• Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

6 hours ago, Ezra said:

If we rightly divide these Scriptures, the difficulties disappear.

1. Scripture is crystal clear that all are invited to partake of eternal life (Rev 22:17).

2. According to God's FOREKNOWLEDGE, He already knows who will believe (1 Pet 1:2).

3. Since election is according to foreknowledge, and for the purpose of entire sanctification (and glorification) (1 Pet 1:2) many are indeed called but few become the elect or chosen.  This is not election for salvation at all (as Calvinists believe). This election is to be conformed to the image of God's son. Only those who believe will become children of God and then be perfected (1 Jn 3:1-3)

4. This is where the Scripture regarding those given by the Father to the Son fits in. Once again, it is according to foreknowledge.

6 hours ago, Ezra said:

This is what is constantly amusing. "When we rightly divide, all the difficulties disappear."  I have no difficulties, therefore I must be rightly dividing! LOL.

The way of a fool is right in his own eyes,
            But a wise man is he who listens to counsel.

Every man's way is right in his own eyes, But the LORD weighs the hearts.

So since every man is right in his own eyes, and that is the way of the fool, those of us who think we are right, must be fools! ;)

Ezra, I would ask, how do you know when you are rightly dividing? Is it when you can find a way to interpret scripture in a way that agrees with what you think?

We believers (not directed at Ezra) would be wise, to not be so sure of ourselves, and listen to others. Just because we do not see what others see, does not mean that they are the ones who are wrong, but that seems to be how we proceed at times.

Now commenting on what I quoted from Ezra's post:

Point 1. I agree that all are invited. Calvinist do not take issue with that.

Point 2, points us to foreknowledge:  "who are chosen 2 according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, by the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to obey Jesus Christ"

Calvinists believe that some are chosen to obey Jesus, and yes, this is according to His foreknowledge. 

πρόγνωσις,  forethought, prearrangement - Thayer's Greek Lexicon

According to? Don't make to much of that phrase.

According to the Bible, all sin! Does that mean that the Bible is the cause of sin, or does in mean that the fact that all sin, is in agreement with what the Bible says. I hope you are not attempting to imply that God chose, because His foreknowledge is the basis or cause of His choice. Sure, God foresees things, and what He foresees, always comes to pass, but that is in harmony with predestination, which Arminians deny, for some reason.

In Ephesians we see a couple of more times, where the phrase "according to" is used:

4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love 5 He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved. 7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace 8 which He lavished on us. In all wisdom and insight 9 He made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His kind intention which He purposed in Him

To me, when I read the phrase "according to", it looks to me, that it is suggesting in agreement with, just as, in harmony with, etc. I see no reason to imply causality, but then, I forget, I am not rightly dividing the word, like Ezra does.

From point 3:

"Since election is according to foreknowledge, and for the purpose of entire sanctification (and glorification) (1 Pet 1:2) many are indeed called but few become the elect or chosen.  This is not election for salvation at all (as Calvinists believe)."

Okay, so given an acceptable alternative understanding (compatible with grammar and definition and word usage examples), instead of imposing an understanding of "according to" . . .

we could just as easily understand this as:

Since election is compatible with, in agreement with, harmonious with, foreknowledge . . .

and then you say "for the purpose of sanctification and glorification" . . . "not to election for salvation at all" . . .  Wow, I am dumbfounded! First off, this is on your authority as a theologian? I am sure you are much more qualified to interpret scripture that centuries of protestant scholarship, again, all I can say is "Wow!"

Newsflash here . . . sanctification and glorification, is what happens to those who are saved, and to no one else. I do not mean to be offensive, but to say people are elected to sanctification and glorification, but not to salvation, is about as nonsensical as one can get! This speaks to me, of someone trying to split hairs to justify a position, that one is desperate to keep regardless of what scripture says, that saddens me quite a bit.

I am plenty open to listen to what you have to say Ezra, but please, do what you claim to be doing, rightly divide the word of truth, be a good exegete, not one who plays spin doctor with the texts. There may well be some great Arminian supporting verses in the Bible, but please do not manufacture them!

