• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.97
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Joline said:

Since Mark Kinzer makes Christian sacraments and Jewish sacraments equal in function and purpose. Are Sacraments cultic?

What is he defining as a sacrament?

1 minute ago, Joline said:

Sure clear enough. thank you so now we are on the same page with the mediation being a priestly function?

IT IS RESERVED FOR JESUS ONLY, NOT EARTHLY PRIESTS.  CAN WE MOVE ON NOW?

5 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

hat is he defining as a sacrament?

I truly find it amazing. I have given you that several times already.

What he has said is....there is no different FUNCTION between a Jewish sacrament and a Christian sacrament. To speak of one set of sacraments as non sacramental and the other as sacramental are artificial polemics.

So are sacraments cultic?  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Joline,,,

I have to ask ,do you just like to debate for the sake of debate? You keep asking the same question over about the "sacrament" & the Judaism stuff,,,I answered you the first time & that is why I didn't answer the 2nd time,,,,,,,No,I wouldn't consider it a cult,,,,I would say it is "false Christianity"   As far as 'cults<which is the Topic,,,,,I think the How is much more significant that the "what",,,,,,lHow it is "taught" like "brainwashing" & that is just my opinion,,,I am no authority or expert in the matter

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Joline, Not all Jewish Christian groups are alike.  I used to distribute Jews for Jesus tracts and would continue to do so but few people understood the Jewish sense of humor which I thought was so funny.  That was 40 years ago.  I greatly respect the theology of Quints and would love to have her for a Bible teacher.  I do not think she is or was in a cult.  I believe she has spoken to you about this subject and I agree that you need to drop it.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, Joline said:

So is what Mark Kinzer teaches "cultic"?

I would not call it "cultic" but heterodox.  Here's a quote: “we have good grounds for upholding the view that the New Testament as a whole treats Jewish practice as obligatory for Jews.

That is simply not true, and the epistle to the Hebrews makes that quite clear.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings SavedOne,,,,,

Hi again,,,I'm glad we have notifications & I saw you address me,,,,,I was really enjoying this thread Brother & like you,,,I'm not one for conflict or division,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,okay ,enough of that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,'

N o,I don't think there is any thing to add there,,,,unless you have something,,,I think we bnoth agree that their methods are what can make the false teachings be considered a cult,,,,yes?

I will say,I have really learned a lot here,,,,it has not changed my views of what I perceive to be "cults" but I have  much more information now than before we started,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what else ya got?                         Love,Kwik

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

I didn't read anything yet ,its going to take me a day to read the whole thread  all but it sounds very intersting:)

Thank you brother Saved :)

14 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings SavedOne,,,,,

Hi again,,,I'm glad we have notifications & I saw you address me,,,,,I was really enjoying this thread Brother & like you,,,I'm not one for conflict or division,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,okay ,enough of that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,'

N o,I don't think there is any thing to add there,,,,unless you have something,,,I think we bnoth agree that their methods are what can make the false teachings be considered a cult,,,,yes?

I will say,I have really learned a lot here,,,,it has not changed my views of what I perceive to be "cults" but I have  much more information now than before we started,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what else ya got?                         Love,Kwik

I was reminded by the Holy Spirit last night that I left the most important part of my story that I related about my mother writing me out of her will, and my sister's and husband's reaction to the calmness I had while they were looking for a more earthly response.  The Holy Spirit spoke to me before my mother's death preparing me for what was to transpire.  I give all the glory to God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit for making peaceful what could have been a traumatic event, finding out my mother truly hated me for leaving the RCC to the point she preferred an atheist to me.  I give ALL the credit to the Holy Spirit for preparing me ahead of time, and keeping my wife, the love of my life, calm and accepting that this was all in God's hands.  I always want to acknowledge God's work in my like to make sure He get's the glory He so richly deserves.  I did nothing but follow God's lead.

10 hours ago, angels4u said:

I didn't read anything yet ,its going to take me a day to read the whole thread  all but it sounds very intersting:)

Thank you brother Saved :)

Thank you for choosing to read what's been written so far.  It's an open subject, but I'd like to keep it focused on those semi-Christian organizations, who want to rob us out of our closeness with God by teaching a false gospel.  Putting requirements on us that are not Biblically based.  So while false religions are an important area to discuss, here I'd like to focus on psuedo-Christians, who are not really Christians at all.