IGNORED

the book of Jasher, should it be part of study ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

4 minutes ago, SINNERSAVED said:

I have the jasher book, so how do I know which is fake and which is real , I did not know there was more then one with the same, name,

now I have all three of enoch , and its really deep, I think it is worth  it to read it, and think of how the spirit world really is,

it gives  a new way of the bible for sure, I cannot say if its contradicts  or firms up scripture, but its a great read,  period.

Well the first book of Enoch is meant to be the authentic one, not the second or third book.... just a little warning.

As for Jasher, well the two other forgeries were exposed a long time ago and are unlikely to be sold to you as being authentic, in fact I'm not sure that they are even in print anymore.

There are three tests for discerning the truth of Extra-Biblical literature:

1/ Does it contradict scripture? If it does, discard it as being false.

2/ Does it add to scripture by either twisting scripture or introducing new doctrines? If it does, disregard it because it's false.

If it passes the first two tests then apply test number three.

3/ Does it complement scripture or in any other way authenticate scripture? If it does, it's probably truthful and educational even if it tells you more than scripture tells you.

The book of Jasher seems to authenticate scripture and pads out the history a bit. Enoch, I'm not so sure about but it's pretty dark and disturbing anyway so it's not exactly Sunday School teaching... maybe one of the reasons it was not considered fit to be in the bible.

The third book, the Book of Jubilees ... I haven't read it yet so I can't really comment, but I know little bits of it.

From what I can gather, Enoch, Jasher and Jubilees compliment each other and don't contradict each other. Jasher also compliments scripture... so it's possible that they may all be authentic and truthful. Jasher appears to be the safest - it gives no prophecies, teaches no doctrine and just expands on what we already know... it's also a reasonably interesting read.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

1 minute ago, OakWood said:

Well the first book of Enoch is meant to be the authentic one, not the second or third book.... just a little warning.

As for Jasher, well the two other forgeries were exposed a long time ago and are unlikely to be sold to you as being authentic, in fact I'm not sure that they are even in print anymore.

There are three tests for discerning the truth of Extra-Biblical literature:

1/ Does it contradict scripture? If it does, discard it as being false.

2/ Does it add to scripture by either twisting scripture or introducing new doctrines? If it does, disregard it because it's false.

If it passes the first two tests then apply test number three.

3/ Does it complement scripture or in any other way authenticate scripture? If it does, it's probably truthful and educational even if it tells you more than scripture tells you.

The book of Jasher seems to authenticate scripture and pads out the history a bit. Enoch, I'm not so sure about but it's pretty dark and disturbing anyway so it's not exactly Sunday School teaching... maybe one of the reasons it was not considered fit to be in the bible.

The third book, the Book of Jubilees ... I haven't read it yet so I can't really comment, but I know little bits of it.

From what I can gather, Enoch, Jasher and Jubilees compliment each other and don't contradict each other. Jasher also compliments scripture... so it's possible that they may all be authentic and truthful. Jasher appears to be the safest - it gives no prophecies, teaches no doctrine and just expands on what we already know... it's also a reasonably interesting read.

the book Jasher is , easy to get, and many people are ordering it, so its out, like hot cakes, also the book of Enoch from the Ethiopic is another hot item,

in fact i went to barns and noble, and asked the lady if they had the book of  enoch, and she said the gentleman two minutes in front of me asked her to order it for him  and so i got mine, but its interesting to see others looking and searching to complete the scriptures and to be sure they have all of Gods word , i think God is really moving in peoples lives and searching for truth and God is evident,

blessings and thank you for your advise,

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

I read Jasher and even though the history of the one in english is kinda if-y. I still think it has some very sound biblical teachings in it. I read Enoch and studied it, it has sound teaching in it also. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

SinnerSaved,

I so agree,God is moving in people lives in a Mighty way,,

Blessings,With Gods grace,,7Dove77

• Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

6 minutes ago, SINNERSAVED said:

the book Jasher is , easy to get, and many people are ordering it, so its out, like hot cakes, also the book of Enoch from the Ethiopic is another hot item,

in fact i went to barns and noble, and asked the lady if they had the book of  enoch, and she said the gentleman two minutes in front of me asked her to order it for him  and so i got mine, but its interesting to see others looking and searching to complete the scriptures and to be sure they have all of Gods word , i think God is really moving in peoples lives and searching for truth and God is evident,

blessings and thank you for your advise,

With reference to the Book of Enoch there are also two other questions you should ask yourself:

1/ If God has protected the Bible and ensured that it is authentic then why has Enoch been left out?

