Sister

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

Here's another one, can anyone interpret?

The book of Enoch

Chapter 62

1.  And thus the Lord commanded the kings and the mighty and the exalted, and those who dwell on the earth, and said;  Open your eyes and lift up your horns if ye are able to recognize the ELECT ONE.

2.  And the Lord of Spirits SEATED HIM on the THRONE of His GLORY,  And the SPIRIT of RIGHTEOUSNESS was POURED OUT upon HIM.  And the WORD OF HIS MOUTH slays all the sinners,  And all the unrighteous are destroyed from before his face.

3.  And there shall stand up IN THAT DAY all the kings and the mighty,  And the exalted and THOSE who HOLD the EARTH,  And they shall SEE and RECOGNIZE How HE sits ON THE THRONE OF HIS GLORY,  And righteousness is JUDGED before HIM, And no lying word is spoken before him.

4.  Then shall pain come upon THEM as on a WOMAN IN TRAVAIL, [and she has pain in bringing forth]  When her child enters the mouth of the womb,  And she has pain in bringing forth.

5.  And one portion of them shall look on the other,  And they shall be terrified,  And they shall be downcast of countenance,  And pain shall seize them,  When they SEE that SON OF MAN sitting on THE THRONE OF HIS GLORY.

6.  And the kings and the mighty and all who possess the earth shall BLESS and GLORIFY and EXTOL HIM who RULES OVER ALL, who was HIDDEN.

7.  For from the BEGINNING the SON of MAN was HIDDEN,  And the Most High PRESEVERED him in the PRESENCE of HIS MIGHT,  And REVEALED him to the ELECT.

8.  And the CONGREGATION of the ELECT and HOLY shall be sown,  And all the ELECT shall STAND BEFORE HIM on THAT DAY.

9.  And all the kings and the might and the exalted and those who rule the earth  Shall FALL DOWN BEFORE HIM on their faces,  And WORSHIP and set their hope upon that SON OF MAN.  And petition him and supplicate for MERCY at HIS HANDS.

10.  Nevertheless that Lord of Spirits will so press them That they shall hastily go forth from his presence, and their faces shall be filled with shame, And the darkness grow deeper on their faces.

11.  And he will deliver them to the ANGELS for PUNISHMENT, To execute vengeance on them because they have oppressed HIS CHILDREN and HIS ELECT.

12.  And they shall be a spectacle for the righteous and for HIS ELECT.  They shall rejoice over them,  Because the wrath of the Lord of Spirits resteth upon them, And his sword is DRUNK with THEIR BLOOD.

13.  And the RIGHTEOUS and ELECT shall be SAVED on THAT DAY.,  And they shall never thenceforward see the face of the sinners and unrighteous.

14.  And the Lord of Spirits will abide over them,  And with that SON OF MAN shall they eat and lie down and rise up for ever and ever.

15.  And the RIGHTEOUS and ELECT shall have RISEN from the EARTH,  And ceased to be of downcast countenance.  And they shall have been clothed with GARMENTS of GLORY.

16.  And these shall be the GARMENTS of life from the Lord of Spirits.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

12 hours ago, Sister said:

I am sure that those with knowledge can interpret this to the exact T.

Really?  Where do 'those with knowledge' get that knowledge?  I'm assuming you're including yourself in their number?

1 minute ago, MorningGlory said:

Really?  Where do 'those with knowledge' get that knowledge?  I'm assuming you're including yourself in their number?

They get that knowledge from the holy bible.  If you know the scriptures and have sought the Lord with all your heart, you should know the order of events and what it is speaking about, or at least understand parts of it. To have knowledge from the holy scriptures is nothing to be proud about, because it is given from above to those of us who thirst, and on the other hand knowledge is nothing to be ashamed of because it is our weapon to discern the truth from a lie.  So I did not "interpret" those scriptures on purpose, because I want you to see it first without my influence.  I am still waiting for at least one person to have a go.  It doesn't matter if they get it wrong, at least they can have a try and test it first without condemning based on someone else's assumption.

2 minutes ago, Sister said:

They get that knowledge from the holy bible.  If you know the scriptures and have sought the Lord with all your heart, you should know the order of events and what it is speaking about, or at least understand parts of it. To have knowledge from the holy scriptures is nothing to be proud about, because it is given from above to those of us who thirst, and on the other hand knowledge is nothing to be ashamed of because it is our weapon to discern the truth from a lie.  So I did not "interpret" those scriptures on purpose, because I want you to see it first without my influence.  I am still waiting for at least one person to have a go.  It doesn't matter if they get it wrong, at least they can have a try and test it first without condemning based on someone else's assumption.

Of course I've read the Bible, thank you.  My question is what is the purpose of 'interpreting' the Book of Enoch when we already have the Bible? You can't add or take away when it comes to Scripture so what are you trying to get across here? Are you trying to PROVE the Bible?  I don't condemn nonscriptural books on assumption; I condemn them because they are NOT Scripture. 

