IGNORED

YOUR Church has put a DRESS CODE in place!

kwikphilly

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,822
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

5 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Jayne....

I think somehow Butero's words are being greatly misunderstood,,,,,,,,,

Well, maybe he can clear that up for us.  I took  him to mean that blue jeans on women in church are offensive to God merely because of the material and two leg holes.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Peeps,,,,,

We have mentioned quite a few times in this "imaginary" scenario ..........everyone who was "in need" o r "lacking" would be assisted ,,,,,besides,no one would ever be asked t o leave or not welcomed,,,,,,,

Jayne,,,,,perhaps he can,just thought it would be helpful as we often try our best to do for one another here at Worthy       lOve,Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

I too "dress up" when I attend church. I really do not care what people choose to wear to come to church as long as it is modest. I just praise God they made it to church in a time when there are so many other things out there. As for me I would stay with the church. I am sure a lot of younger and older and disabled people would find find more comfortable places to worship.

On 4/18/2016 at 8:30 AM, kwikphilly said:

Blessings,,,,

Something just occurred to me as I was talking about this with my hubby,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lets say the reverse is the question,,,,,, the Pastor has announced that everyone is now required to wear clean tops & neat jeans(BTW,I HATE jeans,,,,,would not want to be caught dead in them),,,,,,YES,I would wear whatever the Pastor said we had to wear,,,,period                                      With love-in Christ,Kwik

If it was in reverse, as you described, I would leave that church and find another or go nowhere.

Blessings Brother,,,,,,BTW,I should correct myself,,,,,when I said "jeans" I was thinking "denim" and I did not mean that I would wear pants,no matter what the Pastor asked,,,,,,,I used that example because we had a "jeans day" church gathering(not church Sunday service though) & I bought a "denim" skirt,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,No,Brother,I would not wear :"pants",I think it is not appropriate because I too,like you,,,,,,,,do not want to dress as a man,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I guess I am rigid as well ,if that is the popular opinion

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Also,if I may add,,,,,,,do not frown upon women that do wear pants to church,,,,,,,,if in their heart they are in church to worship God & they do not hold to the same standards as I do then it is between them & our Father,not me     I do not want to make someone stumble because of what I am called to do,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it is for me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I think?

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,822
  • Content Per Day:  1.29

1 hour ago, Butero said:

The Bible simply states in Deuteronomy 22:5 that the woman is not to wear that which pertaineth to a man.  Pants pertain to a man.  Just look at the universal symbol on any bathroom and you can see that.  What I am doing is making an application of scripture to the way things are today.  So yes, I will use television programs to show how things have changed.  I will use whatever is necessary.  Lets look at this on the other side of the coin.  Lets say that I am criticizing a man wearing a dress to church instead of a woman wearing pants.  All I can do is show the scripture and then point out how a dress is a woman's garment.  I can't point to a scripture that says it is sinful for a man to wear a dress, but I can show where he is not to wear a woman's garment, not only from Deuteronomy 22:5, but also from 1 Corinthians 6:9, because soft or feminine clothing is in the definition of the Greek word translated to effeminate. 

I'm not trying to convince women to wear pants and I don't condemn dresses.  And if your preference is for women to never wear pants - that's your business and I respect that.

I just have to wonder - do you strictly adhere to the totality of Deuteronomy 22 as you do verse 5?  You know, not planting different crops in the same field - you HAVE to stop by the side of the road and help your neighbor in trouble, don't destroy a baby birds with the mother, you HAVE to build a railing around your roof so that people won't fall off of it, kill newly married women who weren't virgins on their wedding night, kill adulterers......

....and men are to put tassels on the four corners of the bottom of their robes. 

My thoughts are that when Deuteronomy 22:5 was divinely inspired by God, no one in the world had even HEARD of pants - let alone designated them as a male-only garment.  Everyone wore a flowing robe.  Because of this, I - along with many others - interpret this to mean that women and men should not dress with the purpose of blurring gender lines.  Some men DO dress purposefully to look like a woman and vice versa with the purpose to either live as the other gender or to deceive sexually.  There's the abomination.