There are only two reasonable answers. The first is that Enoch is fake and a lie and the Lord has protected us from it. The second is that it was not appropriate to become part of the canon at the time, and only now is it becoming prominent because it applies to the World today.

BE WARNED: Enoch is either an elaborate lie or a great book of wisdom. Pray to the Holy Spirit and decide for yourself.

2/ Even if Enoch is a lie, will it's teachings lead you away from salvation?

My answer to that is 'No'. It does not preach anything that goes against the gospel, nor does it teach anything that conflicts scripture. In fact, it appears to verify scripture, it just tells us more than we would expect to know. Even if it's just a hoax, I can't see anything in it that would harm your salvation. It even tells us something about science, how the Sun and Moon work and how the stars move across the sky. It's actually something of a technical book in that sense. Enoch also tells us more about the mysteries of the angels and gives us some of their names, names that the OT does not tell us. It gives us more detail about who they are and what they did.

If Enoch is true then it's a bit like the OT for nerds, people who are interested in more information and more details than they would normally be told.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

12 minutes ago, OakWood said:

With reference to the Book of Enoch there are also two other questions you should ask yourself:

1/ If God has protected the Bible and ensured that it is authentic then why has Enoch been left out?

There are only two reasonable answers. The first is that Enoch is fake and a lie and the Lord has protected us from it. The second is that it was not appropriate to become part of the canon at the time, and only now is it becoming prominent because it applies to the World today.

BE WARNED: Enoch is either an elaborate lie or a great book of wisdom. Pray to the Holy Spirit and decide for yourself.

2/ Even if Enoch is a lie, will it's teachings lead you away from salvation?

My answer to that is 'No'. It does not preach anything that goes against the gospel, nor does it teach anything that conflicts scripture. In fact, it appears to verify scripture, it just tells us more than we would expect to know. Even if it's just a hoax, I can't see anything in it that would harm your salvation. It even tells us something about science, how the Sun and Moon work and how the stars move across the sky. It's actually something of a technical book in that sense. Enoch also tells us more about the mysteries of the angels and gives us some of their names, names that the OT does not tell us. It gives us more detail about who they are and what they did.

If Enoch is true then it's a bit like the OT for nerds, people who are interested in more information and more details than they would normally be told.

I totally agree with you , and I have to say I read Enoch, and its exciting, and eye opening, and I believe the real reason it was not placed in, was because it revealed , I believe way to much, and I believe this has , a really deep , break down and more  info then most can handle, , the jasher I have but have not had a chance to read it yet,

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

On 4/3/2016 at 10:08 PM, SINNERSAVED said:

for information,  you need to widen your horizons  my sister., knowledge is the key , ?

No argument with that.  I never pontificate unless I have read up on a subject. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

The book of Enoch, is nothing short of heresy, and perhaps if the Book of Jasher that is mentioned in the Bible exited, it might be worth reading, not as canonical like omega said, but as interesting reading material. But, as far as I can tell there 5 different seperate books of Jasher, and no conclusive evidence that any of them were the original. In any case, im sure most if not all are heretical in nature, and even if not, theyre not canon. Might make interesting reading as long as one took that in mind, ive read a few of the apocraphyl books, they do make interesting reading, but I would hesitate to take anything in it for truth.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I clicked on this topic because of the word JASHER. I have seen it in a few places at least five or more times recently and it stands out strongly to me. Interesting. So where do I get the Book of Jasher? Where is the best place to read the most reliable book of Enoch? I am assuming that Jasher is in the book of Enoch yes?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

There can be only one foundation in anything built... Mine shall be God's Word alone-everything else shall be put to that measure!