7 minutes ago, post said:

look at the definition again. it does not mention "spirit" 

kardia: heart

Original Word: καρδία, ας, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: kardia
Phonetic Spelling: (kar-dee'-ah)
Short Definition: the heart, inner life, intention
Definition: lit: the heart; mind, character, inner self, will, intention, center.

Word usage is more important than word meaning.

Guest shiloh357
7 minutes ago, post said:

look at the definition again. it does not mention "spirit" 

kardia: heart

Original Word: καρδία, ας, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: kardia
Phonetic Spelling: (kar-dee'-ah)
Short Definition: the heart, inner life, intention
Definition: lit: the heart; mind, character, inner self, will, intention, center.

Word usage is more important than word meaning.

Guest shiloh357
6 minutes ago, post said:

"denial" and "avoidance behavior" and "cognitive dissonance" 

are not cardiovascular issues.

nor is forgetfulness, lack of understanding, or stubbornness. 

((nor "obsession"))

:laugh:

if i'm "obsessed" with the truth, i count it as a mark of good character, not a blight. that's certainly not something that came from my natural man! 

No one is in denial, except to deny you the satisfaction of sitting in judgment on us.   If you think you have mental issues, that's your problem to solve, but I have don't have any mental issues and I will not submit to your presumptuous attempt to assign to me or others your silly,  condescending personal assessment of us.  Your not obsessed with truth; you're obsessed with judging other people.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,774
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

I'm locking down this thread and I will unlock it AFTER my SHABBAT or until another Moderator can unlock it.  It's my day of rest and with 2 different Reports on this thread alone, I'm shutting it down.  ENJOY SHABBAT!  Enjoy the presence of the Lord! This discussion can resume in a few days!  :)

I've unlocked the thread.  Hopefully we can make this a "Worthy" discussion.   :)

Edited by George
Unlocked the Thread

• George locked this topic
  • George unlocked this topic

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 6/24/2016 at 3:54 AM, post said:

"denial" and "avoidance behavior" and "cognitive dissonance" 

are not cardiovascular issues.

nor is forgetfulness, lack of understanding, or stubbornness. 

((nor "obsession"))

:laugh:

if i'm "obsessed" with the truth, i count it as a mark of good character, not a blight. that's certainly not something that came from my natural man! 

:mgdetective:

IMO

O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: 1 Timothy 6:20 (King James Bible)

Psychology And Psychiatry

Be careful not to allow anyone to captivate you through an empty, deceitful philosophy that is according to human traditions and the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ. Colossians 2:8 (NET Bible)

Are One Of Mankind's Many Dismal And Dreary "Arts" Of Name Calling

Therefore, since we know what it means to fear of the Lord, we try to persuade men. What we are is clear to God, and I hope it is clear to your conscience as well. We are not commending ourselves to you again. Instead, we are giving you an occasion to be proud of us, so that you can answer those who take pride in appearances rather than in the heart.

If we are out of our mind, it is for God; if we are of sound mind, it is for you. For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that One died for all, therefore all died. And He died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died for them and was raised again.

So from now on we regard no one according to the flesh. Although we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.a The old has passed away. Behold, the new has come! 2 Corinthians 5:11-17 (Berean Study Bible)

And Does Not Reflect The Biblical Heart Of The Believer

Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Because of the privilege and authority God has given me, I give each of you this warning: Don’t think you are better than you really are. Be honest in your evaluation of yourselves, measuring yourselves by the faith God has given us. Just as our bodies have many parts and each part has a special function, so it is with Christ’s body. We are many parts of one body, and we all belong to each other. Romans 12:2-5 (New Living Translation)

And As For The Good Character Of The Truth

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6 (King James Bible)

Indeed, There Is Only

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26 (New International Version)

One

Having purified your souls by your obedience to the truth for a sincere brotherly love, love one another earnestly from a pure heart, since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God; 1 Peter 1:22-23 (English Standard Version)

~

Believe

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. John 13:34 (New American Standard Bible)

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Brother Joe,,,,,

I do hope you are feeling FANTASTIC,been praying for you dear Friend,Brother   In reading your replies one always must read "between the lines" lol

IMO , Psychology And Psychiatry Are One Of Mankind's Many Dismal And Dreary "Arts" Of Name Calling

Amen to that & in Jesus Name I am hoping that everyone who reads this Thread will Receive Revelation,Gods Truth ....

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.                                                       Ezekiel 36:26

Spirit Filled,Born Again Believers ARE NOT mentally ill,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they are FREE in Christ Jesus!                With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

I think that the main problem here is that the vernacular being used is not something that is common to how people speak to each other. "Mental Illness" in terms of how people actually think about it, the textbook definition of it, is a medical situation. Whether or not one agrees with the legitimacy of psychology (and I am personally skeptical about a lot of it, but not all), the fact remains that suggesting that everyone is "mentally ill" does not really land with me, insofar as that is viewed as a condition that separates one group of people from others in the same way that having a leg wound would. "Well, we all have leg wounds" would not make sense to most people, even if by leg wound, you meant that we all have a sinful nature. Why not just state we all have a sinful nature to start with instead of attempting to redefine the vernacular and creating a lot of confusion. It's my assumption that most people who are arguing in this thread would've been agreeing otherwise, had that been stated.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Well I am going back to reply to the original OP. There are many who have OCD and it is so slight that it does not affect their everyday life.But if it does it becomes serious. There are many who have depression and that would include SAD. There are many who have anxiety. Many are in denial regarding these less serious mental illnesses. But there are not has many who have the very severe mental illnesses as in Bipolar,Schizophrenia,Bulimia and anorexia or agoraphobia where they can not even leave the house.

Then you have those who have personality disorders. That can serious affect those who have contact with the person and those who love them and those who they have a relationship with.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

Paul is speaking by the Holy Spirit to believers, people fully saved and declared holy, found in Christ, when he says this: 

I am speaking in human terms, because of your natural limitations. 
(Romans 6:19) 

what does that mean? 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

4 hours ago, post said:

Paul is speaking by the Holy Spirit to believers, people fully saved and declared holy, found in Christ, when he says this: 

I am speaking in human terms, because of your natural limitations.
(Romans 6:19) 

what does that mean? 

:sherlock:

I am using an example from everyday life because of your human limitations. Just as you used to offer yourselves as slaves to impurity and to ever-increasing wickedness, so now offer yourselves as slaves to righteousness leading to holiness. Romans 6:19 (New International Version)

The Spirit is the One who gives life. The flesh doesn't help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life. John 6:63 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)