IGNORED

the book of Jasher, should it be part of study ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,223
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

I think those of you who are considering these outside of the bible holy books as add-ons to the Holy Bible have placed yourself into sin and need to repent .

You have added -on to what is written in Gods word and that is idolatry and blasphemy and the bible does say, those who do partake in that are making themselves filthy and you are loosing your place in good promised blessing.

I always saw  a particular person here on this site as someone still mixed up with occult beliefs and who could rely mislead, but now I see others who also are partaking in such devilish beliefs.

This saddens me greatly . All you involved in this heresy need to repent. Don't you know reading this can invite evil spirit and destruction in into your life?

The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.

Nothing May Be Added

Revelation 22:19

18 I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book. 20 He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming quickly." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.…

The bible is quite clear to say to those who preach, to be carewful, because you will be held accountable

James 3:1 Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we will incur a stricter judgment

James 1:14

14 but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed

Warnings against False Teachers

1 Timothy 4:1  But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons,

2 by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron.

3 who forbid marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth

For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving,

for it is made holy by the word of God and prayer.

6 If you put these things before the brothers,1 you will be a good servant of Christ Jesus,

being trained in the words of the faith and of the good doctrine that you have followed.

Have nothing to do with irreverent, silly myths. Rather train yourself for godliness; *****

for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.

The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance.

10 For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe.

11 Command and teach these things. 12 Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers tan example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.

13 Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to exhortation, to teaching.

14 Do not neglect the gift you have, which was given you by prophecy when the council of elders wlaid their hands on you.

15 Practice these things, immerse yourself in them, so that all may see your progress.

16Keep a close watch on yourself and on the teaching.

Persist in this, for by so doing you will save both yourself and your hearers.

=========

By seeking elsewhere from the bible for Gods knowledge we make ourselves unclean

Haggai 2:13

12If a man carries holy meat in the fold of his garment, and touches bread with this fold, or cooked food, wine, oil, or any other food, will it become holy?'" And the priests answered, "No." 13Then Haggai said, "If one who is unclean from a corpse touches any of these, will the latter become unclean?" And the priests answered, "It will become unclean." 14Then Haggai said, "'So is this people. And so is this nation before Me,' declares the LORD, 'and so is every work of their hands; and what they offer there is unclean.…

========

Matthew 24:4 Christ Jesus said:

Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you.

For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many.

You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.

Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places.

All these are the beginning of birth pains.

========

John 15:5 Christ Jesus said.

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

========

John 14:26 Christ Jesus said:

26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

========

The Purpose of the Law

Galatians 3:16

15Brethren, I speak in terms of human relations: even though it is only a man's covenant, yet when it has been ratified, no one sets it aside or adds conditions to it. 16Now the promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. He does not say, "And to seeds," as referring to many, but rather to one, "And to your seed," that is, Christ. 17What I am saying is this: the Law, which came four hundred and thirty years later, does not invalidate a covenant previously ratified by God, so as to nullify the promise.

=========

Acts 15:20

20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols,

and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

22 Then pleased it the apostles and elders with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas and Silas, chief men among the brethren:

23 And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia.

24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

25 It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,

26 Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

27 We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth.

28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

I think those of you who are considering these outside of the bible holy books as add-ons to the Holy Bible have placed yourself into sin and need to repent .

You have added -on to what is written in Gods word and that is idolatry and blasphemy and the bible does say, those who do partake in that are making themselves filthy and you are loosing your place in good promised blessing.

I always saw  a particular person here on this site as someone still mixed up with occult beliefs and who could rely mislead, but now I see others who also are partaking in such devilish beliefs.

This saddens me greatly . All you involved in this heresy need to repent. Don't you know reading this can invite evil spirit and destruction in into your life?

The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.

Nothing May Be Added

18 I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book. 20 He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming quickly." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.…

The bible is quite clear to say to those who preach, to be carewful, because you will be held accountable

James 3:1 Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we will incur a stricter judgment

James 1:14

14 but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed

Warnings against False Teachers

1 Timothy 4:1  But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons,

2 by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron.

