• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,861
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Mike 2 said:

That would bring what Jesus said into question 

Joh 5:19  Jesus told them, "Truly, I tell all of you with certainty, the Son can do nothing on his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing, What the Father does, the Son does likewise. 

Keep in mind we are talking about the Trinity and how "God" functions (Father, Holy Spirit, Son). Jesus is very clear that the Son can do nothing on his own accord. 

Unless there is some other meaning to what Jesus said that I am unaware of I have to stand by what he is saying here that everything he did was the will of the Father

This is not applicable today , it was a thing of the past. It was only for the period of time before the Cross , not after. 

For the time before the Cross, " the Father loves me and he will do what I asked him", these are the words of Jesus .

Also "I have Authority to forgive sins" . This statement was made by Jesus before the Cross. 

He said "I have Authority", and he exercise his authority. .

He did not say when the Father is forgiving sins then I forgive .

(The Father never has forgiven anyone's sins).

The Father of the Jews yes, but not the Heavenly Father. 

By the way , do you know why Jesus never called upon the name of the Lord God? 

Edited by Your closest friendnt
Spelling

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Your closest friendnt said:

This is not applicable today , it was a thing of the past. It was only for the period of time before the Cross , not after. 

For the time before the Cross, " the Father loves me and he will do what I asked him", these are the words of Jesus .

Also "I have Authority to forgive sins" . This statement was made by Jesus before the Cross. 

6About the ninth hour, Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?”which means, “My God, My God, why have you forsaken Me?”Matth.27:46 

Dear friend, I remember talking about this before?

If you don't believe in the Trinity ,you will explain the Trinity different as people who do believe this truth..

(The Father

never has forgiven anyone's sins).

5 And the Lord descended in the cloud and stood there with him as he called upon the name of the Lord. 6 Then the Lord passed by in front of him and proclaimed, “The Lord, the Lord God, compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in lovingkindness and truth; 7 who keeps lovingkindness for thousands, who forgives iniquity, transgression and sin; yet He will by no means leave the guilty unpunished, visiting the iniquity of fathers on the children and on the grandchildren to the third and fourth generations” (Exodus 34:5-7).

5 For Thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive, And abundant in lovingkindness to all who call upon Thee (Psalm 86:5).

4 But there is forgiveness with Thee, That Thou mayest be feared (Psalm 130:4).

9 “To the Lord our God belong compassion and forgiveness, for we have rebelled against Him” (Daniel 9:9).

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Still keeping in mind that we are talking about the Trinity. Jesus/ The Son of God...is God and was making those statements as God. The Son doing only what the Father shows him can only forgive sins if the Father shows him. We see the Son forgiving sins because we are physical and we literally see the Son ...who does only what he sees the Father (who is unseen spirit) do. Interesting thought hmmm.

What we see when Jesus does something in the physical is that part of God that interacts in the physical...as it is something coming out of the deep things of God (the Father in the trinity) and as it "has come out of/ is born out of God...it is a Son".

That is one of the aspects to understand when we are called sons of God, in that sense it would apply to the Fathers will on earth being done through us, when that will is "born out" through us we are acting as "sons of God".

The only way the Father can interact with the physical is through the Word...that part of God that can do the actual creating.

He can interact with us spirit to spirit by the Holy Spirit but the Word/ Son is that part of God that works in the physical.

The interaction with the physical is a two way thing....lets use ourselves as an example , because after all, we are made in the image of God;

a)You have a thought to do some thing-  soul (in the case of God - Father)

b) you decide how you are going to do it- spirit (in the case of God -Holy Spirit)

c) you act it out (manifest it) into the physical- physical/ flesh (in the case of God- Jesus/ The Son)

At that point I see what happened and how you have communicated your inner thought.....say you type something on this forum

Now the process reverses

c) I see it in the physical

b) I decide what to make of it 

a) it goes in to my thoughts

I then respond by going back to b)......(where we usually screw it up and do selfish things)

The Son and the Father had this same process going on, back and forth from the physical through the Holy Spirit (keep in mind this is the working process of "God"- Father, Holy Spirit, Son)

When Jesus, the Son says he will ask the Father he is saying that there is a communication set up between the physical and the spiritual. 