There is a religion out there, I cannot remember what it is called, but they base their belief on angels from different planets and galaxy's that we have never heard of, and names unknown.  Does any one know what New Age religion I am speaking of? 

The book of Enoch is in no way affiliated to this religion.

6 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Of course I've read the Bible, thank you.  My question is what is the purpose of 'interpreting' the Book of Enoch when we already have the Bible? You can't add or take away when it comes to Scripture so what are you trying to get across here? Are you trying to PROVE the Bible?  I don't condemn nonscriptural books on assumption; I condemn them because they are NOT Scripture. 

I admit there are some parts in the Book of Enoch that are strange to our ears, but also some parts that are in exact harmony to the holy bible.  There is a busy spirit world out there and Satan and his angels are responsible for corrupting man, and how they initially influenced us.  I don't find this contradictory to the bible just because I am reading something I never read before.  What I find disturbing is that so many people are condemning the book of Enoch and those who read it.  Enoch prophesied in the OLD WORLD, that's what we have to consider.  It was for them, Enoch's son, and Grandson, leading to Noah.  Enoch received visions from God before the angels started mingling with man.  Just like we are warned today what's to come, Enoch was warned also.  Enoch's generations were saved because they were given this knowledge what was really going on and did not fall into that trap of being deceived. Those were very wicked days.  All this knowledge was passed on to Noah.  If Enoch did not pass this knowledge on, Noah wouldn't of known why God was going to flood the earth and why he had to save his family and the animal species.  People think that God was silent in the old world, well he wasn't, and this book was not for the damned, but for his chosen because out of Enoch came Noah, Shem, from Shem the Israelites, and later Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, and Jesus.  This exact lineage.

Keep in mind that Enoch was shown visions of the future, major events, but not with the same detail as given to us in the holy scriptures.  The events are the same nevertheless, and he was shown the Son of God.  I think that's amazing don't you?  He is describing Jesus.

So the Bible proves itself, and proves Enoch was indeed a prophet of God who played a big part in his day before the flood, knowing things that no man could know back then.

Why is the book of Enoch not included in the bible?  Do you realise how big it is?  God did not include it for a purpose, not because it's false, but because he's given us all the solid food from the scriptures and you have to be weaned from the milk, and understand all prophesies before you can be led to the book of Enoch and judge it with that knowledge already given, to weigh it out and compare.

I never quote Enoch when speaking about bible topics, but this is an ENOCH THREAD, and I am going to speak about it here to show you some good prophecies.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, Sister said:

There is a religion out there, I cannot remember what it is called, but they base their belief on angels from different planets and galaxy's that we have never heard of, and names unknown.  Does any one know what New Age religion I am speaking of? 

The book of Enoch is in no way affiliated to this religion.

you may be thinking of the Raëlians.  I'm not sure I would put it in the same category as New Age...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/18/2016 at 0:30 PM, Jayne said:

Research the Books of Enoch for yourself.  Every scholar dates them somewhere before the birth of Christ.

Here are more contradictions from 1 Enoch.  Don’t take my word for it.  Read it again for yourself.  You said you have and found no contradictions.  Does it really matter is anyone in the early days of the church believed it …. If the book is wrong?!?

• 1 Enoch 2:3 says that there were seasons and that it rained.  The Bible says it did NOT rain until the Flood and that seasons did not appear afterwards.  If the Enoch born just a few hundred years after creation wrote this – what he saw was NO rain.  Why then did he say it did rain?   Either he was lying or the Bible is lying.

Genesis 1:14 says the lights are to marks seasons, days and years.  I am not sure where you have found after this that there weren't seasons until after Noah.  The Bible also says that it did not rain before the flood.  It says that what God planted could not grow without water, and a mist went over the land (Genesis 2:5-6).  To me, this just demonstrates preserving the integrity of where He wanted things.  Hypothetically, if rain were to cover the land rather than a mist, the whole garden of Eden could have been in a completely different place.  In my opinion, this just proves that science can demonstrate evidence for creation.  However, this doesn't in any way suggest that there wasn't rain until the flood.  

4 hours ago, Sister said:

I admit there are some parts in the Book of Enoch that are strange to our ears, but also some parts that are in exact harmony to the holy bible.  There is a busy spirit world out there and Satan and his angels are responsible for corrupting man, and how they initially influenced us.  I don't find this contradictory to the bible just because I am reading something I never read before.  What I find disturbing is that so many people are condemning the book of Enoch and those who read it.  Enoch prophesied in the OLD WORLD, that's what we have to consider.  It was for them, Enoch's son, and Grandson, leading to Noah.  Enoch received visions from God before the angels started mingling with man.  Just like we are warned today what's to come, Enoch was warned also.  Enoch's generations were saved because they were given this knowledge what was really going on and did not fall into that trap of being deceived. Those were very wicked days.  All this knowledge was passed on to Noah.  If Enoch did not pass this knowledge on, Noah wouldn't of known why God was going to flood the earth and why he had to save his family and the animal species.  People think that God was silent in the old world, well he wasn't, and this book was not for the damned, but for his chosen because out of Enoch came Noah, Shem, from Shem the Israelites, and later Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, and Jesus.  This exact lineage.

