• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

3 hours ago, Ezra said:

Why is it incorrect?  Are Christians required to observe the Jewish holy days? Show me one Scripture in the New Testament which says that Christians are required to do so.  Otherwise retract your accusations.

And to confirm that you are the one who is always opposing the New Testament teachings (which are the teachings of Christ) let me show you another Scripture which says that all OT ceremonial observances are NULL AND VOID because they were good only until "the time of reformation" which has already come (Heb 9:10):  Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience; Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.

Temple gifts and sacrifices, dietary restrictions, ceremonial washings, and all carnal observances (including holy days) are now obsolete. 

did you read what Paradigm said, above, He is telling the truth and the word , and you are tossing it out with the bathwater,

he made it clear, and wrote it so all can understand, he is right, and you are wrong, but you refuse to admit this, and you tell the people the old law is out and not to be used,  you even have a list, that you did make up on your own for it does not say what you listed anywhere in the bible , and that is a fact, you have side step what Paul writes , and say what He did not say , but the opposite, so you need to go back and read this, and you will see what we are trying to show you, ,you cannot make up the laws your self and take away , what God says not too?

you have come to me and called me a false teacher , and I am teaching doctrines of demons, ? your words  to me,

but I am not mad at all ,and I am not holding it against you , I am just trying to show you what God and the apostles are showing us and the correct way of how it is, I am not inventing  or adding or taking away any word of the bible, I am straight telling you that you have mislead people to believe a lie, and its right there above your post, but if you refuse to look at it, and don't want to believe you are worng,

then that's on you , my brother, this post is in love, and compassion to bring people to the loving and Holy grace of God, by His words, not mine?

blessings and peace , and I pray here is what many need to see, , the only thing that is wiped away is the ceremonial sacrifices for Jesus has nailed it all finished on the cross, and the law of Sin and death which could not be done by the law, and is carried over through the grace, of salvation by the blood  of jesus, and so this is it, the rest remains, and that includes the dietary laws, period,

did you know that the torah , =is the law of God,  and the truth = is the word of God, ! I have not teached anything,, outside of the bible in its pure form of what we are to understand , and its proven by the post above, read it , thank you

God have mercy on us all,..

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

6 hours ago, SINNERSAVED said:

you have come to me and called me a false teacher , and I am teaching doctrines of demons, ? your words  to me,

Scripture tells us plainly that commanding to abstain from meats is indeed a doctrine of demons, and that is exactly what you are promoting.  The Catholic Church commands celibacy, which is also a doctrine of demons (1 Tim 4:1-6). They sincerely believe that they are right, just as you do.

And the rest of your rant is meaningless, since you have not shown from the New Testament that Torah observance applies to Christians today.  Indeed, without the Temple, there can be no true Torah observance -- it is purely a sham.  That is why Judaism is a sham. And without the Temple veil, there can be no true Temple!  That veil was torn over 2,000 years ago to teach you that Torah observance is finished. But you have ignored that lesson from God, and Scripture says you are tempting God: Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? (Acts 15:10).

Quoting how Paul continued with certain Jewish practices is quite misleading, because later on Paul taught the doctrine of the Church (Jew and Gentile without distinction in one Body) and he also turned away from the Jews.  Then the church at Jerusalem -- under the guidance of the Holy Spirit -- clarified that only four laws of Moses would apply to Christians, and two of those were already given to Noah long ago. Please note very carefully the limits of the Law of Moses for the Church: For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;  That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well. (Acts 15:28,29).

4 minutes ago, Cletus said:

The word easter reflects (in other languages) the pagan deity ishtar.  And I suppose we color easter eggs and hide them to appease God to bring bountiful crops?  no.  Thats a pagan tradition.

If one celebrates The Risen Christ on easter that is Christian.  But it does not change the history or the roots of the traditions.  In no way does easter eggs signify The Resurrection or anything to do with Christ.  Easter is pagan.  Period.  The end.  To argue this point is to ignore history and cultures of past civilizations.  Even the tradition of the easter ham is pagan and goes back to babylon.  Back to tammuz. 