As Jesus- the body that walked on the earth 2000 years ago is not here today, you are correct to say that that only applied up until the cross.......

...... FOR THAT BODY WE KNEW TO BE CALLED JESUS....., however....

Here's the amazing, most fantastic, awesome thing about his dying on the cross......man moves to the next phase (age) in our relationship with God and we can now have His Spirit living in us like Jesus did. We can have the same direct connection to the Father that Jesus did (signified by the tearing of the curtain in the temple) and we to can create in the world, as sons of God doing the will of the Father.

God as was always his plan....now interacts with the physical through believers, we literally represent our Lord in our actions

The implications are awesome ......and so is our responsibility!

The only mystery I see in the study of the trinity is ...When did Jesus know who he was ? Probably had something to do with his baptism......

Edited by Mike 2
relation between Father and Son forgiving

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 5/19/2016 at 10:24 AM, angels4u said:

What is the doctrine of the Trinity?

To contribute to this study, let us think about what John saw in the book of Revelation: a throne was set in heaven and someone sat on the throne (Revelation 4:2).

The question arises: who is initially seated on the throne? It is not Jesus, but the Father (note how the Apocalypse makes a point of quoting the difference between the Eternal and Jesus):

o   The Lamb will take the book out of the hand of Him who sits on the throne (Rev. 5:6-7). This is similar to Daniel 7.9 when the dominion was delivered by the Ancient of Days to the Son of Man;

o   The song says that the Lamb bought for the Eternal individuals (Rev. 5:9,10);

o   The song distinguishes: to him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb (Rev. 5:13);

Why is this distinction made? To show that we have to serve the Eternal, but living the life of Christ, instead of living for ourselves. It is no use adopting the lifestyle of Christ without thinking of glorifying the Eternal (seeking only glory and spiritual reward for oneself), nor serving the Eternal thinking about living one's life.

The throne is a symbol of the mercy and judgment of the Eternal, being mentioned fourteen times in this chapter. And this question of the throne is so important that, when ascending to heaven to see the future, the first thing that John contemplates is the throne of the Eternal settled in heaven (as in Is 6:1; Everything else in the apocalypse has to do with this throne. Everything is centralized according to the throne of the Eternal, which is a throne of glory (Jer. 17:12) that demonstrates His authority.

One of the reasons the name of the Eternal is not mentioned here is because for John, as well as for the Church, the Eternal, besides being one, is not strange. The proposal is not to seek a strange God. Just as when you enter a friend's house there is no need for presentations, so it is also in heaven.

It also reveals John's ignorance of not being able to distinguish the Eternal from Jesus. After all, since Jesus is God, who is this that sits on the throne?

May Jesus help us to know Him better and better.

54 minutes ago, Leonardo Von said:

To contribute to this study, let us think about what John saw in the book of Revelation: a throne was set in heaven and someone sat on the throne (Revelation 4:2).

The question arises: who is initially seated on the throne? It is not Jesus, but the Father (note how the Apocalypse makes a point of quoting the difference between the Eternal and Jesus):

o   The Lamb will take the book out of the hand of Him who sits on the throne (Rev. 5:6-7). This is similar to Daniel 7.9 when the dominion was delivered by the Ancient of Days to the Son of Man;

o   The song says that the Lamb bought for the Eternal individuals (Rev. 5:9,10);

o   The song distinguishes: to him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb (Rev. 5:13);

Why is this distinction made? To show that we have to serve the Eternal, but living the life of Christ, instead of living for ourselves. It is no use adopting the lifestyle of Christ without thinking of glorifying the Eternal (seeking only glory and spiritual reward for oneself), nor serving the Eternal thinking about living one's life.

The throne is a symbol of the mercy and judgment of the Eternal, being mentioned fourteen times in this chapter. And this question of the throne is so important that, when ascending to heaven to see the future, the first thing that John contemplates is the throne of the Eternal settled in heaven (as in Is 6:1; Everything else in the apocalypse has to do with this throne. Everything is centralized according to the throne of the Eternal, which is a throne of glory (Jer. 17:12) that demonstrates His authority.

One of the reasons the name of the Eternal is not mentioned here is because for John, as well as for the Church, the Eternal, besides being one, is not strange. The proposal is not to seek a strange God. Just as when you enter a friend's house there is no need for presentations, so it is also in heaven.