I like a lot, that you quoted 1 Jn 3:1-3: Only those who believe will become children of God and then be perfected 

but don't forget that it is not those who believe, that become His sheep, it is His sheep, who come to believe!

25 Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe; the works that I do in My Father’s name, these testify of Me. 26 “But you do not believe because you are not of My sheep. 27 “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28 and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. 29 “My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. 30 “I and the Father are one.”

Notice also, the cool thing that we do not come of our own accord, we are God's gift to Jesus! Also, I bolded some text that speaks to the idea (that Calvinists hold) that beleivers will not lose salvation - the P in T.U.L.I.P., perseverence of the saints!

Back to our normal programming!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,335
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The circular error of Calvinism is found in the summation of Biblical requirement here by Christ

Mt 22:37-41

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

KJV

What God requires of us is to be like Him thus the above we are to imitate God likeness

A Lawyer wanting define neighbor to limit or understand responsibility- Jesus defines here

Lk 10:29

29 But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?
KJV

Here is where Calvinism is error Jesus said everyone you come into contact that has need

Lk 10:30-37

30 And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.

31 And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.

32 And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.

33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,

34 And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.

35 And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.

36 Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?

37 And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.
KJV

Everyone you come into contact with you love them -but- they may not love you back and only want what
they can get from you but that is on them not you who love them so to be like your heavenly Father! Those
who choose to be users in self-centeredness can never be like God but we are to love them till we are taken
home as Christ has also done... you see everyone in the world is neighbor and Calvinism wants you to believe
God choses some to remain untreated and others to treat... it just doesn't fit does it!   Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

13 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Ezra, I would ask, how do you know when you are rightly dividing? Is it when you can find a way to interpret scripture in a way that agrees with what you think?

Omegaman,

Here is how I know that I am rightly dividing the Word of Truth Let's take each point of Five Point Calvinism and dismiss it with Scripture.

TOTAL DEPRAVITY:  If total inability to believe the Gospel and receive Christ were true, then "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved" (Rom 16:31) would be false.  That Philippian jailor and his family heard the Gospel just once and they all believed and were baptized. The Bible does not say anywhere that sinners cannot believe simply by hearing the Gospel and being convicted.  On the contrary, it is the exact opposite, because the POWER of the Gospel and the POWER of the Holy Spirit are sufficient. For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. (Rom 1:16).  This means exactly what it says.

UNCONDITIONAL ELECTION: The Bible simply does not teach that some men are elected to be saved whereas others are not. We always find the word "whosoever" in connection with salvation, and just one verse should suffice (Rev 22:17): And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Whosoever means anyone and everyone without exception. How could the Holy Spirit and the Bride of Christ give this open invitation to all, if God had chosen only some to be saved?

LIMITED ATONEMENT: The Bible is crystal clear that Christ died for the sins of THE WHOLE WORLD, since the whole world is guilty before God. 1 John 2:2 should suffice: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

IRRESISTIBLE GRACE: The Bible makes it perfectly clear that men can and do resist the grace of God (Acts 7:51): Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

PERSEVERANCE OF THE SAINTSYou will not find this term anywhere in Scripture.  Believers are kept by the power of God because eternal life is Christ within, the hope of glory (1 Pet 1:5): Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,250
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

20 hours ago, Ezra said:

If we rightly divide these Scriptures, the difficulties disappear.

1. Scripture is crystal clear that all are invited to partake of eternal life (Rev 22:17).

2. According to God's FOREKNOWLEDGE, He already knows who will believe (1 Pet 1:2).

3. Since election is according to foreknowledge, and for the purpose of entire sanctification (and glorification) (1 Pet 1:2) many are indeed called but few become the elect or chosen.  This is not election for salvation at all (as Calvinists believe). This election is to be conformed to the image of God's son. Only those who believe will become children of God and then be perfected (1 Jn 3:1-3)

4. This is where the Scripture regarding those given by the Father to the Son fits in. Once again, it is according to foreknowledge.

I totally agree with you unless you use the term "entire sanctification" to mean that we will arrive to the perfection of Jesus in this life.  I do not believe anyone can be perfect in this life but God.  Jesus said only God is good.  But I do believe that Jesus conforms us slowly to be more Christ like in our thoughts and attitudes, which results in more Christ like actions as we walk in the Spirit.

