• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, woundeddog said:

Gosh-- then Jesus must not be very good at saving people~~~~~~

And whatever can everlasting mean? renewable every week I suppose :)

• Group:  Advanced Member

There can only be one sacrifice for sin, for ALL sin, past, present and future, if that does not work [God forbid] then we have to go back to killing lambs

Ā 

THAT is what Hebrews is all about

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

"There can only be one sacrifice for sin, for ALL sin, past, present and future, if that does not work [God forbid] then we have to go back to killing lambs."

It has worked and His sacrifice is for all men past present and future, BUT if one returns to sin and does not repent one is lost.

There are plenty of warnings by the Holy Spirit in Scripture for saved men to take heed of.

The warnings not to be deceived and fall away or depart from the faith by Jesus. These warning are for saved believing Christians. The unsaved can notĀ depart from a faith they never had!Ā  This devious OSAS lie was created by Satan to trick people into losing their salvation by getting them to believe in the convenience of not having to stay in repentence

Jesus warned His disciples in Matt. 24:4-5, And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
V. 5, For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

AND THIS:

2 Thess. 2:3,Ā Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
V. 4, Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

AND THIS;

2 Peter 2:1, Ā But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

And this;

1 John 3:Ā 7, Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

AND THIS;

I CORINTHIANS 10:12, Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

AND THIS;

I TIMOTHY 4:1, Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

I ask, HOW CANĀ ONE DEPART FROM THE FAITH IFĀ ONE WASĀ NOT SAVED IN THE FIRST PLACE ? ?

Common sense should tell us that, ONLY PEOPLE WHO WERE ONCE SAVED CAN DEPART FROM THE FAITH! One cannot depart from something one never had.

ā€œKnow ye not that ye are the temple of God. . . . If any man defile the temple of God, HIM SHALL GOD DESTROY; for the temple of God is holy, which temple are yeā€

Ā 

(1 Cor. 3:16-18; 6:9-11, 19,20).

Ā 

This passage applies only to Christians, as sinners do not have the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:9).

Ā 

Romans 8: 9, ā€œBut ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.ā€

Ā 

This is an untruth if God would not do what He said through Paul. . . . . .Ā  Some did defile themselves and they lost their eternal life. (Read Tit. 1:15; Heb. 12:12-15; Rev. 3:4, 5; 21:27).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings HAZARD

Ā  Ā  Ā May as well jump in here,I agree that OSAS can be a dangerous mindset.....& yes,the FICKLE Galatians were indeed being addressed and we can learn much by staying in context with the knowledge of WHO was being spoken to & WHY.......I will never understand why this is difficult for so many & why everyone usually jumps to the conclusions that you don't believe Jesus Finished Work on the Cross? Of course His Sacrifice is enough,ONCE.......BUT,BELIEVERS are not exempt from stumbling,falling,sinning,transgression .....which CAN lead to "giving up" SALVATION.....Of course one cannot LOSE their SAlvation like you can lose the keys to your house or car,by mistake.....it is a much more willful & deliberate action that will lead the Believer to Fall from Grace.... Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā With love-in Christ,Kwik

Guest shiloh357

I never ceased to be amazed at how people who did not have the power to get themselves saved through their works, think their works are suddenly good enough to keep them saved.Ā  If God didn't need your help saving you, He doesn't need your help keeping you saved.

We are not partners with God in salvation.Ā  We have nothing to offer Him and nothing He wants in terms of our assistance in salvation.Ā  Our best works on our best days, Isaiah calls "filthy (menstrual) rags.Ā Ā  That's how God sees our works.

Why would anyone think that God expects us to work hard enough or good enough to keep ourselves saved when our best efforts are nothing but garbage?

Human pride still wants to rob God of His glory.Ā Ā  Human pride wants to deserve salvation so that we can boast about how holy we are and that is our hand, our power, our righteousness kept us saved.Ā Ā  Human pride says, "It's not God that kept me saved.Ā  It was me.Ā Ā  I worked hard and I will get to heaven because I was good enough.Ā  Jesus helped a little bit, and He's okay, I guess...Ā  but I was the one who really kept me saved."

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

14 hours ago, HAZARD said:

I TIMOTHY 4:1, Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

I ask, HOW CANĀ ONE DEPART FROM THE FAITH IFĀ ONE WASĀ NOT SAVED IN THE FIRST PLACE ? ?

Common sense should tell us that, ONLY PEOPLE WHO WERE ONCE SAVED CAN DEPART FROM THE FAITH! One cannot depart from something one never had.

:emot-heartbeat:

Amen
The Faith

In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness. For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.