It also reveals John's ignorance of not being able to distinguish the Eternal from Jesus. After all, since Jesus is God, who is this that sits on the throne?

May Jesus help us to know Him better and better.

I'm with you on you on your observation

Let me see if I can add to it to "flesh it out" 

I think in Revelation we have to keep in mind that John is having a vision and that he is seeing things in the spiritual realm.

I've never really studied the passage you are mentioning and I think you have hit on something that will get a lot of us thinking.

That's why I for one like following some of these discussions.

Considering that John is experiencing this in the spiritual realm I think we have to be mindful in our contemplation's and discussions about this passage, actually in Revelation  that this is a vision and there is no physical interaction between the spiritual and physical worlds.

Having said that I would like to point out things like dragons and multi headed , multi eyed creatures. We learn that these are symbols of other things.

Just as they are not physical realities neither is this vision that John is having, it's spiritual.....but it's just stuffed full of meaning and truth.( Daniel and Ezekiel's visions come to mind)

I agree with what you are saying....but if we try to understand the relationship between the Son/ Lamb and the Eternal /Father in these passages that are revealed in the spiritual the same as we do in the physical we will get confused. 

The Father is not physical, neither is The Son ( we know and see him because he lived in the body called Jesus- became incarnate, the Son CAN become physical and the bible gives us many instances of various ways, not just a baby at Christmas).

John had this vision to further understand how everything flows from the Father to the Son.

In this passage our attention is drawn away from this amazing glorious throne to something even more glorious. The Lamb being able to open the scroll is pointing to  everything that happened at, and the focal point  of the cross .That it is through the Son dying  on that cross that we gain access to the unseen Father symbolized as sitting on the throne.

It has to be described in physical terms because as physical beings that's the only way we will understand it.

In line with this observation I think it drives home something that most people are not aware of......we should always be praying to the Father....not to the Son (IN whose name we pray), not to the Holy Spirit (IN whose spirit we pray)....BOTH are avenues ultimately to the Father

On 12/23/2016 at 10:26 AM, Mike 2 said:

Joh 5:19  Jesus told them, "Truly, I tell all of you with certainty, the Son can do nothing on his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing, What the Father does, the Son does likewise. 

Keep in mind we are talking about the Trinity and how "God" functions (Father, Holy Spirit, Son). Jesus is very clear that the Son can do nothing on his own accord. 

Unless there is some other meaning to what Jesus said that I am unaware of I have to stand by what he is saying here that everything he did was the will of the Father

Hope I am not stepping on your toes, but there is something very unique about the way you respond , you do not caused fear in others, who may have another point of view . 

I would like to bring your attention that Jesus had heal someone on the Sabbath day prior to the conversation he had with the Jews on John 5:19. 

The Jews had met someone carrying his bed on the Sabbath day, and according to their culture they confront him, " being forbidden to work on the Sabbath day", 

The man said the one who healed him on the Sabbath , told him not to leave his bed there, to take it away, and that man was Jesus. 

The man was heal on the Sabbath day , at the pool of Bethesda, this is an extremely unusual situation, the healing Angel of the Lord does not trouble the water on the Sabbath day, no one was healed at the pool on the Sabbath . 

Jesus asked him do you want to get well?

The man must have taken Jesus inquiry as an offer for help, because many disabled at the pool were depending on someone else's help to get in the water. And there must have been some kind people who were going there to help those who had reached the edge of the pool, and had no one to help them. 

The man perceiving Jesus as a volunteer , he said I do not have no one to help me, would you like to stay here with me and help me get in the pool. 

Reminding it was the Sabbath, and by seeing the man alone it did not meant that he needed help. 

This man knew that no one works on the Sabbath, not even God, that it is a grave sin to work on the Sabbath. 

Jesus heal him against his will on the Sabbath day. 

This man must have been very surprised , perplexed,  and he intended to leave his bed there to keep his place next to the water.

This man was able to stand up, but he may have other health problems , and he plan to stay there, glad that now he is able to get to the pool on his own. 

Jesus told him, he is well in everything, by telling him take your bed away, you do not need to be deep in the water , Amen. 

Jesus perceiving his trouble mind, told him, your sins are forgiven, and you have not sin, by carrying your bed. 

