• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

16 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

16 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I see what you're saying. And I agree that Jesus was born on Sukkot.  I think he was born on the first night of Sukkot, and circumcised on Shemni Atzeret.

I do wish we celebrated Jesus' resurrection three days after Passover instead of allowing the solar calendar to dictate that.  It seems so out of place to celebrate the resurrection two weeks before or after Passover.   I was reading and the early Christians did not celebrate the Resurrection at all.  The anniversary of Jesus' resurrection wasn't a holy day or a holiday.  It wasn't a day at all.     They viewed it as a fact that shaped their lives and informed how they lived every day.

To be honest, and maybe it's the "old man" in me speaking, but I really would not miss Christmas, either.   It is so far flung even from what it was supposed to be for Christians, that it is just an abomination and a way for the retail industry to manipulate and brainwash people into thinking that you don't love your family if you don't in debt to the tune of $7500 at Christmas.

Totally agree with everything you said. Especially enjoyed reading all the details you added. 

By the way, Passover tomorrow. Lamb, matzah, horseradish, and Mannishevitz coming up.  Lol

Edited by Spock

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

The sabbath day has always been Saturday or Friday sunset to Saturday sunset. God rested on the seventh day of the week. That's easy to understand. We are not commanded  to keep the sabbath day of rest in the new covenant.  If you make it mandatory you place yourself under the law .And no longer under grace.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

5 hours ago, worthy said:

What do you think about Christ making it mandatory in the new Millennial?

BTW I have nothing against people going to church and things of that nature on Sunday I did. But its sad that people refuse to accept that the original sabbath was not on Sunday. Giller has shared that he understands that the original sabbath was not on Sunday and he went down explain some other things about us being in the new covenant. Do you understand that the original Sabbath day was not on Sunday?

I suggest we cross that bridge when we get to it

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

Just now, other one said:

I suggest we cross that bridge when we get to it

Sounds good to me!

4 hours ago, Spock said:

I'm shocked to think some people dont accept the original Sabbath as Saturday.  Oh well....

I've been here for many years and I don't remember anyone saying the original sabbath was not on Saturday.  And lately I don't remember anyone saying the Sabbath is not Friday night and Saturday day time.   I say the sabbath is Friday night and Saturday day even now so I don't understand your post

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

Just now, other one said:

I've been here for many years and I don't remember anyone saying the original sabbath was not on Saturday.  And lately I don't remember anyone saying the Sabbath is not Friday night and Saturday day time.   I say the sabbath is Friday night and Saturday day even now so I don't understand your post

I wasn't referring to people here. It was a general statement:)

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

I see what you're saying. And I agree that Jesus was born on Sukkot.  I think he was born on the first night of Sukkot, and circumcised on Shemni Atzeret.

I do wish we celebrated Jesus' resurrection three days after Passover instead of allowing the solar calendar to dictate that.  It seems so out of place to celebrate the resurrection two weeks before or after Passover.   I was reading and the early Christians did not celebrate the Resurrection at all.  The anniversary of Jesus' resurrection wasn't a holy day or a holiday.  It wasn't a day at all.     They viewed it as a fact that shaped their lives and informed how they lived every day.

To be honest, and maybe it's the "old man" in me speaking, but I really would not miss Christmas, either.   It is so far flung even from what it was supposed to be for Christians, that it is just an abomination and a way for the retail industry to manipulate and brainwash people into thinking that you don't love your family if you don't in debt to the tune of $7500 at Christmas.

Amen to that Shiloh

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, Giller said:

Well these feasts in and of themselves are harmless, and I find you can learn things from celebrating them, but just in remembering to what they point to, but in saying that, God says to not judge someone as concerns celebrating these feasts or not, for it is not mandatory, but can be beneficial, in the sense of learning more about Christ.

But you have to be careful least you start to make them mandatory, and that is were the danger lies, otherwise, it is harmless.

No, while I believe they are mandatory for the Jew,  because they point to Christ, they are a BLESSING FOR any Christian who also partskes, like my wife and I.  God loves worship that is FREELY given probably even more, don't you think? 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  458
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/8/2017 at 1:27 PM, Spock said:

I'm with you, but I understand where the non Sabbath people are coming from.  They believe the 10 commandments were given by Moses TO THE JEWS, and therefore they are not under that OLD law.

