Why so much suffering?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2

Beings that since the age of 12 I have been in a lot of jails, psychiatric Wards, drug rehabilitation places, homeless, now I'm in a halfway house, and I can't blame anybody , but what I can say is I've mainly seen ugly things and suffering in this life.

It's hard to see when am I going to stop going from one place to another so that I can settle down, be responsible, get an education, have a family perhaps.

It's just I've had so much failure.   I see so much suffering and despair all around me it's very difficult to not defeat myself before I even get started.

It just seems for so many people ,especially outside of America, but even here  it seems that the majority of people suffer on a daily basis with very difficult marriages, jobs they hate, see their loved ones go through very awful things, experience bullying, all sorts of mental and physical problems, so much fear, so many bad habits, gluttony, obesity, depression and despair bombarding everyone.

I feel like I'm just going to have to suffer more so that my tolerance to suffering goes up, because I feel the suffering is going to get worse and worse, so I need to learn how to suffer more and grow in my ability to cope with suffering, because it is a daily thing (the cross), and in the end I'm going to suffer and die like all my ancestors did, so I might as well suffer more now so that my tolerance to it grows in the future.

So what are some positive ways you look at all of the suffering and misery in the world?

Edited by spiderman1917

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

Jesus learned obedience through the things He suffered.

6 minutes ago, spiderman1917 said:

So what are some positive ways you look at all of the suffering and misery in the world?

I did also.  It is a HUGE SURPRISE to find that everything we are taught is false,

but NO SURPRISE to find out that YAHSHUA came to save us from death, and from everything that is false.

SEEK YAHWEH, SEEK the CREATOR GOD ALMIGHTY.  HE IS TRUE AND FAITHFUL.  men are terrible and false.

ONLY TRUST GOD through JESUS, HANG ON --- it does get many many many times worse.((until JESUS RETURNS)).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

11 minutes ago, spiderman1917 said:

Beings that since the age of 12 I have been in a lot of jails, psychiatric Wards, drug rehabilitation places, homeless, now I'm in a halfway house, and I can't blame anybody , but what I can say is I've mainly seen ugly things and suffering in this life.

It's hard to see when am I going to stop going from one place to another so that I can settle down, be responsible, get an education, have a family perhaps.

It's just I've had so much failure.   I see so much suffering and despair all around me it's very difficult to not defeat myself before I even get started.

It just seems for so many people ,especially outside of America, but even here  it seems that the majority of people suffer on a daily basis with very difficult marriages, jobs they hate, see their loved ones go through very awful things, experience bullying, all sorts of mental and physical problems, so much fear, so many bad habits, gluttony, obesity, depression and despair bombarding everyone.

I feel like I'm just going to have to suffer more so that my tolerance to suffering goes up, because I feel the suffering is going to get worse and worse, so I need to learn how to suffer more and grow in my ability to cope with suffering, because it is a daily thing (the cross), and in the end I'm going to suffer and die like all my ancestors did, so I might as well suffer more now so that my tolerance to it grows in the future.

When we have our eyes on our own failure and pain or on how we or others have blocked our own path from acquiring what we think we should have out a life we grow resentment and bitterness in us.  Laying under the branches of bitterness with leaves of resentment all around us is a really horrible place to be. Expectations of yourself and of others is often pre planned resentment.   So how do we deal with so much hopelessness and suffering and injustice around us? We take our eyes off self. We take our eyes off others failures and we focus on Christ. We offer encouragement to others who are down cast. We share our little small meals with some one else. We find Joy in Gods love for us and we extend it to comfort others. We pray for those who only have the Lord to hope in. We make songs in our hearts. We sing hymns to the Lord. We make  lists of all the honorable and unselfish things we see people do and remind ourselves if there be any good in this situation let the Lord dispense it through us. We pray for wisdom, we pray for resource for others, we pray the Lord use us to comfort the hurting and the dying.. We stay so busy doing the Word of God when we stop and look around us we see so many people we love and that love us.

