• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

JESUS ` KINGSHIP.

There is a sense in which Christ inherited the title `king` from His identifying Himself with the house of David & the tribe of Judah in the nation of Israel. Such connections, however, do by no means fully & adequately explain His kingly power & royal nature.

His kingly authority is underived, His kingly majesty unconferred, & His kingly glory unimparted on the basis of this world standards.

“My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now my kingdom is not from here.”

Pilate therefore said to him, “Are you a king then?” Jesus answered, “You say rightly that I am a king. For this cause I was born, & for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth.” (John 18: 36 & 37)

As we can just limit the Lord`s kingship to this earth I thought it would be good to share together of what we know in God`s word concerning Christ`s kingship over other realms.

So from scripture what other kingships has the Lord & over what other realms?

Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,135
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

7 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

My kingdom is not of [ek/out of] this world.

Jesus is Son of God and Son of Adam. Son of God refers to his Divine Soul. Son of Man refers to his Divine Flesh. These are the realms over which Jesus reigns/will reign.

The Father is "the LORD [YHWH], the God of the spirits of all flesh." Num. 27:16 This is the realm of the heavenly Throne, at which right hand the Son of Man sits.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

1. Christ is firstly King over the Kingdom of God. Therefore all power and authority in Heaven and on earth have been given to Him. Under that authority the Church is commanded to preach the Gospel to every creature.

2. Secondly, He is King of kings and Lord of lords, which means that the time is coming when all human kings and authorities will be totally subject to Him. His enemies will be utterly destroyed. Those who acknowledge Him will be completely subject to Him.

3. Thirdly, He is King-Messiah of Israel, which means that the throne of David is rightly His.  Yet, He will make David His regent over Israel, and David will be prince over Israel under Christ the King. amd redeemed and restored Israel will be totally subject to Him.

4. Fourthly, Christ is sovereign Lord God Almighty (with the Father, and the Holy Spirit), therefore the entire universe will become the Kingdom of God in the future. There will be no sin, no sickness, no sorrow, and no death in this universe under Him. This is when the New Heavens and the New Earth are in existence.

5. Ultimately, Christ will hand back this Kingdom to God the Father, and God will be all in all. 

[Scripture references have not been provided but all of this is entirely based on Scripture].

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

5 hours ago, WilliamL said:

Jesus is Son of God and Son of Adam. Son of God refers to his Divine Soul. Son of Man refers to his Divine Flesh. These are the realms over which Jesus reigns/will reign.

The Father is "the LORD [YHWH], the God of the spirits of all flesh." Num. 27:16 This is the realm of the heavenly Throne, at which right hand the Son of Man sits.

Hi WilliamL,

That is really good bro. Thank you.  (Though I don`t believe Jesus had `Divine flesh,` but `human flesh.`)

Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

2 hours ago, Ezra said:

1. Christ is firstly King over the Kingdom of God. Therefore all power and authority in Heaven and on earth have been given to Him. Under that authority the Church is commanded to preach the Gospel to every creature.

2. Secondly, He is King of kings and Lord of lords, which means that the time is coming when all human kings and authorities will be totally subject to Him. His enemies will be utterly destroyed. Those who acknowledge Him will be completely subject to Him.

3. Thirdly, He is King-Messiah of Israel, which means that the throne of David is rightly His.  Yet, He will make David His regent over Israel, and David will be prince over Israel under Christ the King. amd redeemed and restored Israel will be totally subject to Him.

4. Fourthly, Christ is sovereign Lord God Almighty (with the Father, and the Holy Spirit), therefore the entire universe will become the Kingdom of God in the future. There will be no sin, no sickness, no sorrow, and no death in this universe under Him. This is when the New Heavens and the New Earth are in existence.

5. Ultimately, Christ will hand back this Kingdom to God the Father, and God will be all in all. 

[Scripture references have not been provided but all of this is entirely based on Scripture].

Hi Ezra,

As per usual you give a very good detail of the subject. Great work.

Marilyn.

“My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now my kingdom is not from here.”

Pilate therefore said to him, “Are you a king then?” Jesus answered, “You say rightly that I am a king. For this cause I was born, & for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth.” (John 18: 36 & 37)

Christ is King, by virtue of the inherent power of truth, which is the very nature of His royal might & majesty. We read that truth is the predominant factor of His kingdom, a Greek word meaning regency, & we know that to this fact He witnessed. He confessed to Pilate that He was King of this spiritual regency of truth, which was `not from here,` the earth.  

Christ is the King of a kingdom of spiritual truth. He came into this world of mankind & ministered truth in His teaching. He showed truth in His life & all His activities. He maintained truth inwardly & outwardly in all he did. It is this spiritual kingdom that governs the minds, wills & hearts of men, of which He Himself is the personification, as well as witness.

Marilyn.

One of my favorite Bible Teachers is Charles. J. Rolls. Here is an excerpt from his writings which shows our Lord humbling Himself to the lowest & then rising to the highest –

“Who bewitched you,  that you should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ has been evidently set forth, crucified among you?”(Gal. 3: 1)

Truth on the scaffold, crucified. Truth is perfect in sensitiveness & therefore suffers more keenly when bearing the penalty for guilt. Truth like love, its constant companion, never, never fails.

What a spectacle of sorrowful suffering Christ became. How astounding that He should stoop so low & allow Himself to be made sin for us. Amid the inhuman insult of hoarse laughter & coarse language, the soldiers mocked His royal claims. No ridicule more rude, no scorn more scorching, no mockery more menial, & no contempt more cruel was ever hurled at anyone.

Yet under every possible disadvantage Christ was the first & only one who made the platted thorns to become a princely crown. He transformed the gloom of human grief into the grandeur of heavenly glory. Yet more, He transmuted a dishonored death into a dignified diadem of higher life, & via the steps of a painful crucifixion at the rough hands of haughty men, He ascended to a preeminent coronation at the right hand of the highest majesty in the Heaven of heavens.`

Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,605
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On February 28, 2016 at 8:00 PM, Marilyn C said:

JESUS ` KINGSHIP.

There is a sense in which Christ inherited the title `king` from His identifying Himself with the house of David & the tribe of Judah in the nation of Israel. Such connections, however, do by no means fully & adequately explain His kingly power & royal nature.

His kingly authority is underived, His kingly majesty unconferred, & His kingly glory unimparted on the basis of this world standards.

As we can just limit the Lord`s kingship to this earth I thought it would be good to share together of what we know in God`s word concerning Christ`s kingship over other realms.

So from scripture what other kingships has the Lord & over what other realms?

Marilyn.

Shalom, Marilyn.

NO, NO, NO, NO!!! That is a MISREPRESENTATION of what Yeshua` was saying in John 18:36-37! He was saying that His kingdom is not of this world-SYSTEM of government! NOT that His Kingdom is not of this earth! His Kingdom is most definitely of this earth because He inherits the throne of His father David! (Luke 1:30-33) 

However, if you insist on pursuing this chain of thought, this oughta be rich!

Hi Retrobyter,

Ah my dear friend, fancy you dropping in. Glad you are interested. :rolleyes: And I know you are just waiting for me to say the `h` word - h.........eaven.

Marilyn.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Jesus said that all power had been given unto him in both heaven and earth.  He is above all.  He is not A King but THE KING rather.  

My question is what realm is he not king over?