• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, JaniceR said:

I believe the Sabbath was for the Israelites. As Christians, we have no commandment to practice the Sabbath on a particular day. 

Amen Janice, we have Sabbath every day....oh how great it is to rest in Jesus  finished work , it's only because of Him that we can rest in His rest  every day..

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  480
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, angels4u said:

Amen Janice, we have Sabbath every day....oh how great it is to rest in Jesus  finished work , it's only because of Him that we can rest in His rest  every day..

There is no Biblical reference for your statements, but if you have one please show me the Biblical reference.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  04/27/1974

12 hours ago, other one said:

Might I ask how you came to understand that.

Adam and Eve, Cain and Abel, all kept certain feasts also, did you know that?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,229
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, Just a Mirror said:

Adam and Eve, Cain and Abel, all kept certain feasts also, did you know that?

and what writing said they kept a sabbath or these feasts?

6 hours ago, other one said:

and what writing said they kept a sabbath or these feasts?

Leviticus 23

Ehyah Asher Ehyah said to Moses, “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘These ARE (not, will be) MY appointed festivals, the appointed festivals of Ehyeh As'er Ehyeh, which you are to proclaim as sacred assemblies.

Offering the Firstfruits

Ehyeh As'er Ehyeh said to Moses, 10 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘When you enter the land I am going to give you and you reap its harvest, bring to the priest a sheaf of the first grain you harvest. 11 He is to wave the sheaf before Ehyeh As'er Ehyeh so it will be accepted on your behalf; the priest is to wave it on the day after the Sabbath. 12 On the day you wave the sheaf, you must sacrifice as a burnt offering to Ehyeh As'er Ehyeh a lamb a year old without defect, 13 together with its grain offering of two-tenths of an ephah[a] of the finest flour mixed with olive oil—a food offering presented to Ehyeh As'er Ehyeh, a pleasing aroma—and its drink offering of a quarter of a hin[b] of wine. 14 You must not eat any bread, or roasted or new grain, until the very day you bring this offering to Elohekem (YOUR GOD). This is to be a lasting ordinance for the generations to come, wherever you live.

Genesis 4

And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the FRUIT of the ground an OFFERING unto Ehyeh As'er Ehyeh.

And Abel, he also brought of the FIRSTLINGS of his flock and of the FAT thereof. And Ehyeh As'er Ehyeh had respect unto Abel and to his offering.

(If you look closely enough you will see the foreshadowing of the sacrifice of Messiah.)

They kept the Feasts, the feasts were before Israel.

Howabout that Sabbath? What did Elohekem say about that and when?

Leviticus 23 Verse 3

“‘There are six days when you may work, but the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest, a day of sacred assembly. You are not to do any work; wherever you live, it is a sabbath to the Lord."

It is a foreshadowing of the millennial reign, a time of renewal for earth, on which mankind reside, we will REAP the benefits of a renewed earth.

Therefore for the righteous , the Sabbath WAS a time of rest from the work of toiling physically and NOW we are living free from sin, free of the spiritual toiling. Then the millennial reign is a time of rest physically AND spiritually, and our Savior gives us both.

Do you see? The Sabbath, the Millennial reign was made for us to rest! MADE FOR US!! Not us for it! 

It is not farfetched to believe that the Holy men or Righteous as Elohekem puts it, before and during Moshe, kept days and feasts and festivals, otherwise how would they set themselves apart from the unrighteous? But now we are redeemed not through feasts and festivals, but through our Saviors sacrifice soo that we may rest in Him.

I hope That makes it more clear.

Peace upon you.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  458
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

On 1/19/2017 at 10:31 PM, other one said:

I don't understand why people don't understand we are under a new covenant and new rules and it says that the old covenant was lacking and why we have the new.   Next think we'll have to start circumcising people again.

Nope. No need for circumcision

1 COR. 7 [19] Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

But according to Paul we must keep His commandments

47 minutes ago, Just a Mirror said:

Leviticus 23

Ehyah Asher Ehyah said to Moses, “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘These ARE (not, will be) MY appointed festivals, the appointed festivals of Ehyeh As'er Ehyeh, which you are to proclaim as sacred assemblies.

Offering the Firstfruits

Ehyeh As'er Ehyeh said to Moses, 10 “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘When you enter the land I am going to give you and you reap its harvest, bring to the priest a sheaf of the first grain you harvest. 11 He is to wave the sheaf before Ehyeh As'er Ehyeh so it will be accepted on your behalf; the priest is to wave it on the day after the Sabbath. 12 On the day you wave the sheaf, you must sacrifice as a burnt offering to Ehyeh As'er Ehyeh a lamb a year old without defect, 13 together with its grain offering of two-tenths of an ephah[a] of the finest flour mixed with olive oil—a food offering presented to Ehyeh As'er Ehyeh, a pleasing aroma—and its drink offering of a quarter of a hin[b] of wine. 14 You must not eat any bread, or roasted or new grain, until the very day you bring this offering to Elohekem (YOUR GOD). This is to be a lasting ordinance for the generations to come, wherever you live.

