• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, WilliamL said:

however, the pastor is much more out of line for promoting a manner of fellowship that did not originate with the Apostolic Church,

I am unsure has how you have come to the conclusion that the pastor is out of line in his manner of fellowship. The pastor didn't do anything when the guy added his own words to his sermon. He just let him say what he said then he went on with the rest of his sermon. It seems I was the one that was bothered by his interruption. Perhapes the hang up is on me. As I said I am far from a perfect yet willing to try to do better.  As for asking questions, and disagreeing with the pastor's sermon; everyone is free to do so. But maybe not in the middle of the sermon. If I let go every thought in my head while the pastor was speaking we would never get out of church. This post has gotten a little out of hand I feel. Now our poor pastor is being judged as being out of line and he didn't do anything. There are times when our pastor does ask for feedback from congregation. He may say something like "how do you all feel about this..." then he looks at us and waits for us to answer. So I'm sorry, but I think you are being a bit hard on my pastor here when you say he is out of line.

Edited by LadyKay

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,142
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

13 hours ago, LadyKay said:

It seems I was the one that was bothered by his interruption. Perhaps the hang up is on me. As I said I am far from a perfect yet willing to try to do better.  As for asking questions, and disagreeing with the pastor's sermon; everyone is free to do so. But maybe not in the middle of the sermon. If I let go every thought in my head while the pastor was speaking we would never get out of church.

Ah, but 'church' used to last all or most of the day, because people were so into sharing with one another, the agape was that strong. Some African churches are like that today, but they are by far the exception.

Now it is timed and programmed so that folks can get it over and done with, and get on with their lives. Because Christianity is in its fall, having become more and more like the world. And when it becomes like the world, people no longer need it. This is what Europe has come to, and America is near to.

13 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Now our poor pastor is being judged as being out of line and he didn't do anything.

He is just doing what he sees everyone else doing, i.e. is "in line" with the norm. But the norm is slowly suffocating the living faith, from whence came the abundant joy and vitality that originally attracted people to the Church.

21 hours ago, WilliamL said:

Ah, but 'church' used to last all or most of the day, because people were so into sharing with one another, the agape was that strong. Some African churches are like that today, but they are by far the exception.

Now it is timed and programmed so that folks can get it over and done with, and get on with their lives. Because Christianity is in its fall, having become more and more like the world. And when it becomes like the world, people no longer need it. This is what Europe has come to, and America is near to.

He is just doing what he sees everyone else doing, i.e. is "in line" with the norm. But the norm is slowly suffocating the living faith, from whence came the abundant joy and vitality that originally attracted people to the Church.

You are passing very negative judgment on my church based on nothing more then me complaining about one person's interrupting. Not only that, but you are negatively passing judgement on my pastor also based on nothing more then my complaint. (Which was really more of a question then a complaint) With all due respect, you have not attended my church, so you do not know anything about my church. But you are trying to paint a picture of my church being unfaithful and unbiblical. That we must have order and order we shall have at all cost. I will tell you that there have been many of times when the Spirit Of The Lord has taken oven in my church. Changing the order of worship and the pastor's sermon. He has even said so himself. Saying I was going to preach on this subject but the Spirit just took over and we wont stop the work of the Spirit. With that said. If you think I was wrong in my complaining about this guy's interruption. I will accept that. As I said I am an in-perfect creature still growing each day in Christ. Learning more and more as I follow him. Which was why I posted this in the first place. Too see if I was in the wrong for what I was thinking. But I do not like that the whole church has been judged as being "rule follower" bass on my own short comings.

Guest Butero

Having been a Pastor, I have seen this first hand.  I would teach the adult Sunday School, and then conduct the worship service.  I loved having interaction during Sunday School.  Ask all the questions you want, and I would gladly stop and answer them.  During the sermon, it is out of order to interrupt with questions.  At least it has been in any church I have been part of.  I don't think there is any right or wrong here.  It is up to the individual church.  Just speaking for myself, I like teaching better than preaching a sermon, so I could easily adapt to a type of service where people ask questions, but I am not so sure that is how the early church did things.  I believe someone would get up there and give a long message with no questions.  It appears that is what Paul was doing when someone fell asleep and fell out of the window.  It was like a long lecture, and I am not so sure that doing away with that altogether is the way to go.  If the message is interesting, I want to hear the speaker rather than those interrupting.  After all, they took the time presumably to study the subject.  I can see both sides, but given the way LadyC described her church, I tend to agree with her view of how things should be done in this instance. 

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,142
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 7/11/2016 at 10:27 AM, WilliamL said:

Nothing in the NT provides for a single pastor to preach a sermon to the assembly every week...

Nothing in the NT provides for a single pastor over a church, period. It is a tradition of men.

Nevertheless, the Lord will use the best people he can find to work with, and do the best possible with them.

20 hours ago, Butero said:

...I am not so sure that is how the early church did things.  I believe someone would get up there and give a long message with no questions.  It appears that is what Paul was doing when someone fell asleep and fell out of the window.  It was like a long lecture, and I am not so sure that doing away with that altogether is the way to go. 

Already answered:

On 7/14/2016 at 7:34 AM, WilliamL said:

The cases you mention are those of evangelism, where ministers of the Gospel travel from place to place. They do not remain in one congregation and preach every week. When someone comes with a special message, they should certainly be given full attention, as befits their special ministry. But in regular fellowship meetings, Paul made clear that everyone should be given opportunity to share, and that no single person should dominate the meeting.

Edited by WilliamL

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

On July 11, 2016 at 0:06 AM, RustyAngeL said:

No Lady it's not you.  To interrupt during the sermon is just plain out of line.  He needs to be taken aside by one of the men in the church plus the pastor and set straight.  If  he continues to do this I think he should be asked to leave.  This sounds like a pattern with him.  I don't know how big your church is but if there is someone there who is not saved it could hinder them from coming to the Lord.  No this is just ten miles out of line. 

Never, never, ask someone to leave a church. It is hurtful, not godly, and I cannot imagine Jesus doing that, and it may drive others away. Let the minister agree and add it to his sermon..or better yet ask the man to give the next week's sermon once approved by the minister, but never, ask someone to leave. 

No one is going to ask anyone to leave.

Guest Butero
8 hours ago, WilliamL said:

Nothing in the NT provides for a single pastor over a church, period. It is a tradition of men.

Nevertheless, the Lord will use the best people he can find to work with, and do the best possible with them.

Already answered:

Paul didn't say there should be no order.  You can have the Pastor give his sermon with no interruptions and still allow others to participate in the service.  It is just a question of doing things decent and in order. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

8 hours ago, Littlelambseativy said:

Never, never, ask someone to leave a church. It is hurtful, not godly, and I cannot imagine Jesus doing that, and it may drive others away.

To be honest, I cannot imagine Jesus turning over tables and making a whip!

2 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

To be honest, I cannot imagine Jesus turning over tables and making a whip!

Uh it really isn't so bad that this has to happen. :shocked: