IGNORED

What is the "Scientific Theory" of evolution...?

Enoch2021

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

the info you are asking for is found in hundreds of thousands of primary school science to high school biology books and who knows how many books in higher education. a google search for the term yields millions of results. 

surely you are not "unable" to locate this info yourself -- but just in case you are really that helpless, i gave you a link to an in-depth article written to be understood by the simplest of audiences. but you didn't thank me; you insulted me. 

it's not "my" link. it's what you asked for, in great detail, with examples and source citations. 
if you want to argue with it, i gave you their contact info too. 

but all you want to do is argue, isn't it? 
that's the whole purpose of this thread -- a snare to get someone to step in, so you can trap & attack them? 
asking to be told something you already know, so you can type some vitriol at it? 

did you lie unsleeping on your bed, plotting this? 

what a waste. 

13pow0.jpg

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

14 minutes ago, post said:

the info you are asking for is found in hundreds of thousands of .....

So you came all the way over here from the Thermodynamics Thread to say the same thing...Translation: you don't know?? :rolleyes:  Thanks we already knew that, that's why I said I was going to start a New Topic to see if someone did know.  

As you can see so far, it appears Nobody else knows either so you have some company. ;) (**Save for Kwik and Oakwood: their collective conclusion -- FAIRYTALE

You also must have 'accidentally' missed this...

This is from your "Link"...

"Billions of years ago, according to the theory of evolution, chemicals randomly organized themselves into a self-replicating molecule."

1.  'theory of evolution', what's that?

2.  "Billions of Years ago" -- Begging The Question (Fallacy) unless they can provide their Time Machine (Make/Model/Serial#)...?

3.  "...chemicals randomly organized themselves into a self-replicating molecule".   :laugh_point:  Really, Start here...

1. Functional DNA/RNA/Proteins NEVER spontaneously form "naturally", outside already existing cells, from Sugars, Bases, Phosphates, and Aminos, respectively.
It's Physically and Chemically IMPOSSIBLE.  <---- One of which is a 2nd Law of Thermodynamics Violation.
That's just the Hardware!

To refute, Please show a Functional 30 mer- RNA or Protein (most are 250 AA or larger) that formed spontaneously "Outside" a Cell/Living Organism, CITE SOURCE! The smallest "Functional" DNA (Genome) is a little over 100,000 Nucleotides... so that ain't happenin !

Conclusion from the Grand Poobah's of OOL Research...

"We conclude that the direct synthesis of the nucleosides or nucleotides from prebiotic precursors in reasonable yield and unaccompanied by larger amounts of related molecules could not be achieved by presently known chemical reactions."
Gerald F. Joyce, and Leslie E. Orgel, "Prospects for Understanding the Origin of the RNA World," p. 18 The RNA World, R.F. Gesteland and J.F. Atkins, eds. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 1993.

Then the WOOLLY Mammoth in the Room... 

2. How Did Stupid Atoms Write Their Own Software....? In other words, show how Ink/Paper/Glue Molecules can Author Technical Instruction Manuals/Blueprints...? 

Go ahead...?

Any response, I mean... it was your "Link" you floated was it not??

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Arguing????   Uhhhh,sheesh       May the Prince of Peace enter into this Blessed place,,,,,,,,& stay here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

There is no argument,there is nothing to argue over,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I have no idea how the survey was taken (referred to by B.A.Robinson)but there are supposedly 99.85% of life & earth scientists in America that are convinced that EVOLUTION can be repeatedly tried,tested,supportedv ,confirmed,,,,,I had a deluded professor in "higher ed" that tried his best to delude & brainwash his students,,,,,,,,,,,

a core elite of pseudo-scientists who despise God.                                                       posted by Oakwood

It starts at a very early age,the father of lies preys on young,vulnerable minds ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

1 hour ago, Enoch2021 said:

So you came all the way over here from the Thermodynamics Thread to say the same thing...Translation: you don't know??

more false accusations and unnecessary personal insults. 

it's kind of your "thing" isn't it? 

for the dense of mind, 
translation: you are asking a question with an obvious answer easily found from a zillion sources. your google is not broken. you already know the answer. you are not really asking for information; you are looking to start an unnecessary, un-edifying quarrel over words. 