But pants are a common garment.  And there are women's pants and suits and men's pants and suits.  I have and many women have pants suits that if a man wore it he would look ridiculous.  And vice verse - if I wore the same suit/tie that my choir director wears, I would look ridiculous.

One-holed garments are also in some cultures a common garment.  No one would say that a Scottish man wearing a kilt is sinning or a man in an island nation wearing a long garment wrapped around the waist and flowing to his bare feet.  No one mistakes those men for women even though their garments have on one opening.

Anyway - each must be convinced in his own mind and I just wanted to reply to your Deuteronomy 22:5 statement.

Have a blessed day.

Blessings Brother

No,you are not the only one & I am not ever worried about saying the truth about myself,good or bad,right or wrong,,,,,,,,,,,,,,This particular issue was something God had FOR ME and this is where I am today,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Brother,I was bound by pride,vanity and doing things "my way" once upon a timods correction was Kind,Loving & ever so Gentle but He does not budge,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I was extremely resistant until I gleefully embraced His Correction,I am not sure if it is for everyone but I know it is FOR ME,,,,,,,,,,,,,,& obviously,for you as well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Praise the Lord!                                    Love-your Sis,Kwik

BTW,very interesting about the CWFA,it does sound like a double standard to me,,,,,,,

Blessings Butero,,,,

Ahhh,there it is,,,,,the standards of Holiness,I could not for the life of me think of what you call the "Laws" that are not actually Laws but the "order of things" as God set them in place that we could be set apart from the world,moral code per say,,,,,,,,,His Family should do their very best to be pleasing to Him,in His Eyes & I truly do not believe that it is solely spiritual,I kunderstand that God knows our hearts but I also believe that we don't-lol

New American Standard Bible 
For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so the thoughts of God no one knows except the Spirit of God.       1Cor 2:11

I cannot speak for anyone but myself & throughout life I have come to know that my own heart has proven to me to be unreliable ,,,,,God knows my heart better than I do and through the Holy Spirit Reveals what I may deny,,,,,,,I pray that God change my hearts desires to be like His,the Heart & Mind of Christ

Though it may be a very small thing & certainly I do not believe a Salvational issue ,,,I think outward appearance is significant & as we learn ,grow & mature we are eager to be responsible & accountable for even the little tiny things,,,,,,,,,,Personally,I never feel I can show my gratitude or my appreciation enough for what Jesus has done for me Or even for the privilege & honor to have been created,in His Image,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,        I just desire to be the best I can be for my Father,& that's just me        Love,Kwik

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Ahhh,there it is,,,,,the standards of Holiness,I could not for the life of me think of what you call the "Laws" that are not actually Laws but the "order of things" as God set them in place that we could be set apart from the world,moral code per say

What Christians generally forget is that we are a Royal Priesthood.  At the very least we should see what God expected from His priests in terms of dress and outward appearance (which were to conform to inward purity also).  Scripture calls them "holy garments -- for glory and for beauty" (Exod 28:2).  The principles are there in the Torah, and all these things are given for our learning.

Blessings,,,,

That is correct Ezra & that is exactly the reason that I say I do believe it does matter in Gods Eyes,,,,,,,,He put much emphasis on what the Levitical Priests wore so it must be significant and important,,,,,to Present Yourself to the King of kings

Love,Kwik

Also,,,,,,,again I will mention I do not frown upon anyone who is not convicted of these things,,,,,,,perhaps they are not "yet"?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I don't know but I know as I learn & grow I am more & more responsible for the things I do,purposely,obediently        always learning & growing,thank God

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

Do you ever wonder what was left out when Jesus called the fishermen to follow Him?  Surely He said come, but only after you wash the stink off you and buy some proper clothing.  Once I tell you who I am, you'll be glad you showed me this respect.