How do we get the living water of life flowing through us?

Do you know of the testimony in the gospel of the women at the well?

you should read it. Jesus said he had water she could drink and never thirst again.

If you look close. He gave it to her. look close and see how she left with Joy and purpose. He gave her a testimony of Him. 

Call on the  Lord Jesus Christ and pray the Lord give you a testimony of Him until you have it.

John 7:38 

The one who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, will have streams of living water flow from deep within him.”

The most positive thing about all the suffering we go through and others are going through is there are lots of opportunities to do the Lords work, to practice the fruit of the spirit we bare and to preach the good news to the salvation of souls. When we leave this world and stand in our Lords kingdom the greatest fulfillment and joy this life can bring is knowing many of those around you have eternal life in a kingdom with no suffering are there because you showed them the love of Christ and because you invited them.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

we live in satans world He is the god of this world, and by him we see the results of the fall of man ,to bring us into pain trials hardship and despair, we see the world around us, as it has rejected the one and only that is able to save, we follow the word of God, in our hearts and minds and give it out to others ,

we are but the flowers that gives to others to see the beauty and love and the wonder God has , through us all we see what God intended the world to be and not in its darkest moments, as we live today, for many today have there hearts and dreams crushed, but they only need to look to the cross, for there is no greater then for one to lay down there life for another, I think of the things, I go through ,and the tough times but then I look, and see the other brothers and sisters in the faith holding strong with courage and integrity in the faith ,

suffering death and starvation, persecuted and facing horrific  odds, for to follow Jesus yeshua, is to turn from the world of hate and pain and the self, to focus on the glorious and holy righteous God, for in God we find our peace, and in God we find our rest,

our Sabbath is in Him, our hearts and minds are ever wanting to see the glory and the majesty of His power, there is power in the name of yeshua, and there if great power in the cross, the blood of the lamb covers and saves, we have fellowship back with the father and we have salvation through the work and death of Yeshua, all is coming to an end, of transgressions and sin of the world .

Remember satan comes to steal kill and take away your joy and your life, for he is the father of lies,

but now we are in the world, and we need to deal with him ,and our fallen Sinful nature. but we look to the promise and the hope given that He has overcome the world and that , when it is all said and done, I will be with God, and my lord , for ever and ever, and all that we suffer today is and will be as a vapor, for we are not to compare what we are to suffer now to the greatness of Gods love for those that endure, and stay strong,

the bible tells us God loves us, and the bible tells us that a life of the Son of God ,has paid it all in full, and soon to return and redeem what was bought, with the high price of the blood, so we need to be waiting, and continue to walk the straight and narrow, and watch for one day it will all go away , the world will fade away  the old heavens will fade away , but the love of God, , His words never fade away , they are the life giving water that gives us life,  blessings to you brother , and remember

this is the time of testing , and endure until the end, for your rewards He will bring in His hands, be happy and joyful that He has forgiven and saved you, from the evil and the wicked one, and we will be with Him,. one day very soon,

peace..

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35

4 hours ago, spiderman1917 said:

1. Humanity has some very powerful spirit enemies (with Satan at the top). We need to be aware of their existence, but not afraid of them.

2. If these enemies can't stop people from getting saved, they plot, and plan, and device all kinds of evil against men, and especially against the children of God.  This brings about suffering and misery.

3. There are also many evildoers in this world who take pleasure in inflicting pain and suffering on others.  If the justice systems of governments were effective (which they are not) these evildoers would be either behind bars or non-existent. If the governments of this world were righteous, they would go after the terrorists and eliminate them.

4. God is allowing evil to exist is this world "for a season" and for a reason.  At the same time, God has provided a way for men to not only be free from the bondage of sin and Satan, but to have peace in the midst of trials and sufferings. That Way is Christ Himself.

5. God has left His saints on this earth to alleviate the sufferings of others and to also bring the Gospel to all.  While sufferings on this earth are temporarily eternal Hell is eternal. So the focus for Christians should always be the souls of men, while ministering to their physical and medical needs.