I am not trying to say that if you or anyone celebrates Jesus on easter that its pagan.  Nor am I trying to discourage someone from celebrating Jesus.  I celebrate Jesus everyday.  What I am saying is that easter IS pagan. 

When the church began spreading out there was a lot of pagans out there.  And the law of the land said you had to be a Christian.  So the church was full of pagans that needed to get saved.  So we took thier holidays and put a Jesus spin or a Jesus smiley face sticker on it and kept much of the traditions.  Say what you want.  Celebrate what you want.  But easter is pagan. 

Did you say the pagan , easter HAM ? what is that about ? please tell, ? do not leave me hanging,,,,,, thank you

7 minutes ago, Cletus said:

The word easter reflects (in other languages) the pagan deity ishtar.  And I suppose we color easter eggs and hide them to appease God to bring bountiful crops?  no.  Thats a pagan tradition.

If one celebrates The Risen Christ on easter that is Christian.  But it does not change the history or the roots of the traditions.  In no way does easter eggs signify The Resurrection or anything to do with Christ.  Easter is pagan.  Period.  The end.  To argue this point is to ignore history and cultures of past civilizations.  Even the tradition of the easter ham is pagan and goes back to babylon.  Back to tammuz. 

I am not trying to say that if you or anyone celebrates Jesus on easter that its pagan.  Nor am I trying to discourage someone from celebrating Jesus.  I celebrate Jesus everyday.  What I am saying is that easter IS pagan. 

When the church began spreading out there was a lot of pagans out there.  And the law of the land said you had to be a Christian.  So the church was full of pagans that needed to get saved.  So we took thier holidays and put a Jesus spin or a Jesus smiley face sticker on it and kept much of the traditions.  Say what you want.  Celebrate what you want.  But easter is pagan. 

I will agree with you , 100%, you are telling the truth , and so let the truth be told, blessings to you ,

4 minutes ago, Cletus said:

Nimrod was a great hunter and tammuz, his son followed in His footsteps.  Well im not totally sure its his son.  semiramis claimed to be a demi goddess and fell from the moon into the euphrates river in the form of an egg.  she claimed nimrod, once dead ascended to the sun and became who the hebrews refered to as baal.  She claimed the rays of the sun impregnated her and tammuz was the offspring.  tammuz was killed while hunting by a wild pig.  semiramis then invented this thing where either 30 oir 40 days before easter they dont eat meat.  then on eater they eat a dead pig to celebrate tammuz. 

WOW ? that is some story ?  can you tell me where I can find that story , or resource, if you have it , you can send it to  just me if you wish  , thanks you  thats very interesting, blessings to you ,

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

21 minutes ago, Cletus said:

The word easter reflects (in other languages) the pagan deity ishtar.  And I suppose we color easter eggs and hide them to appease God to bring bountiful crops?  no.  Thats a pagan tradition....

So was gift-giving during Sol Invictus. Now it too is a Christian tradition as well despite the fact that Christmas celebrations in New England were once illegal.

"On their first Christmas in the New World, the Pilgrims at Plymouth Colony celebrated the holiday not at all. Instead they worked in the fields...

"The Puritans in the Massachusetts Bay Colony went one step further and actually outlawed the celebration of Christmas. From 1659 to 1681, anyone caught celebrating Christmas in the colony would be fined five shillings.

"Well into the 18th century, those who attempted to keep the tradition of wassailing alive in New England often found themselves arrested and fined. Indeed, the Puritan War on Christmas lasted up to 1870, when Christmas became a legally recognized federal holiday. Until then, men and women were expected to go to work, stores were expected to remain open, and many churches did not even hold religious services...."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/15/opinion/the-puritan-war-on-christmas.html?_r=0

5 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

So was gift-giving during Sol Invictus. Now it too is a Christian tradition as well despite the fact that Christmas celebrations in New England were once illegal.

"On their first Christmas in the New World, the Pilgrims at Plymouth Colony celebrated the holiday not at all. Instead they worked in the fields...

