• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

2 hours ago, artsylady said:

I don't know where you've been reading but water seems to be the biggest part of it.

And yes, I agree. Once again the love of money being the root of all evil.  It's greed that is preventing renewable energy from being explored and expanded upon.    They won't make money or as much of it if it's renewable.  And the greedy oil companies will make far less of it.  

What are the drawbacks of renewable energy?   I can see drawbacks to the rich oil companies and to Saudi Arabia but I haven't considered drawbacks to it.

The drawbacks to renewable energy is the theoretical possibility of it being economically viable are always proven wrong in the real world, and this is after very large amounts of tax dollars are contributed to all these projects.  Ethanol was pushed as a financially viable alternative to oil products, yet it has only contributed to increased fuel cost, increased fuel system component cost, decreased shelf life of fuel, the mandated usage of a source of food, decreased fuel economy, and some reports indicate it consumes as much or more energy to convert to fuel.  The free market, or your average citizen, will not support any of these.  Only tax dollars being spent that our government really does not even have.  What happens if you spend more money every year than you earn?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, hmbld said:

Renewable energy sounds great, but only the rich can actually afford it.  They can not stand on their own.  I've seen newer reports than the one I'll link here, but can't seem to locate them right now.

Like I said, more dollars need to go into it to make it more affordable and efficient. 

"In addition to the federal government, which has spent $150 billion in the last five years, states also heavily subsidize the industry by offering tax breaks and 538 rebate programs.

However, solar energy will only contribute 0.6 percent of total U.S. electricity generation in 2015, the TPA’s report said.

I don't have a lot of time to read the subsidies link, but isn't this just  about subsides to those individuals getting solar?    Not what I meant at all.  I mean grants to scientists, engineers, innovators.  Not just solar either... wind, water, whatever.   Oil is not a renewable resource.  It's going to keep rising in price.

Just now, hmbld said:

The drawbacks to renewable energy is the theoretical possibility of it being economically viable are always proven wrong in the real world, and this is after very large amounts of tax dollars are contributed to all these projects.  Ethanol was pushed as a financially viable alternative to oil products, yet it has only contributed to increased fuel cost, increased fuel system component cost, decreased shelf life of fuel, the mandated usage of a source of food, decreased fuel economy, and some reports indicate it consumes as much or more energy to convert to fuel.  The free market, or your average citizen, will not support any of these.  Only tax dollars being spent that our government really does not even have.  What happens if you spend more money every year than you earn?

I don't mean tax dollars.  I mean grants.  How about purely the grant money spent on trying to prove evolution?   Billions a year I am sure.  THIS is more important.  Once again, I am talking about innovators finding ways to MAKE it more affordable.  They can do it.  However are dependent on oil for a reason. 

Is anyone watching the videos?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,234
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

7 minutes ago, artsylady said:

Like I said, there should be more effort and more monies being put into making renewable energy more affordable, accessible, efficient.   I guess you missed that.  Since oil is NOT  a renewable resource, it will continue to rise in price as we continue to be dependent on it.

Many oil  research people have decided that oil may actually be Abiotic.....    the core of the earth is actually replacing the oil we have pumped out of the ground.     I know of several smaller fields in Oklahoma that were pumped dry back in the 60's that have started producing again at about the same levels they were at when first found.

Oil may well not be a finite resource.

Ayin Jade:  Did you watch the videos?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

3 minutes ago, artsylady said:

I don't mean tax dollars.  I mean grants.  How about purely the grant money spent on trying to prove evolution?   Billions a year I am sure.  THIS is more important.  Once again, I am talking about innovators finding ways to MAKE it more affordable.  They can do it.  However are dependent on oil for a reason. 

Grants are tax dollars, or government debt actually.  

"Today the Energy Department announced up to $107 million in new projects and planned funding in order to support America's continued leadership in clean energy innovation through solar technology."

http://energy.gov/eere/articles/energy-department-announces-107-million-innovative-projects-and-new-funding-advance

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,234
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

24 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Pfft you know the govt wont do that for older folks. When janet napolitano was governor here and she was told her plans for pushing renewable energy would increase costs to older folks, she said who cares. Thats how much the dems care about poor old folks.

that seems to be her way of fixing Social Security also.......   it would be good for us to just go home and die.

One video was deleted due to a swear word which is not allowed,  but if you want to see it, go to Youtube, copy and paste this. "dakota access pipeline:  Time to listen to native americans"  Please watch the videos before you comment as these sum things up fairly well and I don't have a lot of time to keep talking about this.  Thank you.:emot-heartbeat:

7 minutes ago, hmbld said:

Grants are tax dollars, or government debt actually.  

"Today the Energy Department announced up to $107 million in new projects and planned funding in order to support America's continued leadership in clean energy innovation through solar technology."

http://energy.gov/eere/articles/energy-department-announces-107-million-innovative-projects-and-new-funding-advance

Well that's good.  But not enough.  Like I said, take it away from funding that goes toward proving evolution as THIS is more important!  Really, you're against seeing renewable energy developed?  I don't understand??