3 who forbid marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth

For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving,

for it is made holy by the word of God and prayer.

6 If you put these things before the brothers,1 you will be a good servant of Christ Jesus,

being trained in the words of the faith and of the good doctrine that you have followed.

Have nothing to do with irreverent, silly myths. Rather train yourself for godliness; *****

for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come.

The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance.

10 For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe.

11 Command and teach these things. 12 Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers tan example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.

13 Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to exhortation, to teaching.

14 Do not neglect the gift you have, which was given you by prophecy when the council of elders wlaid their hands on you.

15 Practice these things, immerse yourself in them, so that all may see your progress.

16Keep a close watch on yourself and on the teaching.

Persist in this, for by so doing you will save both yourself and your hearers.

=========

By seeking elsewhere from the bible for Gods knowledge we make ourselves unclean

Haggai 2:13

12If a man carries holy meat in the fold of his garment, and touches bread with this fold, or cooked food, wine, oil, or any other food, will it become holy?'" And the priests answered, "No." 13Then Haggai said, "If one who is unclean from a corpse touches any of these, will the latter become unclean?" And the priests answered, "It will become unclean." 14Then Haggai said, "'So is this people. And so is this nation before Me,' declares the LORD, 'and so is every work of their hands; and what they offer there is unclean.…

========

Matthew 24:4 Christ Jesus said:

Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you.

For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many.

You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.

Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places.

All these are the beginning of birth pains.

========

John 15:5 Christ Jesus said.

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

========

John 14:26 Christ Jesus said:

26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

========

The Purpose of the Law

Galatians 3:16

15Brethren, I speak in terms of human relations: even though it is only a man's covenant, yet when it has been ratified, no one sets it aside or adds conditions to it. 16Now the promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. He does not say, "And to seeds," as referring to many, but rather to one, "And to your seed," that is, Christ. 17What I am saying is this: the Law, which came four hundred and thirty years later, does not invalidate a covenant previously ratified by God, so as to nullify the promise.

=========

Acts 15:20

and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

22 Then pleased it the apostles and elders with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas and Silas, chief men among the brethren:

23 And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia.

24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

25 It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,

26 Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

27 We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth.

28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

are you replying to me of having to repent, for the books I brought up ? just asking

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Nothing May Be Added

I agree, 1to3.  These extrabiblical books are NOT Scripture and should never be considered as such. l I think it's okay to read them as historical essays but, you're right.  Accepting them as equal to the Bible is a bad road to go down.  I think that, if new Christians are presented with these unscriptural writings, they might go down that road because they don't know the truth yet.

well apparently we are not staying with the topic for it was all explained prior to this and there is no reason, to make up things that are dishonest , if we refuse to look at the start of this thread with  the cautions, and what I did say for this is to try to make it personal , and that's not nice, ? we should be responsible with the word of God, instead of jumping to conclusions, and not even understanding what the books and others have already said about the books, you might want to read what others that want to learn and understand truth is saying , have a nice day ,

the books that are brought up in this topic, has much value, as needed , and great reads, but has nothing to do with , evil and repenting, for, this is about judging, here , and that's not okay ,and that would need to be repented of, ? why cant we even have one topic with out it becoming a mess everytime, people want to disagree, is this how Jesus would want us to settle this,?

no we need to be open minded , and not be judging and having others follow the same, this is  not what we call, correct ?

thank you

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

so that to be absent of the body is to be present with the lord,  is  a solid scripture, BUT, we cannot say if it be immediately or when the gathering comes with the four angels, at the four corners of the heavens,

we have a look about the rich man and lazuras, but we cannot say it is immediately or after we have been gathered,  but it shows where we do end up depending if we are saved or not saved.

so this is a really a stale mate question, I believe,  and that's my opinion, and what I believe the bible tells us .

blessings to you

Actually the Bible doesn't tell us that.  Here is the actual Scripture:

If we aren’t careful, we might end up twisting Paul’s writings to our own destruction.