"The Puritans in the Massachusetts Bay Colony went one step further and actually outlawed the celebration of Christmas. From 1659 to 1681, anyone caught celebrating Christmas in the colony would be fined five shillings.

"Well into the 18th century, those who attempted to keep the tradition of wassailing alive in New England often found themselves arrested and fined. Indeed, the Puritan War on Christmas lasted up to 1870, when Christmas became a legally recognized federal holiday. Until then, men and women were expected to go to work, stores were expected to remain open, and many churches did not even hold religious services...."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/15/opinion/the-puritan-war-on-christmas.html?_r=0

thank you for the info , interesting, blessings to you

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  142
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

On 3/29/2016 at 3:29 PM, Ezra said:

Why is it incorrect?  Are Christians required to observe the Jewish holy days? Show me one Scripture in the New Testament which says that Christians are required to do so.  Otherwise retract your accusations.

First of all we must understand that these are really not the "Jewish holy days." These are the appointed times of the Creator as it is written:

Leviticus 23:1-2  And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the Lord, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts.

Exodus 12:14  And this day shall be unto you for a memorial; and ye shall keep it a feast to the Lord throughout your generations; ye shall keep it a feast by an ordinance for ever.

Exodus 12:17   And ye shall observe the feast of unleavened bread; for in this selfsame day have I brought your armies out of the land of Egypt: therefore shall ye observe this day in your generations by an ordinance for ever.

Exodus 12:24 And ye shall observe this thing for an ordinance to thee and to thy sons for ever.

Exodus 12:48-49  And when a stranger shall sojourn with thee, and will keep the passover to the Lord, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land: for no uncircumcised person shall eat thereof. 49 One law shall be to him that is homeborn, and unto the stranger that sojourneth among you.

Leviticus 16:29 And this shall be a statute for ever unto you: that in the seventh month, on the tenth day of the month, ye shall afflict your souls, and do no work at all, whether it be one of your own country, or a stranger that sojourneth among you:

Numbers 15:16  One law and one manner shall be for you, and for the stranger that sojourneth with you.

31 It shall be a sabbath of rest unto you, and ye shall afflict your souls, by a statute for ever.

34 And this shall be an everlasting statute unto you, to make an atonement for the children of Israel for all their sins once a year. And he did as the Lord commanded Moses.

Exodus 31:14-17  Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. 15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. 16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

Leviticus 23:21  And ye shall proclaim on the selfsame day, that it may be an holy convocation unto you: ye shall do no servile work therein: it shall be a statute for ever in all your dwellings throughout your generations.

Leviticus 23:31  Ye shall do no manner of work: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations in all your dwellings.

Leviticus 23:41  And ye shall keep it a feast unto the Lord seven days in the year. It shall be a statute for ever in your generations: ye shall celebrate it in the seventh month.

Isaiah 56:2-6  Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil. 3 Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the Lord, speak, saying, The Lord hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.For thus saith the Lord unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the Lord, to serve him, and to love the name of the Lord, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;

Isaiah 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain.23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

Zechariah 14:16-19 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the Lord will smite the heathen (Nations) that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Hebrews 4:2-8

For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

5 hours ago, Paradigm said:

First of all we must understand that these are really not the "Jewish holy days."

Not according to what is revealed.  Israel was given the holy days under the Old Covenant.  They are null and void under the New Covenant and during the Church Age.  If they were valid for the Church, that would have been clearly spelled out in Acts and the New Testament.  

There may be a revival of these during the Millennium, but that will be in connection with redeemed and restored Israel, when an actual Millennial Temple is brought into existence.  Since there is no Temple on earth, everything pertaining to the Old Covenant has been set aside.  Study Hebrews.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

8 hours ago, Ezra said:

Not according to what is revealed.  Israel was given the holy days under the Old Covenant.  They are null and void under the New Covenant and during the Church Age.  If they were valid for the Church, that would have been clearly spelled out in Acts and the New Testament....

Concerning the New Testament, would these days fall under Paul's meat and vegetables analogy, i.e., "... One person regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind" (Romans 14:1-5)?