1Pe 1:2  WEB according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, that you may obey Jesus Christ and be sprinkled with his blood: Grace to you and peace be multiplied.

In this case it seems to mean that we are set aside and deemed holy for God's use, just as the articles in the Temple were sanctified by sprinkling with blood of goats and bulls.  We were set apart by the sprinkling of Christ's blood for the purposes of obeying Christ.  We have been empowered by the Spirit to do so.  His indwelling Spirit marks us, seals us, and makes us holy in God's sight.

That is how I read the passage.  And I am in full agreement that this was according to Gods foreknowledge.  

I also agree that all who are "in Christ" are predestined to the benefits of Ephesians 1.  It was written to the saints.  All those "in Him" were chosen before the foundation of the world to be holy and without blame before Him, and predestined to be adopted through His grace.  All of the rest of the blessing are for those that are "in Him" as well.  Just reading what it says.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven

7 hours ago, enoob57 said:

Here is where Calvinism is error Jesus said everyone you come into contact that has need
-----
Everyone you come into contact with you love them -but- they may not love you back and only want what they can get from you but that is on them not you who love them so to be like your heavenly Father! Those who choose to be users in self-centeredness can never be like God but we are to love them till we are taken home as Christ has also done... you see everyone in the world is neighbor and Calvinism wants you to believe God choses some to remain untreated and others to treat... it just doesn't fit does it! 

Well, you say here is where Calvinism is in error, and then you explain, but to be truthful, after reading it three or four times, I do not understand what you are saying, so I cannot respond.

Let me restate, what I think you might be saying here, and maybe you can indicate if I am close.

Are you saying, that in the parable of the good Samaritan, we see that we are to treat everyone with kindness, that our neighbor is not the guy next door, not someone we know and love, but even a stranger, even perhaps an enemy,and therefore and God would be sort of a hypocrite, if He did not apply that same standard to Himself, and therefore, God who loves everyone would not select some to treat with kindness?

(Sorry for the  run-on sentence)

4 hours ago, Willa said:

A small portion of Ron Rhodes  "The case for unlimited atonement"

Willa, as much as I would love to respond to the "small portion", there is far too much there. A lot of it looks like different people quoted as making the same argument. I probably am not getting what is being said, but it looks as though this unlimited atonement, the focus on "all" could be construed as an argument for universal salvation. We know that not all are saved, so clearly that is not the case. Only few are saved, and the Bible frequently refers to them as chosen by God, before the foundation of the world. We also see, as I have already  pointed out, that people believe because they were beneficiaries of God love, not that God lovd them because of their belief. Additionally we have seen that they are saved by Gods grace alone, not as a result of anything they have done.

Any position that does not incorporate these Biblical truths harmoniously, is a position that is rejecting portions of scripture, and is therefore untrue. 

If you want to take some thing from that "small portion" and distill it down into something more basic that even I can follow and understand, I would be happy to respond to that.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,335
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

49 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Well, you say here is where Calvinism is in error, and then you explain, but to be truthful, after reading it three or four times, I do not understand what you are saying, so I cannot respond.

Let me restate, what I think you might be saying here, and maybe you can indicate if I am close.

Are you saying, that in the parable of the good Samaritan, we see that we are to treat everyone with kindness, that our neighbor is not the guy next door, not someone we know and love, but even a stranger, even perhaps an enemy,and therefore and God would be sort of a hypocrite, if He did not apply that same standard to Himself, and therefore, God who loves everyone would not select some to treat with kindness?  I would never in mind or heart go this far in my reason I know Who God 'IS' as my only example of what perfect 'IS'...

(Sorry for the  run-on sentence)

Yes we show and perform the love and they are responsible for how they respond to that... Just as God also does here

Mt 5:45-48

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
KJV

and we do this so they are without excuse as it is written

Ro 1:20-23

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
KJV

4 hours ago, Ezra said:

Omegaman,

Here is how I know that I am rightly dividing the Word of Truth Let's take each point of Five Point Calvinism and dismiss it with Scripture.

TOTAL DEPRAVITY:  If total inability to believe the Gospel and receive Christ were true, then "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved" (Rom 16:31) would be false.  That Philippian jailor and his family heard the Gospel just once and they all believed and were baptized. The Bible does not say anywhere that sinners cannot believe simply by hearing the Gospel and being convicted.  On the contrary, it is the exact opposite, because the POWER of the Gospel and the POWER of the Holy Spirit are sufficient. For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. (Rom 1:16).  This means exactly what it says.

UNCONDITIONAL ELECTION: The Bible simply does not teach that some men are elected to be saved whereas others are not. We always find the word "whosoever" in connection with salvation, and just one verse should suffice (Rev 22:17): And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Whosoever means anyone and everyone without exception. How could the Holy Spirit and the Bride of Christ give this open invitation to all, if God had chosen only some to be saved?

LIMITED ATONEMENT: The Bible is crystal clear that Christ died for the sins of THE WHOLE WORLD, since the whole world is guilty before God. 1 John 2:2 should suffice: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

IRRESISTIBLE GRACE: The Bible makes it perfectly clear that men can and do resist the grace of God (Acts 7:51): Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

PERSEVERANCE OF THE SAINTSYou will not find this term anywhere in Scripture.  Believers are kept by the power of God because eternal life is Christ within, the hope of glory (1 Pet 1:5): Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Total Depravity

You said: "If total inability to believe the Gospel and receive Christ were true, then "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved" (Rom 16:31) would be false."

I reply: No, not at all, because it is precisely those who believe, who are saved, even in Calvinism!

You said: "The Bible does not say anywhere that sinners cannot believe simply by hearing the Gospel and being convicted."

I reply: We do not want to build an argument from silence, we do not go by what the Bible does not say, we go by what it does say.  

You said: "This means exactly what it says."

I reply: Exactly right, it means what it says, but that is not the same as it means what YOU say if means.

Unconditional Election

You said: "The Bible simply does not teach that some men are elected to be saved whereas others are not. "

I reply: Well, actually, it simply does, that has already been shown in this thread, you just choose to ignore it. Even still, you are attempting to make an argument on what the Bible does not say.

You said: "We always find the word "whosoever" in connection with salvation"

I reply: I do not disagree, well, I do not know it is ALWAYS the case, but it frequently is. Where we differ, is that I believe that the whosoever, are the elect.

You said: "Whosoever means anyone and everyone without exception. How could the Holy Spirit and the Bride of Christ give this open invitation to all, if God had chosen only some to be saved?"

I reply: But not everyone responds. If they could, who would rejects such an offer? "Sure God, nice of you to send your son to die for me, but I would rather go to Hell, thanks anyway!"

Fact is, they do not respond that way, because they do not have the faith to believe, they cannot understand, and there very nature, is to reject God. Those who escape this enigma, are those who God chose to rescue.

We do better, to not try to force on scripture, what we think makes logical sense to us, and then assume that is how  God thinks. His ways are not our ways. What we should do, is accept what the Bible says, even is we do not like it at times.

Limited Atonement

You said: "The Bible is crystal clear that Christ died for the sins of THE WHOLE WORLD"

I reply: It seems like, you use the phrase crystal clear a lot in posts. What I find is when you say that, it typically is not. If it is crystal clear, then everyone would agree, since we do not, it is not as clear as you think.

Propitiation, pleasing and appeasing God . . . if that was done for the whole world, the way you seem to think it means, then the whole world is saved. To me, it looks as though few are saved, so while the offer is sufficient, to cover the sins of the world, the result is that they are not covered. Only those, who are chosen out of the world are saved, but I guess that must not be "crystal clear".

Irresistible Grace

You said: "The Bible makes it perfectly clear that men can and do resist the grace of God (Acts 7:51): Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye."

I reply: Ah good, this time it is perfectly clear, not crystal clear. You quote there though, says that people resist. Of course they do, that is what total depravity points out. What you are ignoring, is that God's grace is not given to all, only to those who are saved. 

If God chooses to save some one, chooses to extend His grace to them, they will be saved, either that is true, or the God of Arminianism, is not all that powerful. He wants all to be saved, but then apparently, cannot do so.

