Have I blasphemed the spirit? HELP

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

WELL DENYING TID PROMPTINGS TO SALVATION WAS EXACTLY WHAT I DID WASN'T IT? SO THEN I MUST BE DAMNED

Yes but abdicate... You said that denying the PROMPTINGS TO salvation is unforgivable whichĀ means it is unforgivable ifĀ you doĀ not repent right? I did not repent I fell away instead and denied tid promptings for 1.5 years. SoĀ to me when Reading about the unforgivable sin it seems that is what I have done... So. Now I despair... I pray and pray but I feel cursed

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

1 hour ago, Beebert said:

but I feel cursed

if you have prayed and prayed and prayed- for forgiveness and a new heart- or different attitude or even just cried " Jesus Save Me"== and you still "FEEL" cursed-- its because Satan does not want you to KNOW you are saved--- feelings don't save us-- they are strong and trickey and Satan uses them to mess us up-- its the word of God that counts- not our feelings. " Romans says "Whoever calls on the name of the Lord SHALL be saved"- if you have called on the Lord to save you--- you ARE saved--Its Gods promise to you and he does not lie~~~~~~Ā your feelings will catch up. don't let our enemy steal your joy--- your past issues are nothing compared to how strong Jesus' power to save is---- trust him like a little child would and relax and learn to enjoy your relationship that he gives you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1953

6 hours ago, woundeddog said:

The miracles he was doing were to validate his authority when he claimed to be the Son of God. He was doing the miracles by the power of the Holy Spirit. When they said he was doing them by the power of Satan- they were saying Jesus is not God. The Holy Spirit witnesses that Jesus IS God-- By saying they were done by Satans power they were calling the Holy Spirit a liar~~~~Ā the only way a person can be saved is to believe that Jesus is God--if you dont believe that you cant be saved--- hence the "Unpardonable Sin"

No sorry again you're not reading the scriptures in the right context. The Holy Spirit was doing the healing which is why Jesus warned them not to blaspheme the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is God, just as Jesus Is God, and just as a father is God. The Holy Spirit is not an instrument for Jesus to use, he is himself God. A person cannot sin if he is not saved. Salvation is required to receive eternal life. Once a person is saved all their sins are forgiven but for the sin of blasphemy which will not be forgiven.

Ā 

9 hours ago, Beebert said:

But I don't think I was saved... I was ENLIGHTENED. I had go repent but didn't. I sinnedĀ instead. Of course I have been worried but mostly I have been hiding from myself and God. So isn't that being a repobrate? Because I don't feel conviciton in the same way sasĀ I did 1.5 years ago, Ā I rather feel despair over the realization of what I have done...

Being enlightened is the same as being saved so if you don't think you were saved then you weren't invited either. Hebrews 6:4-6

Nobody can hide from God comedy is everywhere. You may want to shut yourself off from God but that is your doing. You either want God in your life or you don't want God in your life but the choice is still yours and as the Bible says today is the day.

5 hours ago, Abdicate said:

The blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is when you deny His prompting for your salvation. The Holy Spirit's job is the same as any Christian: provide the truth for other to hear and to reconcile .Ā When we obey His prompting, we confess that what HeĀ says is true. To deny His prompting is to say He's lying. Ā If you read that verse in Matthew 12 within the context of Jesus' sermon, you'll see it's about salvation. So why is the Holy Spirit given to us in the first place?

Don't want to take away from the purpose of @Beebertposting here, but this is absolutely erroneous.

Nobody can come to Jesus unlessĀ the Father drawsĀ them,Ā John 6:44, not the Holy Spirit.

The context of Matthew 12 regarding blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, is healingĀ not salvation. V22

Edited by StanJ

But I would have been healed if I confessed. I would have been Born again that wasĀ truly a conviciton I had. I have vad a tendency to dwell on theĀ past and trying to controlny Environment, trying to create a Self based on accomplishment. I realized Christ would heal me from ALL this if I confessed to this girl and repented. BUT I was a coward and went into the relationship instead. And now my problems are ofĀ course much worse because now I even dwell over the past of not going toĀ Jesus 1.5 years ago... Isn't that then to have blasphemed the spirit? But if I say hereĀ and now that I want to be with Christ and I know he is God. Can I really have comitted this sin anyway?

Lutheran John Mueller explains that the sin is "committed only when the Holy Spirit has clearly revealed the divine truth to the sinner and the sinner nevertheless utters blasphemies against it."5Ā He notes that most dogmaticians6Ā in his tradition "teach that the sin against the Holy Ghost can be committed only by those who were regernerated," with the exception of those who argue that it can also occur in the unregenerate "in the very moment when the Holy Ghost is about to convert them."

ThisĀ for example... The holy ghost was about to convert me 1.5 years ago but I fell Into sin instead

34 minutes ago, Beebert said:

But I would have been healed if I confessed. I would have been Born again that wasĀ truly a conviciton I had. I have vad a tendency to dwell on theĀ past and trying to controlny Environment, trying to create a Self based on accomplishment. I realized Christ would heal me from ALL this if I confessed to this girl and repented. BUT I was a coward and went into the relationship instead. And now my problems are ofĀ course much worse because now I even dwell over the past of not going toĀ Jesus 1.5 years ago... Isn't that then to have blasphemed the spirit? But if I say hereĀ and now that I want to be with Christ and I know he is God. Can I really have comitted this sin anyway?

You just answered your own question. Do you recognize Jesus is the Christ and God and your savior and you want them to be. The confession that you just made here on Worthy is exactly what Paul instructs us to do in Romans 10:9 - 11

Ā 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

2 hours ago, StanJ said:

A person cannot sin if he is not saved

^ What????