IGNORED

The “sin lists” in the NT condemn all habitual sinners!

ZacharyB

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  179
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Do you live in a feeling of 'condemnation' because you find yourself not meeting some expectation?   If so, have you asked what that 'expectation' might be? 

Edited by delade3

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

On 7/6/2016 at 5:24 PM, ZacharyB said:

Throughout the Bible, God views sin as indicative of rebellion, disobedience, and unbelief.

Those born-again have been given a new nature by which they are no longer slaves of sin!

And they have been given the Holy Spirit, who has come to help them overcome their sins!

Compared to the OT, God’s born-again people have NO excuse for failure to be overcomers!

1 Corinthians 6:8-10, TLB

“But, instead, you yourselves are the ones who do wrong, cheating others, even your own brothers. Don’t you know that those doing such things have no share in the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who live immoral lives, who are idol worshipers, adulterers or homosexuals — will have no share in his Kingdom. Neither will thieves or greedy people, drunkards, slanderers, or robbers.”

• No habitual sinner will have any part in the Kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:18-24, TLB

“When you are guided by the Holy Spirit, you need no longer force yourself to obey Jewish laws. But when you follow your own wrong inclinations, your lives will produce these evil results: impure thoughts, eagerness for lustful pleasure, idolatry, spiritism, hatred and fighting, jealousy and anger, constant effort to get the best for yourself … and there will be wrong doctrine, envy, murder, drunkenness, wild parties, and all that sort of thing. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God. … Those who belong to Christ have nailed their natural evil desires to his cross and crucified them there.”

• No one who lives/walks in the flesh will inherit the Kingdom of God.

Ephesians 5:3-7, TLB

“Let there be no sex sin, impurity or greed among you. Let no one be able to accuse you of any such things. Dirty stories, foul talk, and coarse jokes — these are not for you. Instead, remind each other of God’s goodness, and be thankful. You can be sure of this: the Kingdom of Christ and of God will never belong to anyone who is impure or greedy, for a greedy person is really

an idol worshiper — he loves and worships the good things of this life more than God. Don’t be fooled by those who try to excuse these sins, for the terrible wrath of God is upon all those who do them. Don’t even associate with such people.”

• No Kingdom of God for them, and are those receiving God’s wrath going to heaven?

Colossians 3:5-8, TLB

“Away then with sinful, earthly things; deaden the evil desires lurking within you; have nothing to do with sexual sin, impurity, lust, and shameful desires; don’t worship the good things of life, for that is idolatry. God’s terrible anger is upon those who do such things. You used to do them when your life was still part of this world; but now is the time to cast off and throw away all these rotten garments of anger, hatred, cursing, and dirty language.”

3:6, NKJV – “Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience”

• Will anyone who receives God’s terrible anger and wrath be going to heaven?

Revelation 21:7-8, TLB

“Everyone who conquers (is victorious, overcomes) will inherit all these blessings, and I will be his God and he will be my son. But cowards who turn back from following me, and those who are unfaithful to me, and the corrupt, and murderers, and the immoral, and those conversing with demons, and idol worshipers and all liars — their doom is in the Lake that burns with fire and sulphur. This is the Second Death.”

• 8 examples of habitual sinners who will be thrown into the Lake of Fire.

Revelation 22:14-15, TLB

“Blessed forever are all who are washing their robes, to have the right to enter in through the gates of the city (the New Jerusalem) and to eat the fruit from the Tree of Life. Outside the city are those who have strayed away from God, and the sorcerers and the immoral and murderers and idolaters, and all who love to lie, and do so.”

22:14-15, NKJV – “Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves

and practices a lie.”

• 6 examples of habitual sinners who will not be allowed to enter the city of the New Jerusalem.

And yet, those who are born of God do not make a habit of sinning do they? 

1 John 3:9"No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 7/6/2016 at 4:24 PM, ZacharyB said:

Throughout the Bible, God views sin as indicative of rebellion, disobedience, and unbelief.

Those born-again have been given a new nature by which they are no longer slaves of sin!

And they have been given the Holy Spirit, who has come to help them overcome their sins!

Compared to the OT, God’s born-again people have NO excuse for failure to be overcomers!

