• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Jayne said:

Actually, we do not have fragments of the originals.  The originals - have been 100% and completely gone for centuries.  The literal piece of parchment that Paul wrote on and that Moses wrote on are no more and have been no more. 

We don't even have the first copies or the first copies of copies.

That's where textual criticism - meticulous study and research to determine as best we can what the originals actually said -  comes in. 

That is actually not true. I have done by reading. We DO have fragments of the originals. There is a fragment of Matthew that dates from the AD60s. And many believe there is every reason to accept this may have been from the original parchment penned by Matthew directly. There is a fragment of Mark that may date to the AD 40s. There is a fragment of John, the Rylands papyrus which although it is not the original, nearly all scholars date it to early 2nd century possibly as old as AD 100.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

36 minutes ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

That is actually not true. I have done by reading. We DO have fragments of the originals. There is a fragment of Matthew that dates from the AD60s. And many believe there is every reason to accept this may have been from the original parchment penned by Matthew directly. There is a fragment of Mark that may date to the AD 40s. There is a fragment of John, the Rylands papyrus which although it is not the original, nearly all scholars date it to early 2nd century possibly as old as AD 100.

Brother, I didn't say we don't have ancient copy fragments.  I said we don't have the originals or probably even the first copies.  Do you have a link to show where it has been concretely proven that the Matthew/Mark fragments are definitively the autographs?

Edited by Jayne

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings....

This Thread was posted well over a month ago,I asked for more details from the OP June 28th,never got a reply........I guess that is the answer to my questions-lol

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

5 hours ago, Jayne said:

Brother, I didn't say we don't have ancient copy fragments.  I said we don't have the originals or probably even the first copies.  Do you have a link to show where it has been concretely proven that the Matthew/Mark fragments are definitively the autographs?

Try sister, actually and I was saying, precisely, that we DO have what may be fragments of the ORIGINALS. No one said they were definitively but there is a very good chance they may be.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Wow, that is quite the article RobertS. However, I confess that I only read 1/3 of the first page, and none of the second page. Thank you, never-the-less!

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  625
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

On 6/2/2016 at 10:22 AM, spiderman1917 said:

...that the story of the adulterer was added http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2008/aprilweb-only/117-31.0.html

What do I say? :unsure:

Whatever, only Jesus could have uttered such words of such sublime truth! Only Jesus of all the people could have delivered the Sermon on the Mount.  That is why He is the Son of God, none other. Praise be to God for sending Him for our enlightenment and salvation.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.92

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 3:55 PM, RobertS said:

Thank you for posting a link to that article.