Because he said :

do not sin anymore, for he knew this happened to him because of his sins, perhaps against the Sabbath. 

On 12/23/2016 at 10:26 AM, Mike 2 said:

I am not disputing what  Jesus said on John 5:19, but Jesus did not shoose to used the words "everything he did it was the will of the Father", within the meaning that he did not had his own will, that he did not have his own thought pattern . 

To the contrary Jesus decided to do the will of the Father, 

We may say that Jesus did not act out of the will of the Father, regarding his mission, he was obedient to the Father. 

Jesus had his own will, and he was tempted as a man, that does not mean that God was tempted together with him, I do not know what to say about the Holy Spirit, in that particular situation, the scripture does not say anything about the Spirit in this situation, 

It says God can't be tempted, but Jesus as a man could be tempted. Jesus was walking on the fence he could go either way, but he choose to do the will of the Father. 

In the Garden he said I decided to drink this cup. 

He knew his mission and he decided to finish it. 

He knew the will of the Father, but he had to make his own decisions, he would be the one to suffer, not the Father. 

If Jesus could not be tempted, then why the Devil tried to tempt him in the dessert. (The Devil did not try to tempt the Father, who was in Heaven). 

Definitely durring those temptations Jesus had to reflect on him self and make his own decisions which path to follow. 

Jesus did not say that moment whatever the Father tells me that's the answer I will give to the Devil. 

Jesus knew that the will of the Father it was not to fall, to resist the Devil and his temptations. . to become someone great without having to go to the Cross. 

The Devil tried to have Jesus fall, like he had fallen. (If Jesus had fallen , the Father wouldn't fall with him. 

John 5:21 .......the Son quickeneth whom the Son will. 

What do you think Jesus is telling? 

5:22 for the Father judgeth no man, but he hath committed all judgement unto the Son.

What Jesus is trying to say?

Jesus was not doing all the time what the Father was doing in Heaven, 

Jesus was obedient to the Father, in everything regarding his mission .

He was not doing the same thing all the time as the Father. 

Jesus did not say I see the Father crucified ,or beaten in Heaven and I have to do the same thing here on earth. 

It was a time that Jesus and the Father were separated, just i do not know , why the scripture does not mention anything about the Holy Spirit. Where it was that time, if it was with the Father or Jesus. 

In John 5:19, i am wondering why the Holy Spirit was not mentioned? 

9 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I am not disputing what  Jesus said on John 5:19, but Jesus did not shoose to used the words "everything he did it was the will of the Father", within the meaning that he did not had his own will, that he did not have his own thought pattern . 

To the contrary Jesus decided to do the will of the Father, 

We may say that Jesus did not act out of the will of the Father, regarding his mission, he was obedient to the Father. 

Jesus had his own will, and he was tempted as a man, that does not mean that God was tempted together with him, I do not know what to say about the Holy Spirit, in that particular situation, the scripture does not say anything about the Spirit in this situation, 

It says God can't be tempted, but Jesus as a man could be tempted. Jesus was walking on the fence he could go either way, but he choose to do the will of the Father. 

In the Garden he said I decided to drink this cup. 

He knew his mission and he decided to finish it. 

He knew the will of the Father, but he had to make his own decisions, he would be the one to suffer, not the Father. 

If Jesus could not be tempted, then why the Devil tried to tempt him in the dessert. (The Devil did not try to tempt the Father, who was in Heaven). 

Definitely durring those temptations Jesus had to reflect on him self and make his own decisions which path to follow. 

Jesus did not say that moment whatever the Father tells me that's the answer I will give to the Devil. 

Jesus knew that the will of the Father it was not to fall, to resist the Devil and his temptations. . to become someone great without having to go to the Cross. 

The Devil tried to have Jesus fall, like he had fallen. (If Jesus had fallen , the Father wouldn't fall with him. 

John 5:21 .......the Son quickeneth whom the Son will. 

What do you think Jesus is telling? 

5:22 for the Father judgeth no man, but he hath committed all judgement unto the Son.

What Jesus is trying to say?

Jesus was not doing all the time what the Father was doing in Heaven, 

Jesus was obedient to the Father, in everything regarding his mission .

He was not doing the same thing all the time as the Father. 