1 Corinthians 6:8-10, TLB

“But, instead, you yourselves are the ones who do wrong, cheating others, even your own brothers. Don’t you know that those doing such things have no share in the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who live immoral lives, who are idol worshipers, adulterers or homosexuals — will have no share in his Kingdom. Neither will thieves or greedy people, drunkards, slanderers, or robbers.”

• No habitual sinner will have any part in the Kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:18-24, TLB

“When you are guided by the Holy Spirit, you need no longer force yourself to obey Jewish laws. But when you follow your own wrong inclinations, your lives will produce these evil results: impure thoughts, eagerness for lustful pleasure, idolatry, spiritism, hatred and fighting, jealousy and anger, constant effort to get the best for yourself … and there will be wrong doctrine, envy, murder, drunkenness, wild parties, and all that sort of thing. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God. … Those who belong to Christ have nailed their natural evil desires to his cross and crucified them there.”

• No one who lives/walks in the flesh will inherit the Kingdom of God.

Ephesians 5:3-7, TLB

“Let there be no sex sin, impurity or greed among you. Let no one be able to accuse you of any such things. Dirty stories, foul talk, and coarse jokes — these are not for you. Instead, remind each other of God’s goodness, and be thankful. You can be sure of this: the Kingdom of Christ and of God will never belong to anyone who is impure or greedy, for a greedy person is really

an idol worshiper — he loves and worships the good things of this life more than God. Don’t be fooled by those who try to excuse these sins, for the terrible wrath of God is upon all those who do them. Don’t even associate with such people.”

• No Kingdom of God for them, and are those receiving God’s wrath going to heaven?

Colossians 3:5-8, TLB

“Away then with sinful, earthly things; deaden the evil desires lurking within you; have nothing to do with sexual sin, impurity, lust, and shameful desires; don’t worship the good things of life, for that is idolatry. God’s terrible anger is upon those who do such things. You used to do them when your life was still part of this world; but now is the time to cast off and throw away all these rotten garments of anger, hatred, cursing, and dirty language.”

3:6, NKJV – “Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience”

• Will anyone who receives God’s terrible anger and wrath be going to heaven?

Revelation 21:7-8, TLB

“Everyone who conquers (is victorious, overcomes) will inherit all these blessings, and I will be his God and he will be my son. But cowards who turn back from following me, and those who are unfaithful to me, and the corrupt, and murderers, and the immoral, and those conversing with demons, and idol worshipers and all liars — their doom is in the Lake that burns with fire and sulphur. This is the Second Death.”

• 8 examples of habitual sinners who will be thrown into the Lake of Fire.

Revelation 22:14-15, TLB

“Blessed forever are all who are washing their robes, to have the right to enter in through the gates of the city (the New Jerusalem) and to eat the fruit from the Tree of Life. Outside the city are those who have strayed away from God, and the sorcerers and the immoral and murderers and idolaters, and all who love to lie, and do so.”

22:14-15, NKJV – “Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves

and practices a lie.”

• 6 examples of habitual sinners who will not be allowed to enter the city of the New Jerusalem.

In the original language(s),  I think this is even more emphatic for TODAY (before dying) - more real,  more force,  more clear.

How many are deceived TODAY ?   See REVELATION Judgment Day: A DAY of SURPRISE for multitudes.  (both those who did GOOD,  and those who did NOT.)

On 3/27/2017 at 10:19 PM, delade3 said:

"Have you ever thought of sin as being part of life and no way of escaping it? "

It is daunting, and common, to think so.   So daunting that even the disciples of JESUS were flabbergasted/ astonished/ despairing at first at some of the words JESUS SPOKE to them.   They exclaimed at some points "HOW THEN CAN WE BE SAVED?! - HOW CAN ANYONE BE SAVED !? " .....

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,237
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,362
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

"Have you ever thought of sin as being part of life and no way of escaping it? "

It is daunting, and common, to think so.   So daunting that even the disciples of JESUS were flabbergasted/ astonished/ despairing at first at some of the words JESUS SPOKE to them.   They exclaimed at some points "HOW THEN CAN WE BE SAVED?! - HOW CAN ANYONE BE SAVED !? " .....

