• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  458
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

My faith is in Jesus, not in the Sabbath.   

Yeah! Mine to.

REV.14 [12] Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD, AND THE FAITH OF JESUS.

I also observe to keep His commandments. Including His 4th

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

2 hours ago, Spock said:

In addition, I strongly object to the way the Sabbath day was changed from Saturday to Sunday and believe it was highly motivated with anti semitism and piggybacked on a pagan holiday, Sun-day worship of the pagans. Also, the church of Nicaea decisions mean nothing to me. 

"The reason why God instituted the old Sabbath was to be a memorial of the creation; but he has now brought the first day of the week in its room in memory of a more glorious work than creation, which is redemption."

http://biblehub.com/library/watson/the_ten_commandments/2_4_the_fourth_commandment.htm

Any thoughts on the theory that Sunday, as the day of redemption, being significant?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

2 minutes ago, hmbld said:

"The reason why God instituted the old Sabbath was to be a memorial of the creation

I don't think this is in line with any SCRIPTURE.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

3 minutes ago, hmbld said:

Any thoughts on the theory that Sunday, as the day of redemption, being significant?

It's not even a theory.  It's only tradition.  It is significant because it affects billions of souls.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

4 minutes ago, hmbld said:

"The reason why God instituted the old Sabbath was to be a memorial of the creation; but he has now brought the first day of the week in its room in memory of a more glorious work than creation, which is redemption."

http://biblehub.com/library/watson/the_ten_commandments/2_4_the_fourth_commandment.htm

I can't buy that brother. Can you show me where in the Bible any of the 12 apostles had their day of rest and worship  on Sun-day? 

It may sound good to make it Sunday because Jesus rose on Sunday, but I will need a lot more evidence, in particular for the Bible writers that they abandoned Saturday and moved it to Sunday.  I will keep tracking this thread to see if you have any. Thanks.

spock

Guest shiloh357
22 minutes ago, WailingWall said:

Yeah! Mine to.

REV.14 [12] Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD, AND THE FAITH OF JESUS.

I also observe to keep His commandments. Including His 4th

That's fine and it is your choice to keep the seventh day as the Sabbath.   But you have no right, biblically, to say that it is obligatory on all believers.

1 minute ago, Spock said:

I can't buy that brother. Can you show me where in the Bible any of the 12 apostles had their day of rest and worship  on Sun-day? 

It may sound good to make it Sunday because Jesus rose on Sunday, but I will need a lot more evidence, in particular for the Bible writers that they abandoned Saturday and moved it to Sunday.  I will keep tracking this thread to see if you have any. Thanks.

spock

No, Spock, just wanted to see what you thought.  I've read different reasons for Sunday, this was one.  As far as the fourth commandment, Shiloh has expressed perfectly the conclusion I've come to after reading this topic for several years now, not just in this thread.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

11 minutes ago, hmbld said:

What you are saying/quoting has know scriptural basis.

7 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

It's not even a theory.  It's only tradition.  It is significant because it affects billions of souls.

Theory, tradition, I don't know.  Just something I read and wanted to ask about.  As far as billions of souls, are we justified by faith or by keeping the Sabbath?

Just now, worthy said:

What you are saying/quoting has know scriptural basis.

Ok, thanks.  I was just asking as I don't know why so many Christians go along with Sunday.