IGNORED

Is there such thing as a lukewarm Christian (a Christian, not a churchgoer)?

Omegaman 3.0

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

17 hours ago, enoob57 said:

Points of view! It is not what we see and claim but what God sees and claims....
God looks at obedience as love so

Heb 10:25

25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
KJV

by not doing this I would say God sees less love than what could be there!  Love, Steven

I don't agree. Church has nothing to do with our salvation. 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

23 minutes ago, bopeep1909 said:

Assembling together as group of believers is a product of my salvation.  The biblical examlpe of faith is unity but the Hebrews passage clearly states that not all who believe do so.  It is better to come together than to remain apart. How do you use the gifts of the Spirit to profit others if you do not assemble together with them? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,387
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

23 hours ago, enoob57 said:

Points of view! It is not what we see and claim but what God sees and claims....
God looks at obedience as love so

Heb 10:25

25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
KJV

by not doing this I would say God sees less love than what could be there!  Love, Steven

6 hours ago, Rick_Parker said:

Bull

Yes we have a tendency to make ourselves right cause we feel it is so.... God's Word stands whether it's now to your credit or then to your discredit...

5 hours ago, bopeep1909 said:

No one said salvation... but is an integral part of sanctification!

11 hours ago, gdemoss said:

Assembling together as group of believers is a product of my salvation.  The biblical examlpe of faith is unity but the Hebrews passage clearly states that not all who believe do so.  It is better to come together than to remain apart. How do you use the gifts of the Spirit to profit others if you do not assemble together with them? 

Not all Christians can attend a Church. They will then think they are not redeemed because they can not attend a Church? I know many who make sure they attend a Church service every Sunday and they are not bearing any fruit whatsoever. The old saying sleeping in a garage does not make you a car is true.  They are blind to God the 6 other days of the week. The Charismatic,Emergent and WOF Churches are very popular right now as are huge congregations. Some people are not comfortable with attending a Church with thousands and praying and speaking in tongues. That is not for me. It is difficult to find a true Bible teaching Church now. I am very fussy who teaches me the literal true Word of God. Going to Church is a choice. I think it is very important to stay in God's Word everyday and to put God in the driver's seat of your life and have a genuine relationship with Him. It is very important to communicate with God in prayer everyday.To make Him #1 in your life.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

8 minutes ago, bopeep1909 said:

it is very important to stay in God's Word everyday

Staying in((AFTER being BORN AGAIN)) Yahweh's Word ((AND "DO"ing HIS WORD )) is the most important:  "abide in Me and My Word ABIDES IN YOU" ....

-------------------

At most gatherings//churches worldwide//,  NONE of the gifts are permitted even, let alone used,  even here ((online is not possible to use or show - and even healing is mostly forbidden.))...

11 hours ago, gdemoss said:

....How do you use the gifts of the Spirit to profit others if you do not assemble together with them? 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

On 2/24/2016 at 8:43 PM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I know there are tares, I know there are self-deluded people. My question is there a person, who has saving faith, who is lukewarm. Can a person actually grasp what God has done for him/her, in Christ, and lack enthusiasm about it?

Eph 4

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

not every one can be one of these, or they would have no one to minister, teach.

It could happen that some have the enthusiasm and lack the ability to show it for different reasons. imho

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

5 hours ago, bopeep1909 said:

Not all Christians can attend a Church. They will then think they are not redeemed because they can not attend a Church? I know many who make sure they attend a Church service every Sunday and they are not bearing any fruit whatsoever. The old saying sleeping in a garage does not make you a car is true.  They are blind to God the 6 other days of the week. The Charismatic,Emergent and WOF Churches are very popular right now as are huge congregations. Some people are not comfortable with attending a Church with thousands and praying and speaking in tongues. That is not for me. It is difficult to find a true Bible teaching Church now. I am very fussy who teaches me the literal true Word of God. Going to Church is a choice. I think it is very important to stay in God's Word everyday and to put God in the driver's seat of your life and have a genuine relationship with Him. It is very important to communicate with God in prayer everyday.To make Him #1 in your life.

I definitely understand the dilemma of finding and attending a church that fits my beliefs but that brings up another issue.

If they are not teaching the truth then should I begin a new church plant that does?  The problem is that when I declare that the truth isn't being taught them I am equally declaring that I have the truth they do not and therefore the burden lies on me to make sure that the truth is available to the lost.  Why am I not spending my time building a place for true worshippers of God to come call upon God and those who have been called to come seek truth?

When I condemn others I convict myself according to Romans 2.  I cannot use the poor behavior of others to justify my own disobedience.  I am without excuse if I do.  And if I am going to teach anyone else I need to practice those very things I teach. 

We are in a tough place you and I bopeep!

I feel your pain in trying to find a good place of worship and pray the Lord lead you to whom he would have you to worship with.

Peace.

I think is someone finds a Church where they are happy and comfortable that is great :)

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

"church" as defined here and on most forums,  and world wide, that's true.That's very common on earth.   Most people don't care what Yahweh's Word says, so they're comfortable in  most any tickling church.

18 hours ago, bopeep1909 said:

However, ekklesia - the assembly of those who abide in Yahshua HaMashiach, in whom is the same SPirit that RAISED Yahshua from the dead, are life-giving in Yahweh instead of death dealing like society.

6 hours ago, bopeep1909 said:

..... it is very important to stay in God's Word everyday and to put God in the driver's seat of your life and have a genuine relationship with Him. It is very important to communicate with God in prayer everyday.To make Him #1 in your life.

Yes - abiding in the VINE ((Yahshua)) is absolutely required for LIFE ..... and prevented, not permitted, in most churches/ groups.

12 minutes ago, bopeep1909 said:

I think is someone finds a Church where they are happy and comfortable that is great 

Just when it's a TRUE assembly in Christ , or any church ? One is RARE/ FEW/ far between.  The other is common in many society.  

Only Yahweh's WORD  is able to distinguish between life and death, spirit and soul, truth and the lie.