• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/7/2016 at 2:09 PM, *Zion* said:

I think what I am really after here is that God would be every reality to me.  That I would just actually be aware of Him, and respond to Him as I should, and not be so easily distracted away from Him as I currently am.  I need to reverence Him more.

It's loving the Lord that you're after... not seeking more fear of Him.

John 14:23  Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

It's when we begin to stray from His words that we begin fearing Him, because Holy Spirit is revealing the truth in us. Keeping His words is appling them in our daily lives. Its extremely easy for me to personally stray away from this and thankfully Holy Spirit reveals the truth and draws me back through love... keeping His words. God has designed it perfectly... completely amazing!

Now those not willing to consider nor apply His words.... now that's something that will bring true fear during God's judgement.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

10 hours ago, 7thseal said:

It's loving the Lord that you're after... not seeking more fear of Him.

John 14:23  Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

It's when we begin to stray from His words that we begin fearing Him, because Holy Spirit is revealing the truth in us. Keeping His words is appling them in our daily lives. Its extremely easy for me to personally stray away from this and thankfully Holy Spirit reveals the truth and draws me back through love... keeping His words. God has designed it perfectly... completely amazing!

Now those not willing to consider nor apply His words.... now that's something that will bring true fear during God's judgement.

Then why is the fear of the Lord the beginning of understanding?

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  5

28 minutes ago, *Zion* said:

Hi Zion

Because it's realising God's full power, and purpose, that he is raising children for himself that imitate Christ and not hypocrites.  He is very choosy who he will select in the first resurrection,....all those who have followed Christ's commandments.  Not those who say Lord, Lord, and then do the opposite to what he instructs.

Matthew 5:48   Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

We know we are not perfect, and this the frightening part, only Jesus could not sin.  Therefore our worship has to be perfect and sincere, our devotion and attention given to him 100%, always seeking his word out, having the love of the truth first before anything else.

We have that fear that we will not be selected, because we know this is "serious", and we know that we sometimes fall short.  This is the beginning of understanding, the seriousness of it all, our walk.

32 minutes ago, Sister said:

Hi Zion

Because it's realising God's full power, and purpose, that he is raising children for himself that imitate Christ and not hypocrites.  He is very choosy who he will select in the first resurrection,....all those who have followed Christ's commandments.  Not those who say Lord, Lord, and then do the opposite to what he instructs.

Matthew 5:48   Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

We know we are not perfect, and this the frightening part, only Jesus could not sin.  Therefore our worship has to be perfect and sincere, our devotion and attention given to him 100%, always seeking his word out, having the love of the truth first before anything else.

We have that fear that we will not be selected, because we know this is "serious", and we know that we sometimes fall short.  This is the beginning of understanding, the seriousness of it all, our walk.

Actually I asked that response to 7th seal's claim that we need not seek to fear God.  But thanks anyway :)

12 hours ago, *Zion* said:
12 hours ago, *Zion* said:

Scripture as I quoted earlier says that its the beginning of wisdom, not understanding. Fear of what God says the lost end up in leads to a decision. That choice is wisdom based on believing truth (Jesus Christ). Now understanding is responding to what Holy Spirit reveals to us after believing the truth... applying the truth in our daily lives. Holy Spirit always points to Jesus Christ and Jesus has given Word (truth) for every single thing that we face in life. Do we always keep it?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 3/3/2016 at 2:52 AM, *Zion* said:

This is kinda hard for me to say, but: I know I fear the Lord, but not nearly enough as I should.  So much preaching today presents the Lord Jesus Christ as a pal.  Sometimes I feel that we forget that He is King of Kings, Lord of Lords, God Almighty; Creator and Possessor of heaven and earth and all things!  Even some professing Christians today see nothing wrong with challenging His authority, His Word, and His position.  Even when it is plainly written that He has the Name above all names, and that everything has been given to Him, subjected under His authority.  Including us!!!  Actually, I have even been discouraged by some that I am being way too over the top in treating God with the seriousness that I do treat Him.  I don't know what to think about that at all, but it's easy to choose to go with the side of seriousness.

Now I get that He no longer calls us servants but friends, and that Abraham is His friend, and that we share in His inheritance, and all that is wonderful.  But a man who had spent 3 & 1/2 yrs with Him and knew he was loved by Him fell down at His feet as though dead when he saw Him in His glory! (see the book of Revelation, chapter 1, beginning at the first verse)

His Name is Immanuel, God with us.  God who dwells among us.  I have trouble dealing with the fact that I am just a tad too comfortable with Him and it just irks me!  Anybody out there who feels the same way?  Anyone who can share their ow revelation of the fear of the Lord?  I eagerly await your answers, testimonies and encouragements - and it wouldn't hurt to pray for me considering this issue.  Thank you, fellow Worhy-ites.