Instead, we must be critical about the text and examine it to see what it truly says. We see that the text in 2 Corinthians 5:8 does not say that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. One does not equal the other. Here is the entire passage in question so that we can understand the full context; from Truthaboutdeath.com:

“For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed with our habitation which is from heaven, if indeed, having been clothed, we shall not be found naked. For we who are in this tent groan, being burdened, not because we want to be unclothed, but further clothed, that mortality may be swallowed up by life. Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee. So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord. For we walk by faith, not by sight. We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord” (2 Corinthians 5:1–8).

Paul likens our existing mortal bodies with an “earthly tent,” and says we should not worry if it is destroyed because we have a “building from God” that awaits us. The context does not support the claim that we will be in God’s presence without a body; rather, Paul simply says we will not have THIS body. He likens our bodies to clothing that we must wear. In verse 4, Paul specifically says he does not want to be unclothed (without a body), but rather further clothed (different body). That’s quite a different picture than a disembodied spirit that lives on after death!

I would call this legalism.  This has to be one of the most nit picky responses to another believer I have seen yet on this forum.  Yes, it is an accurate opinion of the verse, but it is entirely unnecessary.  I truly don't even enjoy pointing this out, but I just don't agree with this favoritism shown for certain people around here.  It is clearly obvious that is something of a click.  That there is a general consensus that floats around from thread to thread targeting people on a regular basis.  I truly begin to wonder what kind of gossip goes on behind the scenes about the people who are on here who don't "fit" in with this denomination here on the forum.  We are supposed to be Christian.  

Anyways, he is directly quoting the verse almost verbatim and refers to it as a "solid" scripture.  I think you are the one who is twisting Paul's writings to be used as ammunition because he specifically says that it is not clear when this will take place or whether we will be present with the Lord when the four angels are gathering from the four corners, which isn't likely because the book of Revelation says the 144,000 are gathered at this point (Revelation 7).  He says that the story of Lazarus and the rich man might give us an idea of what the other side of this life in the flesh will looks like when we are gathered depending on whether or not we are saved and this is in answer to a response wondering whether the Bible says that we will be with the Lord if we are saved when we die or whether we will sleep until we are raised at the end for unbelief.  SS is responding that scripture does not say when we will be gathered even if scripture confirms that being absent from the body means to be present with the Lord.  Yes, Paul does elaborate further about clothed with a different body, but this is not necessary information to address the question regarding whether believers are with Him when they die versus sleeping in unbelief.  

This was a question because the book of Enoch says he had a vision of Abel being in the presence of the Lord.  

Therefore, SS is not questioning anything because he is not suggesting that the vision that is demonstrated in the book of Enoch changes what the scripture has to say about life after death.  His confirmation in regard to the portion of text in question is that scripture does not demonstrate for certain whether we will be with the Lord immediately upon passing from this life.  

So, if you are not careful, you might just end up trying to nitpick people you clearly don't care for and end up looking silly because you make a terrible argument attempting to make his understanding of the scripture looks poor in comparison to your own.  So, what then?  What is the goal of this?  So, everyone will see what he has to say the same way you do the next time he submits a reply.  They will all make a counter reply sounding like they are dizzy and exasperated that people are starting these topics on what used to be a much more "Christian" forum before these new people came asking questions about all these silly things.  Because maybe it would be better if all of us just left everyone else here alone on the board to continue fighting for last place.  Would that make you feel better?

" “Do not judge, or you too will be judged.  For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you," (Matthew 7:1-2).  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

I think you're projecting what someone elses mindset is and it is you who needs to repent for attacking another based upon a false premise.

This is not a place to question someone's belief system.

I read the long post you quoted as an encouragement to trust in God's Word, and a warning not to stand on anything outside of God's word.  This was not an attack on another, but a loving reminder and someone pointing to Christ, do not open yourself up to be deceived by an evil spirit.  Do you take offense to someone pointing to Christ alone?  What do you mean this is not a place to question someone's belief system?  If you believe on something other than God's Word and post it, I would expect someone here at Worthy to make every available opportunity to point you to Christ.  That is love, I love you enough to want you to know the truth.  The truth is in God's Word, not these other books that have been tested and rejected.  