so it's not that i "don't know" -- it's that your question is at best rhetorical, and at worst malicious. 
beside this, i've already provided you with a citation linking to a professionally written, thorough and easily understandable full explanation answering your question. what makes you think i don't understand what's written in the link i posted? i actually read the things i quote & link to. the full context of them. 
and if you want to argue about them, it's not "my link" -- you have the contact information of the people responsible for the information in the citation. go argue with them. 

i don't see your pit - ah, excuse me, "your question" - as something necessary to bother wasting time replying to -- instead, i will spend my time addressing the spiritual thing, because this is still a Christian website: which is your unrighteous behavior. because, whoever can convince a man of the error of his ways, so that he turns away from his sin, has saved him from death. 

what's the purpose of this thread, Enoch? 
be honest. 
what is the real reason you made this thread? 
we are not naive. 

8 minutes ago, post said:

... a question with an obvious answer easily found from a zillion sources. your google is not broken. ...

la la la.  Are you a "Wiki Google" Scientist?   So you started with hundreds of thousands.... then millions, Now.... a Zillion ??  :rolleyes:  What's next, your dog ate it? 

So we should take this tacitly as a " No " Then:   "Any response, I mean... it was your "Link" you floated was it not??" ??

Thanks, you've done my job for me  thumbsup.gif

regards

15 minutes ago, Enoch2021 said:

my job

be honest. 

i'm not naive. you didn't make this thread because you don't know what people are talking about when they say "the theory of evolution" 
you've never asked this question because you didn't know the answer and were seeking information. 

so be real with us -- why did you make this thread? 
what did you hope to accomplish? 

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49

Since I know nothing of "the theory of evolution," I have to accept it at face value.

A "Theory" = is a guess, an applied guess, be it educated or otherwise. In layman's language "Let's get serious about guessing."

"Evolution" = "evolving," an observational term given to "what we think has happened," "It looks like it has evolved" etc.

The T of E is "A guess about what seems to have happened."

A theory or a guess is not necessarily the truth, and neither is "what we think might have happened" necessarily the truth.

We can say that the T of E is "the guessing of a guess."

Since a guess shows ignorance, the T of E could be "the ignorant pursuit of ignorance." 

You would have to be fairly self convinced to uphold that.

The Bible calls it "willingly ignorant."

A scientific theory is different from a scientific law. Scientific laws are summaries or statements that describe a wide range of observations and results of experiments. Scientific theories, on the other hand, are explanations for observations and results. So, laws describe what happens and theories explain why things happen. So, how does the theory of evolution explain why evolution happened? Evolution is a theory that cannot be explained, nor can it be reproduced. In fact, the world devolves, not evolves. All the books in the world are written by the human mind, except one. That "one" is the Bible, which is written by the dictation of the Holy Spirit. Evolution is Satanic and is meant to confuse the human mind and lead people away from Christ, Who Is The Word!

some things don't change, but other things do seem to "evolve" over the short span of a few years.. 

On 12/26/2013 at 4:41 PM, Enoch2021 said:

I'm not interested in whatever laundry list of quotes you dredge up from creationist websites. They are all quote mined which is extremely dishonest.

I did not call you lazy, I said even the laziest of searches would lead to the information you "requested".

Enoch, i do agree with you on this -- 'even the laziest of searches would lead to the information you "requested"'

:cool:

so man up and confess why you really made this thread. 

41 minutes ago, post said:

To finally discover what the "Scientific Theory" of evolution actually is so I can understand the rationale behind people's Kung Fu Death Grip with it.  I've been searching for the answer close to 6 years now from the Postman to Professors in the Hallowed Halls of Academia...all I get is name calling, diversions, and ad hominems...sorta like your posts.  

Would you like to continue to substitute Appeal to Motives (Fallacy) in lieu of Substantive Support some more ?? ...

Looks like a Yes...

:rolleyes:

why did you make this thread?

Another Yes

what did you hope to accomplish? 

And another.

i'm not naive. you didn't make this thread because you don't know what people are talking about when they say "the theory of evolution" 
you've never asked this question because you didn't know the answer and were seeking information. 

I RARELY ask a Question that I don't FULLY know the answer to and don't have a Metric Ton of SUPPORT for.  But I give people the benefit of the doubt to try and put forth a Coherent Substantive Argument so as to justify their position and convince me otherwise.  If they can't, then I EXPOSE their positions/arguments to the LIGHT so they are seen for what they really are.

regards