missmuffet

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

God warns those unbelievers who have become aware of their need for eternal security, then back away. Perhaps they reconsider, mentally, then back away again. Their awareness is the prompting of the Holy Spirit to come to Jesus as Savior. He leads the way through Romans 10:8-13. It is a straight-forward Spiritual avenue to Salvation by Grace through Faith, the everlasting GIFT of God, identifying that one who confesses it as Believer, saved, secure, eternally, known as the Righteousness of God in Christ. Rejecting the GIFT prior to that confession is apostasy, "backing away," having come to the awareness of that Truth, then the unbeliever failing to accept the GIFT. God warns them NOT to back away, but to confess the Spiritual reality of His calling: Spiritual calling, awareness, plus confession. Failure to do that is apostasy. It has nothing to do with an authentic Christian losing salvation. Not one authentically born-again Christian will lose eternal security. They will never be at the Great White Throne Judgment. On the contrary, st the Judgment Seat of Christ their Spiritually-blessed witness to unbelievers will be rewarded; their failure to witness will result in many rewards withdrawn. Nevertheless, we shall see Jesus, just as He is. Justified, sanctified, soon to be glorified. May God bless that everyone approach Scripture embraced by the Holy Spirit, never mentally, mechanically.

(Those who are considering American citizenship are urged not to back away).

Edited by Dok
Font

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1953

The answer to the OP is found in Heb 6:4-6

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

John 5:38-43
38 And ye have not His word abiding in you: for whom He hath sent, Him ye believe not.

39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of Me.

40 And ye will not come to Me, that ye might have life.

41 I receive not honour from men.

42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.

43 I am come in My Father's name, and ye receive Me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
KJV

I always remembered that statement Jesus said to the unbelieving Jews, "... if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive."

The unbelieving received not the love of the Truth, the Truth being The Gospel of Jesus Christ and all the good things of God associated, especially His Word of Truth. The false prophets do not care about God's Truth. They instead make up lies to replace God's Truth.

God is especially sending the coming Antichrist to those unbelieving Jews. And it's the Antichrist's workers that are preparing the world for his coming to play God in Jerusalem.

2 Thess.2 makes this concept of a false one coming to work great signs and wonders to deceive those who received not the love of the truth as one of the main themes of that Bible chapter. I don't see how it could be missed by that coming Antichrist exalting himself as God and to be worshiped as God being what will cause that great apostasy ("falling away") of many of God's people in the last days.

Recall Zechariah 12 about the deceived of God's people mourning for Christ when He appears on the last day. Recall what Paul said in Romans 11 that all Israel will be saved when the fulness of the Gentiles comes in (day of Christ's coming).

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, Salty said:

2 Thess.2 makes this concept of a false one coming to work great signs and wonders to deceive those who received not the love of the truth as one of the main themes of that Bible chapter. I don't see how it could be missed by that coming Antichrist exalting himself as God and to be worshiped as God being what will cause that great apostasy ("falling away") of many of God's people in the last days.

Great insights. I have one question: When you write, "will cause that great apostasy ("falling away") of many of God's people in the last days," are you saying that authentic Christians, those "born again" or "Spiritually Birthed," can lose their eternal salvation? Thanks!

I'm also interested in your song writing. I'll get back to you on that. 

Edited by Dok

9 hours ago, Dok said:

Great insights. I have one question: When you write, "will cause that great apostasy ("falling away") of many of God's people in the last days," are you saying that authentic Christians, those "born again" or "Spiritually Birthed," can lose their eternal salvation? Thanks!

I'm also interested in your song writing. I'll get back to you on that. 

Paul's idea of apostasia there certainly is not about unbelievers turning away from Christ that never knew Him in the first place. It is about deceived brethren who fall away to accept that coming Antichrist instead.

Do you recall Jesus said that false one will work great signs and wonders that if possible, it would deceive His very elect? (Matt.24:23-26) If that Antichrist's working is going to be that powerful in deception to Christ's very elect servants which He has sealed away from deception, then how will that affect brethren that are weak in the Faith?

The main event for the end of this world is that Antichrist/pseudo-Messiah coming to play God, and deceive the whole world. It is not about all-out nuclear war or terror, nor a time of chaos like how some preachers wrongly preach. It will be a time when the deceived shall say, "Peace and safety" like Apostle Paul taught for the end (1 Thess.5).

This is what the great tribulation will really be about, i.e., falling to worship the pseudo-Christ in thinking he is God. This is why Jesus said some brethren will be delivered up by their own family members, meaning those family members being deceived to the pseudo-Christ (Mark 13; Matt.10).

On 10/8/2016 at 1:43 AM, Salty said:

God is especially sending the coming Antichrist to those unbelieving Jews. And it's the Antichrist's workers that are preparing the world for his coming to play God in Jerusalem.

Romans 11:26 shows all Israel will be saved, and Revelation 7 & 14 shows by whom God will save those Jews who are not saved at his return.

Edited by StanJ

55 minutes ago, StanJ said:

Romans 11:26 shows all Israel will be saved, and Revelation 7 & 14 shows by whom God will save those Jews who are not saved at his return.

Yes, I'm familiar with what Paul said in Romans 11 about Israel being saved in the end, that is, all of them that turn to our Lord Jesus. Until that time, the majority of Jews today have been blinded by God, which was another part of that subject by Paul in Romans 11.