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

Nothing May Be Added

1to3

Thank you for your concern.  The holy scriptures are our main source and I agree anything outside of the bible should be taken with great caution.  However, Enoch was mentioned in the bible and even quoted to say this;

Jude 1:14   And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

But when I searched for this verse in the bible it was not there?,  so according to the scriptures, there is a godly inspired book out there somewhere where Enoch wrote this, and this is what I have been testing to see if the book of Enoch firstly contains the above verse, and with the rest of what he says whether it harmonises or contradicts the holy bible.  This is why I ask people to bring up what they see as contradictions and we can take a closer look to see if it really is a contradiction, or a misunderstanding on our behalf.

So far what I have read from the book of Enoch only reinforces what I already got out of the holy scriptures in the first place and not the other way round.  The holy scriptures is the source I rely on for truth, and everything is covered in there.  The holy bible is our home base and everything is compared to it, not the other way round.

As for anyone "adding" anything to the scriptures, John who wrote revelations was the LAST PROPHET.  After John there are no more prophets, and not anything anyone can add to the scriptures.  Enoch was a prophet from old, he was not "added", but was already chosen by God long ago.  He's not someone new but a prophet of God confirmed in the scriptures.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,223
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

I read the long post you quoted as an encouragement to trust in God's Word, and a warning not to stand on anything outside of God's word.  This was not an attack on another, but a loving reminder and someone pointing to Christ, do not open yourself up to be deceived by an evil spirit.  Do you take offense to someone pointing to Christ alone?  What do you mean this is not a place to question someone's belief system?  If you believe on something other than God's Word and post it, I would expect someone here at Worthy to make every available opportunity to point you to Christ.  That is love, I love you enough to want you to know the truth.  The truth is in God's Word, not these other books that have been tested and rejected.  

Thank you kindly hmbld  you understood my concern.

If I see someone falling into sin. I will speak as every christian is called to do so. 

Luke 17:1-4King James Version (KJV)

17 Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come!

It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.

And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

The Book of Enoch is it Scripture?

Is this the Holy-Spirit inspired word of God? This is where we can pretty confidently say "no". If it were Scripture, we would expect it to be free of false doctrine. What we find instead is that false doctrine is one of the most prevalent themes in the book!

Taking a cursory look at the text up through Chapter 59, I found the following false doctrines. (I may be off on one here or there, but it should be sufficient to get my point across.)

• 1:1 Implies restoration during tribulation - not congruent with scriptures.

• 1:8 In conflict with the doctrine that peace was made at the cross. Also, in the last days tribulation will increase for the righteous - this "verse" seems to dispute that.

• 2:2-3 Appears to contradict 2 Pet 3:3-7

• 5:4 Is an admonition to some unknown party - this is very irregular relative to the scriptures (i.e. authentic ancient writings by God-fearing Jews)

• 6:3 Semjaza seems to be listed as the leader of the angels, which is not scriptural

• 6:3,8 None of these angels are mentioned in the Bible

• 8:1 Azazel isn't even listed in 6:8 as one of the angels that fornicated with women

• 8:3 Araqiel and Shamsiel aren't listed in 6:8 either

• 10:2 Enoch allegedly wrote about Noah, even though the Bible teaches that Enoch was taken up to heaven years before Noah was born.

• 10:4-6,12 Implies angels can be bound & hid in holes under rocks. This is contrary to scripture.

• 10:8 Ascribes all the sin of the fallen angels to one named Azazel - not scriptural.

• 10:15-11:2 Seems to imply that permanent restoration took place after the flood - clearly not true. It seems the true author of this book confused scriptures pertaining to the future restoration.

• 13:5-6,14:4-5,7 Implies fallen angels can't talk to God - this contradicts Job. Also implies that angels were repentant, but weren't received back by God - very strange doctrine.

• 14 Gives a very strange description of Heaven that conflicts with many scriptures

• 15:8-10 Very strange doctrine about "evil spirits" proceeding from unredeemable giants

• 17-18,21,23 Gives a very strange description of the earth & universe which is clearly not true. Also alludes to the ancient model of astronomy that held that there were 7 stars (the closest planets) which burned like the sun (they don't.)

• 19:3 Discredits all other prophecy about the consumation of the ages.