Hello Ezra,

4. God is allowing evil to exist is this world "for a season" and for a reason ? what ?

5. God has left His saints on this earth to alleviate the sufferings of others and to also bring the Gospel to all.what ?

where do you get this, ? this is not scriptural, God does not allow this,

it is mans sinful nature of rebellion, that causes this, the evil that has rejected God is doing this, God has sent His son into the world to save us through His blood, he does not allow evil to happen,.

we, man allows evil to happen, satan causes evil to happen, God is a just God, and righteous in all His ways, what we suffer today is of the sinful nature and the fallen evil powers that rule today , in this world, God is not mocked !

Jesus said this is not my world , and His kingdom is not of this world ,, that's why satan was able to take Him ,and tempt Him that if He was to bow to him, then he would give him everything in the world , so the line is drawn, who is the God of this world

for Scripture tells us that when we come into the presence of the lord, no more tears no more sorrow, every tear will be wiped away ,

there is appointed times , and the fullness of the gentiles has not come yet ? so be of good cheer , God has redeemed us,. and soon we will be called home,

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,119
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

20 hours ago, spiderman1917 said:

Perhaps you have become so focused on the suffering that you have forgotten to be thankful?

I have found that the more immediate thanksgiving I give to God for each small benefit or success I receive...the more they come.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, WilliamL said:

Perhaps you have become so focused on the suffering that you have forgotten to be thankful?

I have found that the more immediate thanksgiving I give to God for each small benefit or success I receive...the more they come.

I agree with this, and also I think the more we give thanks for even the small blessings, the more we recognize and acknowledge things in our lives as blessings.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35

16 hours ago, SINNERSAVED said:

Hello Ezra,

4. God is allowing evil to exist is this world "for a season" and for a reason ? what ?

5. God has left His saints on this earth to alleviate the sufferings of others and to also bring the Gospel to all.what ? 

where do you get this, ? this is not scriptural, God does not allow this,

If you think that is not scriptural, kindly dig a little deeper and you will discover those truths in the Bible for yourself. If God does not "allow"evil, He would have immediately consigned Satan and his evil angels to the Lake of Fire (which was prepared for them).

40 minutes ago, Ezra said:

If you think that is not scriptural, kindly dig a little deeper and you will discover those truths in the Bible for yourself. If God does not "allow"evil, He would have immediately consigned Satan and his evil angels to the Lake of Fire (which was prepared for them).

scripture of God is the love that over comes the evil in the trials of the flesh and the rejection to God we have Sin,

Sin is a result of what is happening to people today , you reap what you sow, and so , if God allowed this, then why did Yeshua go to the cross ?

He would not have sacrificed His  begotten Son for a world that he is not trying to save from the wicked and lawless one

you are confused in your thoughts of who God s is for God is a God of love, and if you... read ...the scriptures we follow a humble and crucified lamb that humbled himself and made Him self lower then the angels to save you and me from this evil and suffering world of satan, the god of this world continues to punish and deceive people, and many have to turn from there ways and seek God the high priest , = the bridge to the father, there is no other way , and also it is the appointed times of Gods time line that we  wait on, Jesus has finished the good work, you have said this also , and so do not place the cross in vain to make a excuse for why we are still suffering,

we are awaiting for the fullness of the Gentiles, and then a end to the transgressions and sins will be no more

and what was bought by the blood on the cross will be redeemed to Him that has come to save,

this is truth and scripture of God,, to not get caught up in this world to ,  wait unto the lord, be of good cheer, and be joyful when they beat you and persecute you and so this is , building your faith and rewards that you are following the father, and not turning from God in the hard times, but following Him looking to the cross, for He cares for you, so remember what your serves is for you have been bought with a price and so you are not of your own, but Christs, for his purpose, and glory of God to the people, we are to be the light and the salt, and the road is narrow , and only a few enter in this way,

peace to you brother