the command "(you) Praise YaH!" "YaH" being part of the name (so as not to abuse His name) that God Himself gave to His servant Mosheh (Moses).

Have fun with this!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

On 2/20/2016 at 2:03 PM, Retrobyter said:

Shabbat shalom, bfloydo and simplejeff.

I like this thread so far! It's always fascinated me how a person was named and how that name later influenced his/her life. However, knowing a little Hebrew has me concerned that you may not be getting the full effect of these names, especially if they are cut down to a single word as though that one word carried the full meaning of the name being analyzed.

First, let's deal with the most important name, Yeshua` (Jesus):

Let's first use a simple transliteration scheme for dealing with the Hebrew letters, which are all consonants:

alef = ' (the explosive sound we make at the beginning of words like "apple," "egg," and "umbrella")
bet = B (dotted)
vet = V (undotted)
gimmel = G (dotted or undotted)
dalet = D (dotted or undotted)
hei = H
vav = W (think "double V" for it's really a "V" sound)
zayin = Z
chet = Ch
tet = Tt
yod = Y
kaf = K (dotted)
khaf = Kh (undotted)
lamed = L
mem = M
nun = N
samekh = C
`ayin = ` (the swallowing sound we make at the beginning of the onomatopoeia "gulp")
pei = P (dotted)
fei = F (undotted)
tsaddai = Ts
qof = Q
reish (pronounced "ray-sh" = R
shin (pronounced "sheen") = Sh
sin (pronounced "seen") = S
tav = T (dotted)
thav = Th (undotted)

(Ideally, the Ch, Tt, Ts, and Sh wouldn't have two letters to describe them, but the intent is to transliterate both the unique letters and the unique sound associated with each letter. Also, the T and Th are not treated differently in modern Hebrew. Both sound as a T.)

Vowel pointing:
patach ("ah" in "father") = a
qamets or kamatz ("aw" in "saw") = aa
segol ("eh" in "bed") = e
tseere ("ay" in "day") = ee
chireq or chiriq ("ee" in "bee") = i
cholem or cholam ("oh") = o
qibbuts ("oo" in "moon") = u

chireq with yod or chiriq maleh ("ee" in "bee") = iY
tseere with yod ("ay" in "day") = eeY
cholem with vav or vav cholam ("ow" in "tow") = oW
shuruq ("oo" in "tool") = uW

Most of the time, a sheva can be ignored in English. While it often carries the shwa sound if pronounced at all ("uh"), there are many words, especially names, where the sheva is used to make a "consonant blend" of sorts or to end one syllable with a consonant while beginning the next syllable with a different consonant, such as in the name "ShLoMoH" ("Solomon"). (The sheva looks like a colon under a Hebrew letter.)

Simplejeff, I know that you mean well and that you think you're right, but His name was/is NOT "Yahshua!" You're confusing the names, "Yahowshuwa`" and "Yeeshuwa`." These names are differently spelled, both in the English (Jehoshua/Joshua vs. Jeshua) and in the Hebrew (YHShW` vs. YShW` or YeHoShuWa` vs. YeeShuWa` with the typical vowel pointing). This is a common mistake among English-only speakers. After all, we use contractions all the time; so, we tend to think of "Jeshua" as being just a contraction of "Jehoshua" (YShW` as being just a contraction of YHShW`). However, despite all the dictionaries that we have of the Hebrew words, we hardly have any GRAMMAR books on Hebrew available to us.

Let's see how the grammar of basic words is used:

We'll start with the word "LiKhTtoV" (which has an "l-" prefix meaning "to" to make the infinitive). The word means "to write":

The fundamental base word is "KhTtV" ("write") without vowel pointing.

In the present tense, there are FOUR present tense entries in the conjugation of this word:

masculine singular: KTV or KoTeV: "I write" (if I am male) or "you write" (if you are male), or "he writes"
feminine singular: KTVT or KoTeVeT: "I write" (if I am female), "you write" (if you are female), or "she writes"
masculine plural: KTVM or KoTVeeM: "we write" (if at least one of us is a male), "you write (if at least one of you is a male), or "they write" (if at least one of them is a male)
feminine plural: KTVWT or KeTVoWT: "we write" (if all of us are female), "you write" (if all of you are female), or "they write" (if all of them are female)

In the past tense (or rather, the perfect tense), we have to use number, gender, and person:

