• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,420
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

12 hours ago, one.opinion said:

Do I look at evolution differently from an atheist? Yep, guilty as charged. I believe God used a beautiful, elegant process to bring life to a point that He could eventually create individuals capable of a relationship with Him.

at least you understand your only an opinion... I hope you understand your also in disobedience

2 Cor 10:5
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
KJV

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Days Won:  4

36 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

at least you understand your only an opinion... I hope you understand your also in disobedience

Oh, I’m much more than an opinion, I’m a child of God. But I do recognize what I present here is opinion, and not fact. After all, we ALL “see through a glass darkly” at this time.

This is a list of doctrinal points I gather from Genesis 1-3:

1. God is the omnipotent Creator.

2. God created humanity in a special way. Unlike the rest of God’s creation, humans are intended to have a spiritual relationship with their Creator.

3. Adam and Eve chose their own way over their Creator’s.

4. They brought sin into the world and all of humanity since that time is born with the weight of sin.

5. God has a plan to restore that spiritual relationship with every man, woman, and child.

6. That restoration would be achieved by the redemptive work of Jesus Christ, as He would take on the form of humanity.

If you (or @shiloh357, @Yowm, @Sojourner414) feel I have missed something or find error in the doctrinal points I derive from Genesis 1-3, please let me know.

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

On 3/19/2018 at 6:48 PM, shiloh357 said:

I am not talking about requirements for salvation.   Evidently, you lack the ability to correctly frame my words just like you can't seem to handle the words of Scripture properly either.  

The problem is that it is only "debate" for those who can't bring themselves to trust the Bible as written.    The poetic structure in the Bible  follows the Hebrew poetic structure and that involves parallel structures that do not appear in Genesis.   Genesis is a historical account.   

And furthermore, figurative devices are not limited to poetry and occur in the teachings of Jesus, the epistles of Paul and in biblical prophecies.   So the notion that figurative devices denote poetry simply is not true and is demonstrably false just through a cursory reading of the Bible. 

That's not how it works.  You cannot argue that portions of the account are allegory and other parts are not.   Allegory doesn't operate that way.   

Furthermore, and this seems to escape you at every turn, if you are going to claim something is allegory, then you actually need to provide evidence of allegory.   So far, you cannot provide evidence of Hebrew poetic structure, nor can you demonstrate that the Bible indicates allegory is being used.

In addition, allegory is not an interpretative method.  No one interprets anything allegorical; that would be nonsensical.   Allegory is a teaching tool, where the author tells us what each element in the story represents.   You do not find that in Genesis 1-3.   

The reader doesn't get to decide what a story means, nor does the reader get to decide that something is allegorical simply because the literal meaning makes him uncomfortable and doesn't fit his preferred narrative.   The author supplies the meaning and only the author can tell us when something is allegorical.

Sorry brother, but the bible itself says explicitly that Adam is an allegory.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.09
  • Days Won:  4

52 minutes ago, Yowm said:

But according to your earlier statements, these are most likely speaking 'figuratively'...I suppose sin (#4) is included?

No, I believe these points quite literally. Again, do you find any issues with these, or feel I have missed something important?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.29
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Sister even the baby kittens got nervous  .   I know you know adam was real.   But some going to think you mean he was not .

I kid not when I read that I heard the baby kitten actually meow.     Of course it was for their mother .  but make sure you let them know that you KNOW adam as real.

I know their is an allegory spoken of later .   But just make sure you let them know you know adam physically existed.  Or they gonna use this against you.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
10 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

No, it doesn't. Adam was a real, historical person.   You simply have no discernment in these things.

6 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Sister even the baby kittens got nervous  .   I know you know adam was real.   But some going to think you mean he was not .

I kid not when I read that I heard the baby kitten actually meow.     Of course it was for their mother .  but make sure you let them know that you KNOW adam as real.

I know their is an allegory spoken of later .   But just make sure you let them know you know adam physically existed.  Or they gonna use this against you.

Sorry to make the kitten nervous brother.....or maybe it was just shouting out a little hallelujah in kitten language, lol....... you have to know I'm going to provoke some from time to time to dig a little deeper.....didn't our Saviour do that? .....not to mention that His word tests our hearts.....and sometimes I just have to say hoo boy, does it ever do that!  and yes of course Adam existed, but the bible does say absolutely explicitly that he was a figure (allegory) of he who was to come.  Therefore in that one little verse is proof that to say there is no allegory in Genesis is simply wrong.  God's word is so rich and full of spiritual lessons for us to learn........it was written down as a living parable to learn spiritual lessons from, not as a history or science book, even though I fully believe it is historically correct when we understand it properly.......because God does not lie, no never.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, it doesn't. Adam was a real, historical person.   You simply have no discernment in these things.

oh don't I? .....guess I can't read either......where it says Adam was a figure of he who was to come.  Look it up brother and see if you need to re-calibrate your thinking.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.29
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 minute ago, Heleadethme said:

Sorry to make the kitten nervous brother.....or maybe it was just shouting out a little hallelujah in kitten language, lol....... you have to know I'm going to provoke some from time to time to dig a little deeper.....didn't our Saviour do that? .....not to mention that His word tests our hearts.....and sometimes I just have to say hoo boy, does it ever do that!  and yes of course Adam existed, but the bible does say absolutely explicitly that he was a figure (allegory) of he who was to come.  Therefore in that one little verse is proof that to say there is no allegory in Genesis is simply wrong.  God's word is so rich and full of spiritual lessons for us to learn........it was written down as a living parable to learn spiritual lessons from, not as a history or science book, even though I fully believe it is historically correct when we understand it properly.......because God does not lie, no never.

It was just funny that when I had read that , I heard all the babies meow .   Course it was for mama.  

Ps.  sis one gets a nickname .    Okay back to the subject at hand .     Glad you explained that .  cause many would have used that against you .

Course I knew YOU KNEW adam was real .    but its better to explain it than just to say that short line you did .     You loved sister .   

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Heleadethme said:

oh don't I? .....guess I can't read either......where it says Adam was a figure of he who was to come.  Look it up brother and see if you need to re-calibrate your thinking.

That is referring to a type or shadow, not an allegory.   You clearly don't know what you're talking about and as I said, you have no discernment.