• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

1 minute ago, Thallasa said:

What  !! Putin has saved his country from the abyss, caused by the end of a totalitarian system which became as bad as it was by American and British interference . He is a strong, but good man ,a christian for more than twenty years . He got rid of powerful oligarchs ,who were stealing from a starving people ,and the country has been on the up steadily since except when corrupt western powers  try to starve people with sanctions .

We get more news on what's happening here ,but he is the good guy .

Just now, Thallasa said:

To whom ?  Not to me . 

So you're a communist then? 

Guest Thallasa
7 minutes ago, bopeep1909 said:

Oh? I guess time will tell.

Well I have been studying Russian culture for years, although less so recently , and it is a very cultured countryindeed . Lost a lot ,but the roots are deep . Remember it was they ,not the west which WON the war in spite of poverty .They lost 20,000,000 million people to fend of Hitler .

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

8 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

MG . . communism is not in power in Russia.

Guest Thallasa
6 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

So you 're  from the moon , then ,  a l.......... tic ? :emot-blink:  They don't have education there .i

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,127
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

What are Putin's views on communism?

There is interview where he explicitly expresses his opinions about communism. As of his first 1991 interview, these opinions are very similar to what vast majority of people of his age who lived in USSR think about it, and he also expressed these opinions when there was still a strong support of communists in society, so I believe he is sincere and also was sure that no resurrection of communism would be possible.This is an interview where Putin watches his own interview of 1991, in which he says:
[I skipped the beginning irrelevant to the question]"...my assumption is one has to treat history as it happened and one cannot cross it out of our history. If you are interested in my attitude towards this person [Lenin] and the teaching that he allegedly represented, then I'd say that there was a period of my life when I treated teaching of Marxism-Leninsm with interest, read a lot about it, and read it with interest, was finding this чтиво [garbage text] interesting, often logical..." - Reporter: "Just like all of us, right?" - Putin: "Yes, just like all of us. But in process of, so to say, maybe, growing, maturing it became more and more obvious for me, more obvious truth that it nothing more than a beautiful and harmful fairy tale. Harmful because implementation of it or attempt to put it in practice in our country caused a large damage [to our country]. And thereupon I'd like to say a couple words about the tragedy we are experiencing today [interview of 1991], namely the tragedy of break-up of our state, and one cannot call it anything else but tragedy. I think that these personalities of October 1917 planted a ticking bomb under a building [figuratively as a noun] of a unitary state called Russia. What they did is to break our fatherland into separate duchies which even didn't appear on map of Earth at all, vested these duchies with governments and parliaments, right? And we have what we have now. But this is on one side. On the other side they destroyed what pulls together and unites peoples of civilized countries, namely market relations, destroyed market as such, emerging capitalism. And the only thing they've done and by means of what they held country within the confines of common borders is barbed wire. As soon as this barbed wire was removed, the whole country disintegrated. And I think that to a considerable degree it is a fault of these people, whether they wanted it or not. I think they didn't want it, but objectively they played this negative role"

After Putin watched this interview of 1991, reporter asked him: "<...> it seems to me that there were really principles 11 years ago [so one can deduce that the master interview is of 2002] which you don't abandon today, am I right?" - Putin: "As in previous interview there is almost nothing I can add. I'm ready to repeat all [of it] word for word"

Here is the next episode from this compendum of his interviews [I also skipped irrelevant beginnig, from which it is obvious that it took place in 2012-2014]:

Putin: "We scarcely think about what happened. (He says about WWI). Our country lost war to a defeated party! A unique situation in the history of mankind! We lost to defeated Germany. As a matter of fact we capitulated to it and it itself capitulated to Entente after a while. And this is a result of natinal treason of country leaders of that time, it's obvious, they were afraid of it and didn't want to talk about it, concealed it and bore their cross. But still what a price of this defeat was, what we lost after we capitulated: vast territories... enormous interests of the country were given to... were sacrificed simply to the interests which are impossible to understand, for party interests of just one group which wanted to stabilize its position in power..."

Another interview, no earlier than 2012.

[skipped irrelevant part]

"...there are people who oppose everything and always. Who are against all kinds of forms of state system, including Russian state system. A different area of activity comes close to it: a desire for a defeat of one's own country during most severe times and ordeals just like Bolsheviks desired defeat of their own country during World War I. And it shout stated that overall they made their contribution to Russia's defeat. And it was a unique situation <...> where Russia lost to a defeated Germany with losses of territories and with other hardest consequences to itself. This is a unique, large-scale example of national treason."

Another interview:
"You know what happened [in] our [country]. After the collapse of Soviet Union and ruling ideology nothing appeared instead, after all. By the way, it may cause colleagues of left views to call me names and argue with me, but as to communist ideology, even to it, its basic postulates were taken from Major religious groups. You see, "Builder of communism codex", what is it after all? It is the same as looking into Bible, or Quran: "thou shalt not steal", "thou shalt not kill", "thou shalt not covet neighbor's wife" - all of this is prescribed there, you see, all of this is taken from there. Some even say about mausoleum [of Lenin], say that it doesn't correspond to tradition. What exactly doesn't correpond to tradition? You go to Kiev Pechersk Lavra or what is in Pskov monastery, or go to Athon. There are hallows of sacred people out there. They exist, you are free to see. And even in this sence communists intercepted tradition. They did it competently, they did it in accordance with needs of that time. But we have to return to roots."

This is my translation of his interviews where he touched communist theme.

I don't think I need to make bottom line, one can formulate one for themselves.

https://www.quora.com/What-are-Putins-views-on-communism

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

12 minutes ago, Thallasa said:

Well I have been studying Russian culture for years, although less so recently , and it is a very cultured countryindeed . Lost a lot ,but the roots are deep . Remember it was they ,not the west which WON the war in spite of poverty .They lost 20,000,000 million people to fend of Hitler .

That is not a yes or no answer. Putin is just one to be watched....very,very carefully.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,127
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Peep, Putin is not a communist.....      he calls communism "beautiful and harmful fairy tale."

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

2 minutes ago, other one said:

Peep, Putin is not a communist.....      he calls communism "beautiful and harmful fairy tale."

Did I say he was?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,420
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  4

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02