John 8:31-32King James Version (KJV)

31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Guest Judas Machabeus
On 2016-07-06 at 8:08 PM, Rick_Parker said:

People who ascribe to such a doctrine just reject the faith alone doctrine even when it is right there in front of them

not one piece of scripture says by faith alone. Not one!! So why do you insist on calling it faith alone doctrine when it's not. 

I agree that you must have faith, absolutely.  But that isn't the be all to end all. You need to obedient to God and the teachings of Jesus Christ. And  I believe that's the point of the OP. 

This is the point that James is making and interesting enough the ONLY place you find the phrase faith alone and it's says that you are NOT saved by faith alone. 

You can't cherry pick your verses and ignore others. 

Matthew 7:21-24

21 "Not every one who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven
22 On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' 
23 And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.'
24 "Every one then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house upon the rock; 

So ahead and post up all the scripture saying you have faith, because there is more scripture saying you need to be obidient to Christ teachings. You can not earn salvation, but you can faith alone your way into heaven either. You have to live out your faith otherwise your faith is dead. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 8:44 AM, Judas Machabeus said:

You need to obedient to God and the teachings of Jesus Christ. And  I believe that's the point of the OP. 

Obedience doesn't keep you saved, only belief does and the blood of Christ. The work of the cross is finished. Rom 10:9-10. Eph 1:13-14.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

On 12/25/2016 at 4:44 PM, Blue Lotus said:

Rick Parker is sticking to the scriptures. It is you that are not. What it appears you are trying to do is repeatedly push the doctrine of confession and the works based ideology promoted by your church. Which you're entitled to hold as truth.

However, when it conflicts with the gospel Jesus preached and died to deliver for all time, you're going to hear about it from Christians who are not members of your church. As you can see. And it is odd that you'd hope to proselytize your church here as if the Christian members of Worthy are not saved and thus are in need of your church.

Maybe you should stick to the scriptures and find the truth of God in the teachings of Jesus Christ. 

AMEN! 

I doubt everything Jesus and the diciples taught, encouraged and commanded was nullified by part of a verse in ephesians 2 and 1 verse of romans 10 and one verse of john 3.

The gospel is Jesus. Jesus proclaimed the kingdom of our Father and the fullfillment of Gods promises. The diciples good new (gospel)was the good news of Messiah. John 17 is what our Lords prayer for the believers of the message of his diciples. Christ in us making the Father known to us so we could see Christ in Glory.

Now to say we have no sin and have righteouness apart from Christ obviously would make us a liar.

The work of the Holy Spirit and Chirist in us is to renew our mind and restore a right spirit in us and keep us and reconsile us to our Father (who condemned all men to death for one sin but saves many through one act of righteousness) the Holy Spirit convicts us concerning sin, righteousness and judgment, teaches us and leads us and guides us in truth.  With Christ making God known to us we see the goodness of God in his principles and laws and Christ empowers us to learn and walk in his ways.  Because those who love God keep his comnands. We love because he first loved us of course.

To reject the correcttion and edification of scripture, the ministry of the Holy Spirit and the work of Christ who is righteous in us is just pure foolishness, lack of Faith in Christs work or flat out rebellion.

Babies arnt born to suckle, wear diapers and be carried all their life but they are loved arnt they? They are not expected to walk yet?

Well we are born again by heavenly seed, an eternal seed. If you dont reject understanding of course God has put life (heavenly seed)in us that will grow but he also gave us care and repair instructions.

Edited by Reinitin

46 minutes ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Obedience doesn't keep you saved, only belief does and the blood of Christ. The work of the cross is finished. Rom 10:9-10. Eph 1:13-14.

.... there is a sin that leads to death - do not pray for this sin. 

.... there is a sin that does not lead to death...  pray concerning this...

In Corinth,  many were sick and died,  because of sin.  (in the assembly of ekklesia) ....

Likewise in the 7 letters to the assemblies or messengers,  many are identified who perish due to SIN....

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  480
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

John in 1st John says "sin is transgression of God's law".....Rev12 says salvation is for those who have the testimony of Jesus and keep the commandments of God.