Genesis 4

And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the FRUIT of the ground an OFFERING unto Ehyeh As'er Ehyeh.

And Abel, he also brought of the FIRSTLINGS of his flock and of the FAT thereof. And Ehyeh As'er Ehyeh had respect unto Abel and to his offering.

(If you look closely enough you will see the foreshadowing of the sacrifice of Messiah.)

They kept the Feasts, the feasts were before Israel.

Howabout that Sabbath? What did Elohekem say about that and when?

Leviticus 23 Verse 3

“‘There are six days when you may work, but the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest, a day of sacred assembly. You are not to do any work; wherever you live, it is a sabbath to the Lord."

It is a foreshadowing of the millennial reign, a time of renewal for earth, on which mankind reside, we will REAP the benefits of a renewed earth.

Therefore for the righteous , the Sabbath WAS a time of rest from the work of toiling physically and NOW we are living free from sin, free of the spiritual toiling. Then the millennial reign is a time of rest physically AND spiritually, and our Savior gives us both.

Do you see? The Sabbath, the Millennial reign was made for us to rest! MADE FOR US!! Not us for it! 

It is not farfetched to believe that the Holy men or Righteous as Elohekem puts it, before and during Moshe, kept days and feasts and festivals, otherwise how would they set themselves apart from the unrighteous? But now we are redeemed not through feasts and festivals, but through our Saviors sacrifice soo that we may rest in Him.

I hope That makes it more clear.

Peace upon you.

making an offering to the Lord by Able and Cain is a far cry from saying they observed the Sabbath at that time..

The other scripture was Moses setting things up for the ancient Israelites.    Which we are not.

If it was as important as you make it I would think the Lord would have spelled it out pretty clear....   he certainly did through Moses.....           And if you want to be a part of the first covenant, go for it....    personally I'm shooting for eternal life which is part of the second covenant with different commandments...

each to thier own though.

4 hours ago, other one said:

making an offering to the Lord by Able and Cain is a far cry from saying they observed the Sabbath at that time..

The other scripture was Moses setting things up for the ancient Israelites.    Which we are not.

If it was as important as you make it I would think the Lord would have spelled it out pretty clear....   he certainly did through Moses.....           And if you want to be a part of the first covenant, go for it....    personally I'm shooting for eternal life which is part of the second covenant with different commandments...

each to thier own though.

I'm not saying that in this covenant we are to keep certain days or Sabbaths, what I am saying is that people in the past always have because it was how they kept in Gods good graces.

What people fail to realize is that every AGE has had a kind of worship, even at the beginning, a way of recognizing a follower of the True Creator. For us it is believing in the Son, by faith we are saved, and by His sacrifice we are guided by the Holy Spirit in our everyday lives where we sacrifice our lives, our wants, our desires, those desires in which we fight against in this corrupted body of sin, soo that we may live a more holy life acceptable to our Savior.

Times past serve only as PROOF, as a SIGN, that we are not alone in our pursuit, that we can learn from times past the evidence of our faith, that we recognize Gods work in our lives and the similarities to the faithful who walked before us.

We live in a special time, we have a special purpose and though the world around us repeats history over and over that we are not bound to follow the folly of the world around us.

We are redeemed from among men, we are the bride of our Husband, our Savior, our King, our Lord and our God.

All these pointless arguments over scriptures in which you gain nothing from your personal prejudices based on your own understanding.

If we must haggle over vain musings, do not take it to heart, for we our saved individually by the shedding of Christs blood, not on prophetic knowledge which most have been fed by those blind who lead the blind.

We are not saved by the Sabbath, we are not saved by a Rapture, we are saved by faith in the Son.

So wait and see what happens if you cannot agree on prophecy, pretend you are alone, and your words are heard but you are not sanctified by them. So do not quarrel over you limited understandings, and if you do understand, do not expect everyone to be in a position in their life to hear you.

To each their own, there are a few things which hold true for all believers, hold fast to those things which further obedience in love.

The pride of mankind permeates into even places where it should not be, examine yourselves in the light of love that you may see your darkness.

Grace and love to all in Christ, amen.

Edited by Just a Mirror
extra word.

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  480
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

I follow God's commandments BECAUSE I am saved by God's grace through Jesus...Jesus said "if you love me keep my Commandments John 14.15 and in Matthew 19.17 to enter into life keep the commandments and He identifies the ten commandments...so that, is our mission as Christians, to be a light unto the world by keeping God's commandments, this separates us from the world.

6 hours ago, heretoeternity said:

I follow God's commandments BECAUSE I am saved by God's grace through Jesus...Jesus said "if you love me keep my Commandments John 14.15 and in Matthew 19.17 to enter into life keep the commandments and He identifies the ten commandments...so that, is our mission as Christians, to be a light unto the world by keeping God's commandments, this separates us from the world.

Which commandments......   the ones he gave the apostles, or the ones he gave Moses