Keep in mind that Enoch was shown visions of the future, major events, but not with the same detail as given to us in the holy scriptures.  The events are the same nevertheless, and he was shown the Son of God.  I think that's amazing don't you?  He is describing Jesus.

So the Bible proves itself, and proves Enoch was indeed a prophet of God who played a big part in his day before the flood, knowing things that no man could know back then.

Why is the book of Enoch not included in the bible?  Do you realise how big it is?  God did not include it for a purpose, not because it's false, but because he's given us all the solid food from the scriptures and you have to be weaned from the milk, and understand all prophesies before you can be led to the book of Enoch and judge it with that knowledge already given, to weigh it out and compare.

I never quote Enoch when speaking about bible topics, but this is an ENOCH THREAD, and I am going to speak about it here to show you some good prophecies.

I am not condemning anyone for reading it only questioning the wisdom in doing so.  We can be burned badly by playing with things better left alone.  Noncanonical writings are not good study material for Christians.  If God wanted us to study those He would have made sure they made it into His inerrant Bible, don't you think? Speculating that the Book of Enoch was TOO BIG is getting pretty far out there, Sister.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

In my opinion, there are many points of interest for me in regard to the book of Enoch.  

The first being its absence and presence today somewhat fulfills the prophecy that the book is intended for those in the last generation.  In fact, in the Introduction to Ken Johnson's translation of the book of Enoch, he points out that Enoch 104:11-13 says that there will be a book that many will use to avoid being lost by the deception of many false teachings circulating.  

"and now I know this mystery; that many sinners will alter and distort the words of truth, and speak evil words, and lie, and concoct great fabrications, and write books in their own words.  But when they write my words exactly in their languages, and do not alter or omit anything from my words, but write everything exactly, everything that I testified about before; then I know another mystery: That books will be given to the righteous and wise and will be a source of joy and truth and much wisdom.  And books will be given to them, and they will believe in them and rejoice over them: and all the righteous who have learnt from them all the ways of truth will be glad."  

Basically, he has just prophesied that we would have the Bible.  I am also finding connections to the Bible that are too numerous to count as I read through the book.  

"  Thou seest what Azazel hath done, who hath taught all unrighteousness on earth and revealed the eternal secrets which were (preserved) in heaven, which men were striving to learn," (Enoch 9:6-7).  

" But to the rest of you in Thyatira, who do not hold this teaching, who have not learned what some call the deep things of Satan, to you I say, I do not lay on you any other burden," (Revelation 2:24).  

"  And I saw the corner-stone of the earth: I saw the four winds which bear [the earth and] the firmament of the heaven. And I saw how the winds stretch out the vaults of heaven, and have their station between heaven and earth: these are the pillars" (Enoch 18:2-3).

" After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree." (Revelation 7:1).  

There are many other examples like this that I have found.  However, one of the most interesting things that I have learned overall is how the flood has caused our generation to be innocent in some respects of the sins that were committed before the flood.  When I listen to Enoch talk about the things that were being done, it is interesting to consider how there is no real way to know otherwise because according to scripture, all of this was destroyed with the flood.  We are all innocent of these things that were done beforehand.  This is very profound for me to consider.  Therefore, I find that the book of Enoch does edify my understanding of scripture in this way.  

I also consider this book to be much older than described.  I have read that they consider Enoch to have been transcribed in 200 BC.  However, this does not mean it was written around that time.  Ken Johnson suggests that the literary style indicates this could be taken from an older writing possibly dating 1000 BC.  However, I would suggest even older than that based on many factors.  

The first is that the first literary comparison that comes to mind when I consider the book of Enoch is the Epic of Gilgamesh, which dates back as far as 2000 BC.  Literary style is significant in that someone like John Milton prose writing will identify the time period that it was originally written in without other methods of investigation.  He wrote paragraphs where he would only punctuate with commas, which you would never find in modern writing.  Therefore, demonstrating the time of the composition without other methods being necessary.  

This really came to my attention when I was reading Enoch explain the calendar, which he suggests is divided into 18 parts, like a pie graph; and, that the parts shaded by nigh and day fluctuate based on the time of year, and that all of this is along determined by the course the sun is placed on (Enoch, section 3).  

This description very clearly contrasts with Aristotle's writing On the Heavens that he wrote around 300 BC.  There is just really comparison in the use of language in describing the heavens to suggest that they were written as somewhat contemporary pieces.   

In conclusion, I find the book of Enoch interesting and edifying as well.