John 6:37 declares: All that the Father hath given me shall come to me . . . that is His irresistible grace, but He does not give grace (the gift of God) to all, only some, the elect. Verse 44 goes on to say that those who come to God do so because God draws them, not because in some free will, they chose Him. He chose them first.

Perseverance of the Saints

You said: "You will not find this term anywhere in Scripture."

I reply: Yeah, so what! Like the word trinity, or the phrase pre-tribulation rapture? I think you accept those, without those terms being used. Again, true to your style, another argument from silence, you might want to work on that!

Oddly, you then quote verses about perseverance of the saints, so I guess I so not need to reply there.

5 hours ago, Ezra said:

Omegaman,

Total Depravity

You said: "If total inability to believe the Gospel and receive Christ were true, then "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved" (Rom 16:31) would be false."

I reply: No, not at all, because it is precisely those who believe, who are saved, even in Calvinism!

You said: "The Bible does not say anywhere that sinners cannot believe simply by hearing the Gospel and being convicted."

I reply: We do not want to build an argument from silence, we do not go by what the Bible does not say, we go by what it does say.  

You said: "This means exactly what it says."

I reply: Exactly right, it means what it says, but that is not the same as it means what YOU say if means.

Unconditional Election

You said: "The Bible simply does not teach that some men are elected to be saved whereas others are not. "

I reply: Well, actually, it simply does, that has already been shown in this thread, you just choose to ignore it. Even still, you are attempting to make an argument on what the Bible does not say.

You said: "We always find the word "whosoever" in connection with salvation"

I reply: I do not disagree, well, I do not know it is ALWAYS the case, but it frequently is. Where we differ, is that I believe that the whosoever, are the elect.

You said: "Whosoever means anyone and everyone without exception. How could the Holy Spirit and the Bride of Christ give this open invitation to all, if God had chosen only some to be saved?"

I reply: But not everyone responds. If they could, who would rejects such an offer? "Sure God, nice of you to send your son to die for me, but I would rather go to Hell, thanks anyway!"

Fact is, they do not respond that way, because they do not have the faith to believe, they cannot understand, and their very nature, is to reject God. Those who escape this enigma, are those who God chose to rescue, in spite of themselves.

We do better, to not try to force on scripture, what we think makes logical sense to us, and then assume that is how  God thinks. His ways are not our ways. What we should do, is accept what the Bible says, even is we do not like it at times.

Limited Atonement

You said: "The Bible is crystal clear that Christ died for the sins of THE WHOLE WORLD"

I reply: It seems like, you use the phrase crystal clear a lot in posts. What I find is when you say that, it typically is not. If it is crystal clear, then everyone would agree, since we do not, it is not as clear as you think.

Propitiation, pleasing and appeasing God . . . if that was done for the whole world, the way you seem to think it means, then the whole world is saved. To me, it looks as though few are saved, so while the offer is sufficient, to cover the sins of the world, the result is that they are not covered. Only those, who are chosen out of the world are saved, but I guess that must not be "crystal clear".

Irresistible Grace

You said: "The Bible makes it perfectly clear that men can and do resist the grace of God (Acts 7:51): Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye."

I reply: Ah good, this time it is perfectly clear, not crystal clear. You quote there though, says that people resist. Of course they do, that is what total depravity points out. What you are ignoring, is that God's grace is not given to all, only to those who are saved. 

If God chooses to save some one, chooses to extend His grace to them, they will be saved, either that is true, or the God of Arminianism, is not all that powerful. He wants all to be saved, but then apparently, cannot do so.

John 6:37 declares: All that the Father hath given me shall come to me . . . that is His irresistible grace, but He does not give grace (the gift of God) to all, only some, the elect. Verse 44 goes on to say that those who come to God do so because God draws them, not because in some free will, they chose Him. He chose them first.

Perseverance of the Saints

You said: "You will not find this term anywhere in Scripture."

I reply: Yeah, so what! Like the word trinity, or the phrase pre-tribulation rapture? I think you accept those, without those terms being used. Again, true to your style, another argument from silence, you might want to work on that!

Oddly, you then quote verses about perseverance of the saints, so I guess I so not need to reply there.