• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, Thallasa said:

Who, I Wonder wrote Hebews ?

What if you could believe that the Holy Spirit wrote Hebrews while Paul was just the writer putting down the words of God?  Would that convince you?  Well that in fact is the truth (2 Tim 3:16,17).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

My pastor is not God.  And the verse you are quoting applies to our laws of government.

No, pastors are not God but God has delegated them authority over their flocks. 

Yes, and your Christianity is being judged because you are the one who said your refuse to listen to your pastor.  The fact that you misapplied that quoted verse to government reveals that you really need to get some insight into what Scripture teaches about pastor/elder/bishops, and then give heed to that teaching.  Unless you prefer to bring a protest sign to your church!

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.68
  • Days Won:  25

the role of the pastor..

1 Peter 5:3 ESV / 

Not domineering over those in your charge, but being examples to the flock.

2 Timothy 4:2 ESV / 

Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching

The pastor is the shepherd, not the boss.  A shepherd leads his flock, he does not drive them.  Too many pastors think they are kings, when they should be the servants.

Guest Thallasa
5 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I refuse to blindly obey and follow a pastor just because he is a pastor.

Yes there are hundreds of thousands of Pastors , most having some  difference on the meaning  verses in the bible . But there is only One God , and One Holy Spirit who guides .So in the end it is us and the H.S.

This 'command 'to obey pastors in everything and the governing authorities was neccessary, as there was no bible written down as such, in the beginning , and revolt against the 'authorities ' would have caused anarchy .

Once, and it took some time to establish , there was the Bible and the recognised doctrine of the Nicene Creed ,a Pastor was not there to dictate , but to guide and to hold the Church together , in some kind of Order .

Since this was written in Romans etc . there have been several révolutions , Civil wars ,and,  the Reformation ,which brought about so many different positions, on  'God's word  . Or rather how to Organise  God's Church , which is not the same as the Theology at all .

This Advice , is just that . It cannot be , and is Not, a commandment  .

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

44 minutes ago, Ezra said:

No, pastors are not God but God has delegated them authority over their flocks. 

Yes, and your Christianity is being judged because you are the one who said your refuse to listen to your pastor.  The fact that you misapplied that quoted verse to government reveals that you really need to get some insight into what Scripture teaches about pastor/elder/bishops, and then give heed to that teaching.  Unless you prefer to bring a protest sign to your church!

See. This is what happens to me on here all the time. I interpret a Bible verse differently.  Get a different message from a Bible verse and suddenly I am a bad Christian. I just asked a question. I did not come here to be judge. But I guess that is what happens when you ask a question and you disagree with someone's answer. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

On August 6, 2016 at 1:12 PM, Willa said:

Vine says this:[ B-2,Verb,G3982, peitho ] 
"to persuade, to win over," in the Passive and Middle Voices, "to be persuaded, to listen to, to obey," is so used with this meaning, in the Middle Voice, e.g., in Acts 5:36-Acts 5:37 (in Acts 5:40, Passive Voice, "they agreed"); Romans 2:8; Galatians 5:7; Hebrews 13:17; James 3:3. The "obedience" suggested is not by submission to authority, but resulting from persuasion. 
"Peitho and pisteuo" 'to trust,' are closely related etymologically; the difference in meaning is that the former implies the obedience that is produced by the latter.

In most passages the word for submit or obey means to come under authority.  But in Hebrews it means that we should listen to the pastor because we trust him.  He should be giving reasons and attempting to persuade us that a tv show is so corrupt in its values and offensive, perverted or opposed to godliness that we should not watch it.  I have to agree that a pastor should not be so authoritarian and should not presume to run our lives.  There is nothing wrong with his advising us and he is obligated to do so if he cares for us, just as we would advise and caution our adult children.  But often God does speak to us through our husbands, pastors, and others in authority over us.  

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Two points....double edged sword.  

the minister must have watched it.

there are some who tho not having watched it ....would.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1973

On 8/6/2016 at 5:03 PM, LadyKay said:
14 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I refuse to blindly obey and follow a pastor just because he is a pastor.

That is a canard and a complete misrepresentation of my post, you stated that the only person you feel the need to Submit to is God, and I simply pointed that submission to God means submission to those he has placed in authority over you,  and I did so from scripture! I never suggested you 'blindly obey'!  If you had read my post, rather then simply reacting emotionally to it, you would have seen that I carefully laid what submission in this instance means, and I was very clear about going and talking humbly to the pastor about what he said (again there was no hint of blindly obeying)

However when it comes to following a pastor just because he is a pastor, think carefully about that, don't sheep follow a shepherd simply because he is a shepherd. The eldership is what God has given as an earthly leadership of the local church and by coming into membership of that church we place ourselves under their authority and responsibility and we realize that they watch over out souls as those who will have to give an account for their every action in that regard (Heb 13:7) and also that they have willing placed themselves in a position of stricter judgement (James 3:1) for your spiritual benefit. 

To be clear we do not follow our pastors if they seek to lead us contrary to the word of God, but exactly is contrary to the word of God in this regard? Can you put forward a reasonable scriptural argument for watching the program you wish to watch, for example can you show how watching that program edifies (builds you up in your faith), consider "Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another." (Rom 14:19 NKJ)

Now, here is the thing, if you have misrepresented my word in this way, simply because you do not like them, and it is clear that you do not like your pastors teaching either in this regard, what confidence can any of us who have responded here have that you have fairly represented what your pastor said as well?  

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

It seems all I ever do here is open myself up to judgement whenever I post a topic. I just thought that this topic would make a good conversation. But it somehow got turn into a judgement upon myself. That could be my fault for being pulled into it instead of just ignoring it. But anyway it seems that no matter what I post, my Christianity is put to judgment.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.68
  • Days Won:  25

9 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

It seems all I ever do here is open myself up to judgement whenever I post a topic. I just thought that this topic would make a good conversation. But it somehow got turn into a judgement upon myself. That could be my fault for being pulled into it instead of just ignoring it. But anyway it seems that no matter what I post, my Christianity is put to judgment.

Questioning a persons faith is the Christian version of the race card.  It is designed to end questions and silence those that disagree with the accepted views.