Jesus did not say I see the Father crucified ,or beaten in Heaven and I have to do the same thing here on earth. 

It was a time that Jesus and the Father were separated, just i do not know , why the scripture does not mention anything about the Holy Spirit. Where it was that time, if it was with the Father or Jesus. 

I agree with your line of thinking here from the perspective of looking at the human side of Jesus.

You are hitting on the conflict we have when we talk about "Jesus"....are we talking about the human side or the divine side or the physical side?...It can be very confusing!

We so easily get the human spirit of Jesus mixed up with the divine Son of God  spirit living within the body.

In order for Jesus (the Son of God) to fully know the struggles that you and I deal with and therefore be able to fairly judge us he too must be able to experience those struggles as human.

I do think that as "God" Jesus knew that he had to be crucified and that that was part of the master plan.

14 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Hope I am not stepping on your toes, but there is something very unique about the way you respond , you do not caused fear in others, who may have another point of view . 

I would like to bring your attention that Jesus had heal someone on the Sabbath day prior to the conversation he had with the Jews on John 5:19. 

The Jews had met someone carrying his bed on the Sabbath day, and according to their culture they confront him, " being forbidden to work on the Sabbath day", 

The man said the one who healed him on the Sabbath , told him not to leave his bed there, to take it away, and that man was Jesus. 

The man was heal on the Sabbath day , at the pool of Bethesda, this is an extremely unusual situation, the healing Angel of the Lord does not trouble the water on the Sabbath day, no one was healed at the pool on the Sabbath . 

Jesus asked him do you want to get well?

The man must have taken Jesus inquiry as an offer for help, because many disabled at the pool were depending on someone else's help to get in the water. And there must have been some kind people who were going there to help those who had reached the edge of the pool, and had no one to help them. 

The man perceiving Jesus as a volunteer , he said I do not have no one to help me, would you like to stay here with me and help me get in the pool. 

Reminding it was the Sabbath, and by seeing the man alone it did not meant that he needed help. 

This man knew that no one works on the Sabbath, not even God, that it is a grave sin to work on the Sabbath. 

Jesus heal him against his will on the Sabbath day. 

This man must have been very surprised , perplexed,  and he intended to leave his bed there to keep his place next to the water.

This man was able to stand up, but he may have other health problems , and he plan to stay there, glad that now he is able to get to the pool on his own. 

Jesus told him, he is well in everything, by telling him take your bed away, you do not need to be deep in the water , Amen. 

Jesus perceiving his trouble mind, told him, your sins are forgiven, and you have not sin, by carrying your bed. 

Because he said :

do not sin anymore, for he knew this happened to him because of his sins, perhaps against the Sabbath. 

There was the idea that sin was the reason for physical illness ...that came out of the Old Testament, no doubt brought in by God for this very purpose....people knew that only God could forgive sins and that the physical ailment that resulted from sin could only be removed by God

When Jesus did this kind of healing and tied it in with forgiving sins, he was using the healing in the physical to show the healing of sin in the spiritual. He was reversing the process that as the people at that time came to learn was caused by sins against God. If Jesus was physically healing people that were perceived as ill because of their sin and only God had the authority to reverse that it had to cause the people to ask "who is this person?....must have really astonished  them when Jesus went further and used that as a sign that he forgave their sin. In doing this, Jesus was claiming authority and the religious leaders definitely understood that for what it was.

12 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

When The Son "sees" the father it is spiritual, through The Holy Spirit.

Jesus often talked about spiritually "seeing" and "hearing".....understanding the spiritual meaning of the physical teaching.

Many just don't "get it"

Mat_13:13  That's why I speak to them in parables, because 'they look but don't see, and they listen but don't hear or understand.' 
Mat_13:15  for this people's heart has become dull, and their ears are hard of hearing. They have shut their eyes so that they might not see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart and turn, and I would heal them.'

Mar_4:12  so that 'they may see clearly but not perceive, and they may hear clearly but not understand, otherwise they might turn around and be forgiven.'" 

Luk_8:10  So he said, "You have been given knowledge about the secrets of the kingdom of God. But to others they are given in parables, so that 'they might look but not see, and they might listen but not understand.'" 

When we accept Christ and receive the Holy Spirit we start to see the spiritual significance of the world around us...we enter The Kingdom of Heaven.