• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

I never said what she did or said deserved punishment, I said she told the first LIE. God never mentioned touching the fruit? It was eating the fruit that deserved the punishment and that was and is death. The punishment for sin is death. So we can conclude, telling lies is a sin is it not? :)

We can conclude that telling lies is a sin.  However, I still believe that we can only speculate that her interpretation of the command was a lie and not a method of avoiding the temptation to break the command. :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, Esther4:14 said:

We can conclude that telling lies is a sin.  However, I still believe that we can only speculate that her interpretation of the command was a lie and not a method of avoiding the temptation to break the command. :)

That's ok ! You many conclude that no worries at all.

I conclude that she, as Adam was, an intelligent human being with all her faculties about her and with God's instruction's and requirements firmly set in her mind as Adam had. Its when the serpent said to her;

Gen. 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea,hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

Instead of just saying, "Yes God said Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden,"

She added to God's instruction;

Gen. 3: 3, "But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, NEITHER SHALL YE TOUCH ITLEST YE DIE"

Gen.3:4, And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:  AND SHE BELIEVE THE SERPENT, NOT GOD!  Therein lies the problem.

Did the serpent tell a lie by saying, "Ye shall not surely die:" I would say yes !

Did Eve lie when she said, God said "we should not even touch the fruit or we shall die." I would say yes, because if she simply touched the fruit and not ate of it she would not have died because God never said this. So by saying if we touch the fruit we shall surely die, was simply telling a lie and adding to the Word spoken by God.

Notice the serpent never asked or even mentioned anything about touching the fruit? He lied also, simply by saying, "Ye shall not die." A lie is a lie, there is no other way of looking at it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2

5 hours ago, Esther4:14 said:

Yah, I kind see that as speculation because sin came into the world through disobedience by eating the apple, which they were commanded not to eat, not by lying.  

It is just as easy to speculate that the way to avoid this sin is by not touching the fruit so that you are not tempted to break the command.  

Either way is speculation because the punishment did not come upon mankind through Eve's interpretation of the command requiring that she not touch the fruit, and this interpretation was to her benefit before the serpent continued to convince her to disobey the command of God.  Therefore, it is difficult to make the judgement that Eve's recounting of the command was disobedience on her part.  

Eve was not very brilliant, so maybe she had a Fruedian slip. For instance, I meant to ask somebody what my counselors extension was and instead I started saying "what's the extension of Mother Teresa" (then caught myself :P )  ( because that was who was on my mind at that time and my counselor and I had recently talked about her)

If I get somebody's name wrong or my mind is elsewhere and I Stumble over my words, is that the same as lying? If I had every intention of speaking the truth and thought I was.  Perhaps she misunderstood God as well. Obviously speaking false info is falsehood, but is it still a sin if a person doesn't realize or it was a misunderstanding?

If I demanded my kids not  eat something , that would mean I wouldn't want them touching or playing with it either.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

22 hours ago, spiderman1917 said:

Couldn't "no regard for...nor the desire of women" mean he doesn't care what they desire or want, therefore he doesn't care about their rights or see them as human beings?

Spiderman, Satan is a Feminist, and the Feminist Movement had its roots in Communism (which also originated with Satan).  But the Antichrist will be too busy with the business of damning souls to Hell to worry about women or women's rights.  

If anything, he might raise up a harpy who will promote womens' rights as well as the worship of the Mother Goddess (this is already a reality and the connection between the two is well established).  Check out Jezebel in Revelation, then the modern Jezebels who pretend to be prophetesses.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

are you speaking of a mythological harpy?   that would be quite a sight...