IGNORED

Pope calls for worldwide abolition of death penalty

missmuffet

Guest Thallasa
8 hours ago, junobet said:

I fear it’s you who is quite openly displaying a far right stance in spite of the Bible. If your personal Christian conscience allows you to support the death penalty, so be it. But remember that whichever measure we judge others with is the measure we will be judged with ourselves (Mt. 7:1-2)

Love,

junobet

Do you ever actually read what is written or are you programmed so much ,that you cannot do that ? I am not of the right nor of the left but then how would you know as you are trained not to think ,but to spout left wing ideology.

I AM NOT IN FAVOUR OF THE DEATH PENALTY . I NEVER HAVE BEEN . I AM NOT OF THE RIGHT ,NEVER HAVE BEEN .

And you are saying God is of the LEFT, which is FALSE ?  God does not have politics . Hitler ,Lenin ,Stalin all left wing idéologues like you . Take the plank out of your own eye ,please .

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

13 hours ago, Thallasa said:

You have taken over the site, already . I don't care for your opinion as it is biased .

What personal opinion isn't biased?

opinion: a belief or conclusion held with confidence, but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof....

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  209
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Thallasa said:

Do you ever actually read what is written or are you programmed so much ,that you cannot do that ? I am not of the right nor of the left but then how would you know as you are trained not to think ,but to spout left wing ideology.

I AM NOT IN FAVOUR OF THE DEATH PENALTY . I NEVER HAVE BEEN . I AM NOT OF THE RIGHT ,NEVER HAVE BEEN .

And you are saying God is of the LEFT, which is FALSE ?  God does not have politics . Hitler ,Lenin ,Stalin all left wing idéologues like you . Take the plank out of your own eye ,please .

Well from my point of view somebody who doubts that “Britain First” is fascist and calls Hitler “left wing” must on the far right. So is a European who suggests that being against the death penalty is somehow left wing politics. This is not the first Pope who condemned the death penalty. All Popes in my lifetime have done so, and IMHO there’s no way you could describe John Paul II and Benedict XVI as ‘liberal’.

I never said God is on the left. Quite the contrary: On numerous occasions I pointed out that God is not interested in our petty human political categories. Sadly the Evangelical right seems to think that He is.

How you got it into your head that I’m in any way approving of Stalin and Lenin is utterly beyond me. So do me a favour Thalassa: please do ignore my posts. It seems to me that you simply don’t get them.

25 minutes ago, Davida said:

Nothing personal-- I submit to the Word of God only as inerrant and infallible because it says so.  You chose not to so there is the disagreement.

Nowhere does the Bible claim that it is inerrant and infallible. What it does claim is that the Word of God is Jesus Christ.

Guest Thallasa
On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 2:08 AM, other one said:

I don't like the death penalty for we have convicted people of capitol crimes by a jury and later found they were innocent...   Our criminal justice system many times depends on how smooth a lawyer you can afford to hire....    Most District Attorneys in large cities are much more concerned with their conviction rate than they are justice and will do whatever it takes to convict people......

I don't like the death penalty either , never  have,but it is impossible to ban it world wide, as that would cause unsolvable problems which could be worse . It is a bit like poverty ; Jesus said the poor would always be with us, and so will terrible crime, and when it becomes enough of a problem to destroy innocents and civil society ,we need  drastic action . As for when it is  individuals who  can be locked away,  and society is kept safe , then I would vote against it  .

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

7 hours ago, Davida said:

So , the way we do that is pointing out they are wrong following a man who is a False Teacher-- instead of solely trusting and submitting to  the Word of God. But then they accuse us, Joe.   They want to Listen, Believe and Follow this man -Pope Francis and his False teachings--instead of the Word of GOD.  Which side do you think Christ is on?

:emot-heartbeat:

When A Member Points You To Some Fellow Or To A Church Or To Another Saint

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Claiming To Love Them (And You) More Than The LORD Jesus

He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
Isaiah 53:3-8

Just Point Them Right Back To Jesus

He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. Isaiah 53:7-11

With Love

Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them. Hebrews 7:25

~

This Is The Time To Man Up (Girls Too)

And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.
2 Timothy 2:24-26

For The Whole World Lies In The Shadow Of Death

The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up. From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. Matthew 4:16-17

And The Almighty LORD Jesus Is The Only Hope For Life, Liberty And Eternal Joy

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, Luke 4:18

Soldier On Beloved Daughter Of The KING

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

Love, Your Brother Joe

6 hours ago, junobet said:

Nowhere does the Bible claim that it is inerrant and infallible.
What it does claim is that the Word of God is Jesus Christ.

Claims

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

Claims

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

And The Almighty

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
John 1:1-3

WORD

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John 1:14

Love, Your Brother Joe

4 hours ago, FresnoJoe said:

Claims

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

Claims

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

And The Almighty

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
John 1:1-3

WORD

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John 1:14

Love, Your Brother Joe

Hi there,

Surely you are aware that the Psalms were written hundreds of years before the volume we are holding in our hands was finalized. That said: while I don’t tend to idolize the Bible, I love it dearly. I don’t need to believe that the mustardseed is actually the smallest of all seeds to believe that the Bible tells me all I need to know about my salvation. And knowing that Christ forgave me, I can’t possibly condemn any other person to death.

Love,

junobet

24 minutes ago, junobet said:

Surely you are aware that the Psalms were written hundreds of years....
before the volume we are holding in our hands was finalized.....
That said: while I don’t tend to idolize the Bible....

~

No Doubt Most Will Happily Live

For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. 2 Peter 1:21

In No Danger Of Believing God's Holy Words

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

Not Caring That The Jews Suffered As God's Oracles

What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God. Romans 3:1-2

Writing And Preaching The Mind Of God

God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? Numbers 23:19

To A Stubborn Sin Filled People

Behold, as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress; so our eyes wait upon the LORD our God, until that he have mercy upon us. Psalms 123:2

As For Pride

Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen. 1 John 5:21

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Please Forgive Us LORD
For Mocking Your Love Letters From Heaven

Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.
Psalms 30:5-6

In The Holy Name Of Your Son
Amen

I Love You LORD Jesus
I Love You

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

might I ask which Bible are we talking about...