Hi Zion and God bless you.  I think the term Fear Of The Lord is misunderstood a lot of times.  It doesn't mean we are scared to death of Him, it's more to be in reverence and in awe of His Power.  I look at like I cannot imagine why He loves me so much and what He has done for me.  And Zion continue to feel comfortable with Him.  He is your Heavenly Father and you are going to spend eternity with Him.  Don't let "fear" take away your joy.... praise and worship Him with everything you have in you.  

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Fear of the Lord is awesome!  Would you simply dive off a bridge or do you fear gravity?  Would you play in traffic on a three lane highway or do you respect fast moving and large vehicles?  Why then would one not fear him who is a consuming fire?

It was Grace that TAUGHT my heart to fear!

It was also Grace my fears releived!

Nobody is getting away with anything.  Not even these yahoos who preach Christ crucifed is the only important thing.  According to Hebrews God scourges every son he receives and God judges his people.  It is written that it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God and I am here to testify that I have been chastened severley.  

But do I learn?  Sometimes I forget the lessons and fall into repeating past errors.  Then I get it again.  But for all the loving correction I have received at the hand of our Father, I have seen much more pity, compassion and understanding than anything.

God is good, give him the fear/reverence one ought or experience the loving chastening of Gods mighty hand. :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  03/08/1973

4 minutes ago, gdemoss said:

Fear of the Lord is awesome!  Would you simply dive off a bridge or do you fear gravity?  Would you play in traffic on a three lane highway or do you respect fast moving and large vehicles?  Why then would one not fear him who is a consuming fire?

It was Grace that TAUGHT my heart to fear!

It was also Grace my fears releived!

Nobody is getting away with anything.  Not even these yahoos who preach Christ crucifed is the only important thing.  According to Hebrews God scourges every son he receives and God judges his people.  It is written that it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God and I am here to testify that I have been chastened severley.  

But do I learn?  Sometimes I forget the lessons and fall into repeating past errors.  Then I get it again.  But for all the loving correction I have received at the hand of our Father, I have seen much more pity, compassion and understanding than anything.

God is good, give him the fear/reverence one ought or experience the loving chastening of Gods mighty hand. :)

can i add just 3 more +1? no? sad...
lovely said!

7 hours ago, 7thseal said:

Scripture as I quoted earlier says that its the beginning of wisdom, not understanding. Fear of what God says the lost end up in leads to a decision. That choice is wisdom based on believing truth (Jesus Christ). Now understanding is responding to what Holy Spirit reveals to us after believing the truth... applying the truth in our daily lives. Holy Spirit always points to Jesus Christ and Jesus has given Word (truth) for every single thing that we face in life. Do we always keep it?

Proverbs 1:7

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, But fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Proverbs 9:10

“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

Different words depending on the translation, but I'm sure we all get the gist. 

Proverbs 10:27

The fear of the Lord prolongs days, But the years of the wicked will be shortened.

Proverbs 14:26

In the fear of the Lord there is strong confidence, And His children will have a place of refuge.

Proverbs 14:27

The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, To turn one away from the snares of death.

Proverbs 15:16

Better is a little with the fear of the Lord, Than great treasure with trouble.

Proverbs 15:33

The fear of the Lord is the instruction of wisdom, And before honor is humility.

Proverbs 1:28-30

28 “Then they will call on me, but I will not answer;
They will seek me diligently, but they will not find me.
29 Because they hated knowledge
And did not choose the fear of the Lord,
30 They would have none of my counsel
And despised my every rebuke.

The bible says it is a good thing to fear the Lord.  You know the word fear not only means dread and terror, but utmost respect and reverence, right?  Just saying, that might be the reason we are not on exactly the same page.

16 hours ago, *Zion* said:

Proverbs 1:7

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, But fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Proverbs 9:10

“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

Different words depending on the translation, but I'm sure we all get the gist. 

Proverbs 10:27

The fear of the Lord prolongs days, But the years of the wicked will be shortened.

Proverbs 14:26

In the fear of the Lord there is strong confidence, And His children will have a place of refuge.

Proverbs 14:27

The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, To turn one away from the snares of death.

Proverbs 15:16

Better is a little with the fear of the Lord, Than great treasure with trouble.

Proverbs 15:33

The fear of the Lord is the instruction of wisdom, And before honor is humility.

Proverbs 1:28-30

28 “Then they will call on me, but I will not answer;
They will seek me diligently, but they will not find me.
29 Because they hated knowledge
And did not choose the fear of the Lord,
30 They would have none of my counsel
And despised my every rebuke.

The bible says it is a good thing to fear the Lord.  You know the word fear not only means dread and terror, but utmost respect and reverence, right?  Just saying, that might be the reason we are not on exactly the same page.

All of these point to lost receiving truth, which is what I mentioned earlier. Once believing the truth of God's love and receiving it how can we fear love? Its our sinful body that disrupts it.