Singular:
KTVTY or KaTaVTiY: "I wrote"
KTVT' or KaTaVTa': "you wrote" (if you are male)
KTVTH or KaTaVT: "you wrote" (if you are female)
KTV or KaTaV: "he wrote"
KTVH or KaTVaH: "she wrote"
Plural:
KTVNW or KaTaVNuW: "we wrote" (both males and females)
KTVTM or KTaVTeM: "you wrote" (if at least one of you is male)
KTVTN or KTaVTeN: "you wrote" (if all of you are female)
KTVW or KaTVuW: "they wrote" (both males and females)

In the future tense, we also have to use number, gender, and person:

Singular:
'KhTV or 'EKhToV: "I will write"
TKhTV or TiKhToV: "you will write" (if you are male)
TKhTVY or TiKhTViY: "you will write" (if you are female)
YKhTV or YiKhToV: "he will write"
TKhTV or TiKhToV: "she will write)
Plural:
NKhTV or NiKhToV: "we will write" (both males and females)
TKhTV' or TiKhTVu': "you will write" (both males and females)
YKhTV' or YiKhTVu': "they will write" (both males and females)

The command form is three:

KTV or KToV: "(you) Write!" (masculine, singular)
KTVY or KiTViY: "(you) Write!" (feminine, singular)
KTV' or KiTVu': "(you) Write!" (both masculine and feminine, plural)

(Summarized from pp. 36 and 37 of Chapter 2: The Nitty Gritty: Basic Hebrew Grammar in Hebrew For Dummies by Jill Suzanne Jacobs, MA (Wiley Publishing, Inc., 2003.)

The point of all this is in the singular, masculine form of the future tense. To make the singular and masculine form of the future tense, one adds the yod to the beginning of the root and adjusts the vowel pointing appropriate for the case necessary for the Hebrew conjugation pattern.

"Yeeshuwa`" IS this third person, masculine, singular form of LShW` meaning "to save" or "to rescue." His name, therefore, properly means "he will save" or "he will rescue." It's not an abbreviation at all!

It's just like you said, bfloydo, when you intimated that "Isaac" means "he laughs." The root is TsChQ, and the third person, singular, masculine is "YTsChQ" or "YiTsChaQ," and THIS was his name. Actually, his name means "he will laugh." It, too, begins with the yod.

Also, the word "Hallelu-YAH" is an example of the command "(you) Praise YaH!" "YaH" being part of the name (so as not to abuse His name) that God Himself gave to His servant Mosheh (Moses).

Have fun with this!

What?  This is one of those long, long posts whose existence is in question.  I don't get it.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35

8 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

What?  This is one of those long, long posts whose existence is in question.  I don't get it.

Re-posting it simply made it longer. But its like the Tax Code. The longer it gets, the harder it is to understand.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

37 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Re-posting it simply made it longer. But its like the Tax Code. The longer it gets, the harder it is to understand.

Oh no.....ANYTHING that remotely resembles the tax code should be eradicated as quickly as possible!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/23/1957

12 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Oh no.....ANYTHING that remotely resembles the tax code should be eradicated as quickly as possible!

Good Lord Charlie Brown  - Not the Tax Code !!  This post is meant to be on the lighter side of scripture study, as well as how God can reveal a future ( or prophecy ). I even put " I see a women in Judgement coming our way " to see if anyone would discover that this was one of Jesus prophecies === Hint she was a queen.

It was also meant to see if others had similar experiences in their studies. It was not meant to be a lecture, or in any way promote arguments. It was simply my experience in what seemed to be more like a fun game than strictly study. I researched to see if these names, numbers, people and their actions could all be tied together. To my surprise it not only tied together, but revealed ( or was prophetic ) about the child's future!

I believe God has purpose in all things. God created us so that we can enjoy, have fun, be happy, and chose those things that give us pleasure in general. I believe it would be more pleasing to God if study of scripture is pleasurable, and not done strictly out of obedience. A person can be made to Obey using strictly punishment and reward but absent pleasure -- How can there be Love? 

* Some people Love Tax Codes and exploring them, or other things we may hate .... All the same praise God if he has made it your pleasure to study Scripture ! *

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,584
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

21 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

For those who want the "cut to the chase" version, "Yeshua`" doesn't mean "salvation"; it means "he will save."

And, "Yeshua`" does NOT contain the name of YaH at all; the "y" is the "he" prefix. "Yeshua`" is also not a contraction of "Yehoshua`" or "Joshua." The names are slightly related, but they are not equivalent.