• 20 Lists strange angels not in scripture, and incorrectly assigns the roles of Michael (the warrior) and Gabriel (the messenger)

• 21:7-10 Seems to contradict Biblical descriptions of the present & final judgement places for the fallen angels

• 22 Contradicts the Biblical descriptions of past, present & future dwelling places for the righteous who die

• 32:2-6 Seems to imply the Garden of Eden was still in existance after the Flood

• 33:1-2 Says Heaven rests on a foundation that is at the Eastern edge of the earth

• 33:3 He claims he counted the stars & individually mapped them, which is impossible scripturally (& scientifically)

• 34 Says the winds come out of a "portal" at the Northern edge of the earth

• 36:3 Says the stars come out of portals at the Eastern edge of the earth & move West

• 38:5-6 Contradicts Daniel & other prophecies about the Mellinial Reign

• 39:1-2 Very strange implications here about the "seed" of angels dwelling with men at the end... this contradicts the scriptures

• 40:7 Talks about the "Satans" - plural, different than the Bible, who gives that name to only one fallen angel. Also, implies Satan can't stand in God's presence, contrary to Job.

• 40:9 Once again mixes up the roles of the 2 Archangels & adds more names in. Michael's role in scripture is related to conquoring nations & fighting spiritual wars, while Gabriel's relates to bringing messages & visions to people.

• 41:1-2 Says the Kingdom of God is divided - it's not & can't be scripturally. Also describes sinners being repelled from a mansion, which is also not scriptural, unless you look at a parable Jesus told, which was not intended to be literal.

• 41:4-5 Says the sun, moon, winds, etc. are stored in chambers & released at appointed times.

• 41:6-7 Implies the sun & moon move opposite of each other

• 43:1-3,44 Very weird model of the nature of stars & lightning

• 47:4 Says God requires the blood of the saints... very strange

• 51:1 Says Sheol & Hell will give back to the earth, which isn't scriptural - also Hell is a NT term, not OT

• 51:2 Disputes the Biblical doctrine that we are chosen. (We don't have to wait until Christ's return to be chosen.) This isn't scriptural.

• General: Seems to imply Enoch came back down to earth after being taken up to Heaven, which is not scriptural.

Summary 1 Timothy 1:3,4

I think Paul's words are very pertinent here:

As I urged you upon my departure for Macedonia, remain on at Ephesus so that you may instruct certain men not to teach strange doctrines, nor to pay attention to myths and endless genealogies, which give rise to mere speculation rather than furthering the administration of God which is by faith. But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. For some men, straying from these things, have turned aside to fruitless discussion, wanting to be teachers of the Law, even though they do not understand either what they are saying or the matters about which they make confident assertions. 

----------

Peace in our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus

1 to 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

The mood of the thread had already passed the point of encouragement. SS was being slammed because he wasn't listening to their "more enlightened" ways. Why? Because he wasn't doing what they accused him of doing, so there was no reason for him to take their "encouragement".

They had it already set in their minds that SS was well on his way down the track to the "dark side". When he wasn't. SS wasn't using the extra Biblical sources as Scripture. He was using them along with Scripture, much as we do Commentaries, Biblical Dictionaries, Thesaurus, and Encyclopedias. That's it.

These guys need drama to survive. They need to create drama to thrive. Who knows if they get any attention at home, because they sure do get the attention here. And if they don't? They will create a situation where they will be in the center of it.

The reference to questioning someone's belief system? That was a boomerang against one of the participants in the feeding frenzy. It was meant to her since what she said to me was the very thing she was doing. I was told, by her, that the rules state that we are not to question one's salvation, but here she was doing the very thing. So, I had no problem pointing it out that the thing she was condemning in others was the very thing she, herself, was doing.

I, personally, have many extra Biblical books that I use, along with Scripture. They are used to enhance Biblical understanding, not replace it.

These guys were just following the lead of one who had no grounds to question another, but needed to make a mountain out of a molehill for the sole purpose of keeping herself relevant.

Sticking to scripture isn't meant to come across as being "more enlightened".   Its an important point.  Sticking to scripture isn't creating drama.  Its Important to watch what influences us.