• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

20 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

God uses types in the bible to show future events. Jesus mentioned two in the gospels. I have often thought the holocaust was a type depiction of what the trib would be like. 

or worse?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

11 minutes ago, angels4u said:

or worse?

Much more worse. There will be many more followers of the Antichrist than there was Hitler. I think the Antichrist will be more deceiving. People will be lined up for miles to get that mark.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

19 minutes ago, angels4u said:

or worse?

Of course it will be worse. The bible says so.

Many of the Jews in WW2 were warned. Some heeded the warning and fled to neutral countries. But some stayed. Some were successfully hidden and escaped with help of the renaissance. But very few. Between 5 to 6 million Jews were killed during WW2. Of course our population has grown since the 1940's. That number could easily run into the billions today.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

48 minutes ago, bopeep1909 said:

Many of the Jews in WW2 were warned. Some heeded the warning and fled to neutral countries. But some stayed. Some were successfully hidden and escaped with help of the renaissance. But very few. Between 5 to 6 million Jews were killed during WW2. Of course our population has grown since the 1940's. That number could easily run into the billions today.

Matthew 24:21

The Abomination of Desolation
20Pray that your flight will not occur in the winter or on the Sabbath. 21For at that timethere will be great tribulation, unmatched from the beginning of the world until now, and never to be seen again. 22If those days had not been cut short, nobody would be saved. But for the sake of the elect, those days will be shortened.…

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,219
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Just a couple of thoughts from the comments.

I believe the Holy Spirit will quicken the believers hearts as to the timing of the `catching away,` just before we are to go. Thus I do not see planes falling out of the sky, cars careering off the road etc etc.

Also the `catching away` is for those who are looking for Him, & obviously not caught up in the cares of the world. Plus the Holy Spirit, I believe, will lead the Body of Christ into all truth, & so we will have clarity of God`s purpose & timing, for that is part of the maturity in Christ. To really know someone is to know their character & their desires. (purposes)

The big eschatology questions are the last truths to be clarified, I believe.

Marilyn. 

6 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Just a couple of thoughts from the comments.

I believe the Holy Spirit will quicken the believers hearts as to the timing of the `catching away,` just before we are to go. Thus I do not see planes falling out of the sky, cars careering off the road etc etc.

Also the `catching away` is for those who are looking for Him, & obviously not caught up in the cares of the world. Plus the Holy Spirit, I believe, will lead the Body of Christ into all truth, & so we will have clarity of God`s purpose & timing, for that is part of the maturity in Christ. To really know someone is to know their character & their desires. (purposes)

The big eschatology questions are the last truths to be clarified, I believe.

Marilyn. 

I do not see this. I think the Rapture of the Church will be instantaneous. It will be in the twinkling of the eye. Do you know how fast that is? Eleven one-hundredth of a second. We are not looking at the popular book series of "Left Behind". It was a fiction novel series. We do not know how it will play out.

I do believe that the Holy Spirit will bring many to faith in Jesus Christ during the seven year tribulation. Those people will be the Tribulation Saints and most of them will die.

Holy Spirit tribulation

Question: "Will the Holy Spirit be present during the tribulation?"

Answer:
The question of the Holy Spirit not being present during the tribulation results from a misunderstanding of 2 Thessalonians 2:7, which reads, “For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way.” Right now, prior to the tribulation, one of the ministries of the Holy Spirit is the restraint of evil. In verses 8 and 9, we learn that the restraining power of the Holy Spirit holds back the “lawless one” (Antichrist) so he is not revealed before God wills it. The passage says the Holy Spirit will no longer restrain the growth of evil, but that does not mean He will have no ministry whatsoever.

In Acts 1:4–5, Jesus promises that His disciples would soon be “baptized with the Holy Spirit.” In Acts chapter 2, Jesus’ promise is fulfilled. In verses 38 and 39, it is written that “Peter replied, ‘Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.’”

The indwelling of the Holy Spirit is thus assured for every born-again believer, and nowhere in Scripture is that promise rescinded. Regeneration is the Spirit’s work; without Him, no one is saved. If the Spirit were not present during the tribulation, no one could be saved. But the fact is that a multitude that no one can number is saved during the tribulation (Revelation 7:9–14). Therefore, those who come to Jesus during the tribulation period will also be indwelt by the Holy Spirit. Give glory to God for making that provision, because tribulation saints will need the guidance and direction of the Spirit during that troubled time.

Another good reason that the Spirit must be present during the tribulation is that He is omnipresent. Since He is everywhere at all times, He must be in the world during the tribulation.

At some point—only God knows when—the restraining influence of the Holy Spirit will be removed, the Antichrist will be revealed to an unwitting and unsuspecting world, and the tribulation period will begin.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Holy-Spirit-tribulation.html

Unlike the WW2 Holocaust many will be killed by the the seven year tribulation disasters such as the seals,trumpets and bowls. They did not experience that during WW2. Which makes the devastation much worse during the seven year tribulation.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, Last Daze said:

Some say that if you're not looking for a pretrib rapture then you're not going. 

Sounds like "You get what you deserve":P Seriously, I don't think anyone believes that.

As to a packet, as mentioned above, our Bibles are our packets.  The critical issue is whether the individuals obeyed the Gospel which you shared with them.

And yes, the Rapture will be before the Tribulation, and there is sufficient biblical support for that view.