• Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

2 minutes ago, post said:

apply the Word liberally

as in "freely" and "generously" 

-- the actual definition of the word, not the worldly connotation of "
liberal" as it so often mis-used, wise-guy. 

<_<

:laugh:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,193
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 8:58 PM, St_Worm2 said:

Hi Struggling, one of the most important ways we apply the word of God is by simply "believing" what it says (IOW, by believing "Him" at His word). For instance, we need to believe and trust that what He promises other Christians will be just as true for us, right :)  This is especially important when someone is "struggling" with his/her faith.

As an example of what I mean, St. John tells us:

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." ~1 John 1:9

So when you sin (and sadly, we all do), you need to ask the Lord for forgiveness .. and then you need to take Him at His word and believe that He has done exactly that :) Whether you 'feel' like you are forgiven or not is not important (you may not sometimes :(), what 'is' important is believing/knowing that you are :thumbsup: If you don't, you may 1) continue to be useless to Him as you wallow in that for which you have already been forgiven and 2) end up needing to ask Him for forgiveness again, but this time it will be for doubting whether what He has promised us is true or not.  

Sin stings, so it's hard for us to completely forget it (which can be a good thing when used in the right context, IOW, to remind us why we don't want to fall back into the same sin again), and Satan will always be there to lie to us and to tell us that 1) we are bad and worthless 2) we don't deserve to be forgiven 3) we aren't forgiven, no matter what God says, and then 4) that we were never Christians to begin with. 

Ro 7:14-25
 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
KJV

I would be more careful about blanket statements like this (below) you have made :thumbsup: 

But that's all coming from Satan, NOT the Lord :amen:  So if you want to please Him, just believe Him (Hebrews 11:6).

There's much more to applying God's word, of course, but if you find that you are listening to Satan RATHER than listening to and believing God, that's obviously the place you need to start. 

Yours and His,
David
p.s. - in what ways, specifically, do you feel that you are struggling to apply God's word?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

How do you apply the Word of God. From the heart?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/02/1956

Hi enoob57, it's been a little while with this one, but I believe this post was made not only with this thread's OP in mind, but also with one that Struggling made earlier about "struggling" with intrusive, sinful thoughts and memories.

Also, the sentence,   that's all coming from Satan, NOT the Lord, wasn't meant as a blanket statement, but as a follow-up thought to the sentence that preceded it:  Satan will always be there to lie to us and to tell us that 1) we are bad and worthless 2) we don't deserve to be forgiven 3) we aren't forgiven, no matter what God says, and then 4) that we were never Christians to begin with.

I could have tried to be clearer about my meaning in both cases. Sorry about that.

--David

Edited by St_Worm2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

On ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 2:53 PM, Struggling said:

The Word of God is a must-read for any Christian. It's words are basically life for me and you. But I really want to know how to apply it, since I'm struggling (hence the name) to apply it. For this reason, I've felt that I'm getting nowhere.

So please reply and help me! I've been facing this for months now! I thought it was simple to apply it but I was wrong.

Just please help me.

How do you apply the word of God?        

Believe what you read in God's Holy and inspired Word, and obey Jesus as best as you can. If you slip up, and we all  occasionally can and do, ask the Father to forgive you in His Sons Holy Name. Its that easy.

1 hour ago, St_Worm2 said:

Hi enoob57, it's been a little while with this one, but I believe this post was made not only with this thread's OP in mind, but also with one that Struggling made earlier about "struggling" with intrusive, sinful thoughts and memories.

Also, the sentence,   that's all coming from Satan, NOT the Lord, wasn't meant as a blanket statement, but as a follow-up thought to the sentence that preceded it:  Satan will always be there to lie to us and to tell us that 1) we are bad and worthless 2) we don't deserve to be forgiven 3) we aren't forgiven, no matter what God says, and then 4) that we were never Christians to begin with.

I could have tried to be clearer about my meaning in both cases. Sorry about that.

--David

I know loved one! I was just wanting to point out that there is Godly self loathing of 1st born realities by second born children of God :) 

Application of The Word of God must be in first chair of all consideration so that it preempts all other behavior no matter what
comes against it... When we understand 'God's Word' as 'God's Word' what really else is there to do with it ?   Love, Steven