What then? Shall we sin because we are not under the law but under grace? By no means! Donā€™t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obeyā€”whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness? But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you have come to obey from your heart the pattern of teaching that has now claimed your allegiance. You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. Romans 6:11-18 (New International Version)

Wonderful News Brother

Or do you not know, brothersā€”for I am speaking to those who know the lawā€”that the law is binding on a person only as long as he lives? For a married woman is bound by law to her husband while he lives, but if her husband dies she is released from the law of marriage. Accordingly, she will be called an adulteress if she lives with another man while her husband is alive. But if her husband dies, she is free from that law, and if she marries another man she is not an adulteress.

Likewise, my brothers, you also have died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to another, to him who has been raised from the dead, in order that we may bear fruit for God. For while we were living in the flesh, our sinful passions, aroused by the law, were at work in our members to bear fruit for death. But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code.

What then shall we say? That the law is sin? By no means! Yet if it had not been for the law, I would not have known sin. For I would not have known what it is to covet if the law had not said, ā€œYou shall not covet.ā€ But sin, seizing an opportunity through the commandment, produced in me all kinds of covetousness. For apart from the law, sin lies dead. I was once alive apart from the law, but when the commandment came, sin came alive and I died. The very commandment that promised life proved to be death to me. For sin, seizing an opportunity through the commandment, deceived me and through it killed me. So the law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good. Romans 7:1-12 (English Standard Version)

And It Should Indeed Draw Us Closer To God

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. Romans 8:12 (King James Bible)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/16/1961

14 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings HAZARD

Ā  Ā  Ā May as well jump in here,I agree that OSAS can be a dangerous mindset.....& yes,the FICKLE Galatians were indeed being addressed and we can learn much by staying in context with the knowledge of WHO was being spoken to & WHY.......I will never understand why this is difficult for so many & why everyone usually jumps to the conclusions that you don't believe Jesus Finished Work on the Cross? Of course His Sacrifice is enough,ONCE.......BUT,BELIEVERS are not exempt from stumbling,falling,sinning,transgression .....which CAN lead to "giving up" SALVATION.....Of course one cannot LOSE their SAlvation like you can lose the keys to your house or car,by mistake.....it is a much more willful & deliberate action that will lead the Believer to Fall from Grace.... Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā With love-in Christ,Kwik

Exactly. Just because you are saved does not mean you stop being human. Jesus is the only perfect person to ever live....being a Christian does not mean you become perfect and as such, you can and sometimes do make wrong choices. The judgemental tone in this thread is off the charts. It saddens me that some feel the need to try and dig at those of us who admit to having failures in our Christian walk. That somehow we are 'less' or even not Christian at all because of our humanness.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

I never ceased to be amazed at how people who did not have the power to get themselves saved through their works, think their works are suddenly good enough to keep them saved.Ā  If God didn't need your help saving you, He doesn't need your help keeping you saved.

We are not partners with God in salvation.Ā  We have nothing to offer Him and nothing He wants in terms of our assistance in salvation.Ā  Our best works on our best days, Isaiah calls "filthy (menstrual) rags.Ā Ā  That's how God sees our works.

Why would anyone think that God expects us to work hard enough or good enough to keep ourselves saved when our best efforts are nothing but garbage?

Human pride still wants to rob God of His glory.Ā Ā  Human pride wants to deserve salvation so that we can boast about how holy we are and that is our hand, our power, our righteousness kept us saved.Ā Ā  Human pride says, "It's not God that kept me saved.Ā  It was me.Ā Ā  I worked hard and I will get to heaven because I was good enough.Ā  Jesus helped a little bit, and He's okay, I guess...Ā  but I was the one who really kept me saved."

:mgdetective:

Salvation

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. John 3:16-17

And Sanctification

I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. John 17:15-17

By Man's Efforts Mocks And Stomps On The Blood Of Jesus?

Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: 1 Peter 1:18-19

And Is Pretty Much The Opposite Of Faith

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. Romans 1:17

Is That What You Are

Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit. Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 2 Corinthians 5:5-7

Saying?

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil. It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones. Proverbs 3:5-8

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Great going southrnbyGrace

Yes,that is the heart of the issue here & nearly every time the OSAS Topic comes around. Ā Sometimes I get the impression that it is simply an opportunity to sound Righteous &all knowing on all matters , the chance to be judgemental, vey difficult for me personally to read the comments that suggest a Brother or Sister has less Faith,Trust or the Blessed Assurance of Gods Amazing Grace,saddens me

Ā  Ā HAZARD has never once implied that anyone earns Salvation by any works,folks do tend to talk a lot & "listen" a little. Ā  There are plenty of Scriptures to keep us mindful that Salvation is The Most Precious Gift from God &it is not to be taken for granted.guard your heart & treasure the Grace of God....there is nothing required of us except to Love the Lord with all of our heart.mind & soul .

• Group:  Advanced Member

God has ordered His salvation NOT for the strong, the wise, the people of worth

He has ordered His salvation for the weak, the foolish, for people who are nothing.

It is the trembling lambs who get hurt by the message of conditional salvation, the most precious of God's flock......it is a doctrine that draws a frown from God.