IGNORED

The “sin lists” in the NT condemn all habitual sinners!

ZacharyB

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

King James Bible
And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.                                         Ephesians 4:30

un·to
ˈənto͝o,ˈəntə/
preposition
preposition: unto
  1. 1.
    archaic term for to.
    "do unto others as you would have them do unto you"
  2. 2.
    archaic term for until.
    "marriage was forever—unto death"

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

2 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Very good analogy,Reinitin......and so,if that seed was planted,lets say, in very good soil & yet no one watered it,no sun could get to it because it was in the shade....what would happen to it?                                                                                                              

Well not to start a derail but Jesus did give us the sower parable and the heavenly seed recieved with great joy but didnt root and didnt make it to maturity or become fruit baring when confronted with cares of the world. Not saying the Lord wont use his laborers again to plow and sow again tho. The Lord doesnt quit on us.

Also other fruitless parable warnings 

The 10 virgins

The talents

The unfaithful servant

The master of the Vinyard 

I think Jesus was very clear about what happens when you take the plow in your hands and look back.

I think what people miss understand by faith through grace its not just believing.

Peter couldnt walk on water. Humanly impossible. He said Lord if its you, command me. When Jesus said, Peter come to me and peter stepped out of that boat in faith the power was provided by the Lord. 

A lil toddler by faith steps away from the coffee table on wobbly feet and usually ends up falling several times before the learn to walk. They grow and some become accomplished runners but even accomplished runners fall some time but because they have trained them selves to run they get right up and start running again a fall is not a defeat.

Everything the Lord has commanded of us or the diciples through his authority has the power of God available for us if we step out in faith and try to walk by his Spirit and not after the flesh. Like peter after we do the Humanly impossible we sink. And grace is our Lords hand ready to lift us up after we sink. Doing the works of righteousness prepared for us is not a badge for human effort it stepping out in faith when our spirit is quickened by the Lords commands.

Edited by Reinitin

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Reinitin....

Dear Sister,I should have been more clear.....I did address you but the question was already answered BY YOU ,lol    I know you Understand,I'm not sure who else does or does not....yes,Jesus did give us the parables of the sower,very clear....He Has Also quickened our Spirit,we are ALIVE in Christ.....LIFE is sustained by Him both here & Eternally....."IF" we LOVE Him we Will yearn & desire to be near Him...... getting back to the subject at hand,a habitual sinner is yearning & lusting for the temporal,the flesh,carnality,the world.........this is dangerous ground imo    I stil believe it can lead to ,not "losing" Salvation but Rejecting Christ                           This is a never ending debate,so I will leave it at that                           Be Blessed Beloved,Kwik:emot-heartbeat:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

God has us, from when we first believed all the way to rapture (harpazo).

Eph 1:13-14 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

John 10:28-29 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch (harpazó) them out of my hand. 29My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all ; no one can snatch (harpazó) them out of my Father’s hand.

1 Thess 4:17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up ( harpazó ) together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

Rev 12:5 She gave birth to a son, a male child, who "will rule all the nations with an iron scepter." And her child was snatched up (harpazó) to God and to his throne.

- Heb 13:8

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

2 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Reinitin....

Dear Sister,I should have been more clear.....I did address you but the question was already answered BY YOU ,lol    I know you Understand,I'm not sure who else does or does not....yes,Jesus did give us the parables of the sower,very clear....He Has Also quickened our Spirit,we are ALIVE in Christ.....LIFE is sustained by Him both here & Eternally....."IF" we LOVE Him we Will yearn & desire to be near Him...... getting back to the subject at hand,a habitual sinner is yearning & lusting for the temporal,the flesh,carnality,the world.........this is dangerous ground imo    I stil believe it can lead to ,not "losing" Salvation but Rejecting Christ                           This is a never ending debate,so I will leave it at that                           Be Blessed Beloved,Kwik:emot-heartbeat:

Amen, bless you dear sister. I am always  encouraged by his blessed assurances, He will complete the work he starts in us and remind myself often of the command we are given, Judge nothing before it is time. Many things are hidden from us but when the Lord appears we will see the hidden things and be able to judge righteously. 

Guest Judas Machabeus
6 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:

No. 1 John 3:9

Okay so than if you sin you are not saved because John also says in the same passage :

1 John 3:6

6 Any one who abides in him does not sin;* any one who sins has not seen him, nor has he known him.

1 John 3:10

10 By this it may be seen who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not do right is not of God, nor he who does not love his brother.

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  480
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Judas Machabeus said:

Okay so than if you sin you are not saved because John also says in the same passage :

1 John 3:6

6 Any one who abides in him does not sin;* any one who sins has not seen him, nor has he known him.

1 John 3:10

10 By this it may be seen who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not do right is not of God, nor he who does not love his brother.

Good...and John also says in 1stJohn "this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments, and they are not burdensome"

Guest Judas Machabeus
4 minutes ago, heretoeternity said:

Good...and John also says in 1stJohn "this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments, and they are not burdensome"

I'm confused. Are you arguing my point. If so what point am I arguing ;)

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  480
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

You don't know?   Enlighten me please...:huh:

Guest shiloh357

Habitual sinners, those who show no evidence of salvation, were never saved to start with.   Our problem is that we take for granted claims of salvation without question, without challenge.   I John and II John were written so that we could know the difference between true and false professions of faith.

There are people who claim to be "Christians"  for reasons that have nothing to do with Jesus.  They have religion, but not Jesus. 

If a person claims to have Christ but neglects Scripture, lives sinfully on a regular basis, and gets offended if you challenge their claim of being a Christian, you have a good indication that they are not saved.

If someone challenges your faith, and you are a genuine follower of Christ, that should not offend you.   It should never offend a genuine beleiver if someone challenges their profession of faith.   If anything, it is a perfect time to give your testimony.  

If person A comes up to person B and says, "How do you know you're a Christian?" And person B responds with, ,"How dare you!!!"  That tells you what you need to know.   An authentic follower of Jesus will respond with their testimony of salvation.

We have to stop thinking that a profession of faith equals genuine faith, or genuine salvation.

And to the "sin lists"  that the OP rattled off...   Those lists were not given to warn Christians that they were going to lose salvation.   Rather, they were given to draw the line of distinction between those who practiced those sins and prove they are not in the Kingdom,  and authentic followers of Jesus.   Those who practice sin regularly, prove they are unregenerate.   

If someone's idea of what it means to be a Christian is wrapped up in their participation in the external Christian community, they are in danger of losing their life in Hell when they step out into eternity.  And those are the hardest people to witness to, because they mentally assent to the correct teachings, but have never embraced Christ.  They do good things and do the right things, but have never put faith in Jesus for salvation.   They mistake mental assent for authentic faith.  And that is a deadly mistake to make.