But the "synagogue of Satan", those represent the crept in unawares not born of Israel. Most of those will not repent, though they still will bow to Christ as Lord during the coming 1,000 year Millennium.

9 hours ago, Salty said:

Yes, I'm familiar with what Paul said in Romans 11 about Israel being saved in the end, that is, all of them that turn to our Lord Jesus. Until that time, the majority of Jews today have been blinded by God, which was another part of that subject by Paul in Romans 11.

But the "synagogue of Satan", those represent the crept in unawares not born of Israel. Most of those will not repent, though they still will bow to Christ as Lord during the coming 1,000 year Millennium.

Jesus came for the lost sheep of Israel and as such those are the ones that Paul talks about in Romans 11 they will be saved. The 144,000 in Revelation 7 and 14 will be the evangelists that Jesus uses to reach the Lost tribes of Israel wherever they may be in the world to enable them to be saved.

3 hours ago, StanJ said:

Jesus came for the lost sheep of Israel and as such those are the ones that Paul talks about in Romans 11 they will be saved. The 144,000 in Revelation 7 and 14 will be the evangelists that Jesus uses to reach the Lost tribes of Israel wherever they may be in the world to enable them to be saved.

I disagree. The "house of Israel" was about the ten tribed northern kingdom of Israel, called the "house of Israel" after God split old Israel into two separate kingdoms, with two separate kings, because of how Solomon had sinned against Him.

See 1 Kings 11 thru 2 Kings 18.

1) election according to grace - those Jews like Paul and the Apostles who believed on Jesus at His first coming, remnants of the ten tribes still in the land, then when The Gospel went to the Gentiles, the Gospel was also accepted by the majority of the ten lost tribe "house of Israel" scattered among the Gentiles. All these represent Christ's Church today.

2) the majority of unbelieving Jews which is the Israel in part that God blinded away from The Gospel so it could go to the Gentiles. These are not the lost sheep of the house of Israel. They are lost sheep of the house of Judah, i.e., Jews. The title of Jew originated from the tribe of Judah, and only those who lived in Jerusalem/Judea after the split of Israel took that title.

This is a mystery for many because they don't study their Old Testament history, but just listen to men's doctrines instead.

The 144,000 of Rev.7 represent mostly ten lost tribe Israelites of the house of Israel scattered among the Gentiles. Only the tribes of Judah, Benjamin, and Levi represent the Jews of the house of Judah. All of them are sealed with God's sealing for the tribulation, and they all represent part of Christ's Church.

The "great multitude" spoken of next in that Rev.7 chapter represent the believing Gentiles who are elect too, and are also sealed with God's sealing to go through the great tribulation and be overcomers in Christ.

Even in Romans 11, Paul maintains the separation of God's promises to Israel compared to believing Gentiles joined with God's Israel as one body in Christ Jesus. Rev.7 shows that same separation by marking the 144,000 of the children of Israel first, and then the believing Gentiles.

17 hours ago, Salty said:

I disagree. The "house of Israel" was about the ten tribed northern kingdom of Israel, called the "house of Israel" after God split old Israel into two separate kingdoms, with two separate kings, because of how Solomon had sinned against Him.

See 1 Kings 11 thru 2 Kings 18.

1) election according to grace - those Jews like Paul and the Apostles who believed on Jesus at His first coming, remnants of the ten tribes still in the land, then when The Gospel went to the Gentiles, the Gospel was also accepted by the majority of the ten lost tribe "house of Israel" scattered among the Gentiles. All these represent Christ's Church today.

2) the majority of unbelieving Jews which is the Israel in part that God blinded away from The Gospel so it could go to the Gentiles. These are not the lost sheep of the house of Israel. They are lost sheep of the house of Judah, i.e., Jews. The title of Jew originated from the tribe of Judah, and only those who lived in Jerusalem/Judea after the split of Israel took that title.

This is a mystery for many because they don't study their Old Testament history, but just listen to men's doctrines instead.

The 144,000 of Rev.7 represent mostly ten lost tribe Israelites of the house of Israel scattered among the Gentiles. Only the tribes of Judah, Benjamin, and Levi represent the Jews of the house of Judah. All of them are sealed with God's sealing for the tribulation, and they all represent part of Christ's Church.

The "great multitude" spoken of next in that Rev.7 chapter represent the believing Gentiles who are elect too, and are also sealed with God's sealing to go through the great tribulation and be overcomers in Christ.

Even in Romans 11, Paul maintains the separation of God's promises to Israel compared to believing Gentiles joined with God's Israel as one body in Christ Jesus. Rev.7 shows that same separation by marking the 144,000 of the children of Israel first, and then the believing Gentiles.

I'm not talking about the house of Israel I'm talking about the lost sheep of Israel who are the 12 tribes as referred to in Revelation 7 and 14. God knows what he's talking about and I'm not going to get caught up in semantics.

The hundred and forty four thousand Jewish male virgins in Revelation 7 and 14 for the purpose of evangelizing lost sheep of Israel and have nothing to do with the Gentiles. Remember Jesus said there were two sheet pens, not just one. Gentiles are not subject to the same promises that God made to the nation of Israel under the Old Covenant.