They see Jesus talking about all the law being summarized into two laws- Love God with all your heart, love neighbor as self. They now feel free to have their own day of rest/worship. 

That could be the case. 

It is the case Spock. Thing is the scriptures tell us how we are to love one another. Its not simply through spoken words but definate actions

1JOHN 5 [2] By this WE KNOW THAT WE LOVE THE CHILDREN OF GOD, when we love God, and keep his commandments. [3] For THIS IS THE LOVE OF GOD, THAT WE KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS: and his commandments are not grievous.

To show our love for the children of God, we are to keep the commandments

2JOHN1  [5] And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that WE LOVE ONE ANOTHER.[6] And THIS IS LOVE, THAT WE WALK AFTER HIS COMMANDMENTS. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

Love one another. Keep the commandments

JAMES 2 [8] If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR AS THYSELF, ye do well: [9] But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.[10] For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.[11] For he that said, DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, said also, DO NOT KILL. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

ROMANS 13 [8] Owe no man any thing, but to LOVE ONE ANOTHER: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.[9] For this, THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, THOU SHALT NOT KILL, THOU SHALT NOT STEAL, THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, THOU SHALT NOT COVET; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.[10] Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Im showing  the scriptures of James 2 and Romans 13 which explain to us how we are to show our love for one another because im sure the next thing i hear is that it is not the 10 commandments being mentioned. But as you can see in these scriptures, adultry  killing, stealing, bearing false witness, covetness are mentioned. And i suppose i will hear you say that since the “keeping of the sabbath” is not mentioned or “thou shalt have no other gods before me" is not mentioned these commandments can be ignored.  Aint no way Spock. Theres trouble with tribels!!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  458
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/8/2017 at 5:28 PM, Wayne222 said:

We are not under the law. But under christ. Many people want to be under law. Christ is the end of the law for righteousness.

Yup Wayne. Your right....Christ is the end of the law for righteousness

DEUT. 30 [10] If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul. [11] For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off. [12] It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, WHO SHALL GO UP FOR US TO HEAVEN, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? [13] Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? [14] But THE WORD IS VERY NIGH UNTO THEE, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.

Israel was told they were to keep Gods 10 commandments. The Word is nigh

ROMANS 10 [1] Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. [2] For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. [3] For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. [4] For CHRIST IS THE END OF THE LAW FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS to every one that believeth. [5] For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them. [6] But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, WHO SHALL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:) [7] Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.) [8] But what saith it? THE WORD IS NIGH THEE, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

The Word is nigh. But Israel was ignorant at the time that they could not attain Gods righteousness by keeping the law. They did not know that Christ was the end of the law for righteousness. No matter how well they kept the 10 commandments they would fall short and be as filthy rags. The bottom line is that we as believers are still to keep Gods 10 commandments but its only by grace through faith in the shed blood of Christ that we are made righteous. His blood alone washes us clean from our short comings in keeping His law. Christ is the end of the law for righteousness.

EZEKIEL 33 [13] When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; IF HE TRUST TO HIS OWN RIGHTEOUSNESS, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, HE SHALL DIE for it. [14] Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; IF HE TURN FROM HIS SIN, AND DO THAT WHICH IS LAWFUL and right; [15] If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, HE SHALL NOT DIE. [16] None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: HE HATH DONE THAT WHICH IS LAWFUL AND RIGHT; HE SHALL SURELY LIVE.

Its explained more fully in Ezek.33. We are to observe to keep Gods law but we must not trust in it as a means of attaining true righteousness. Christ is the end of the law for righteousness because we will all fall short in keeping the law. Its ONLY by the blood of Christ and His grace  that we shall become righteous.

ROMANS 5 [19] For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. [20] Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: [21] That as SIN HATH REIGNED UNTO DEATH, even so might GRACE REIGN THROUGH RIGHTEOUSNESS UNTO ETERNAL LIFE by Jesus Christ our Lord.