• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Benchley said:

Proverbs 31 does not exemplify any of my personal activities, because fortunately I am not a woman.  It does document how I view all women compared to a superior Biblical standard.

Many of the duties outlined in Proverbs 31:10-31 are mutual; they apply to BOTH men and women. Christian husbands should also 
- do their spouses good: Luke 6:27,35 He 13:16

- and not harm: Eph 5:25, Ro 13:10

- work with their hands: 1 The 4:11

- not be idle: 2 The 3:6-12, 1  The 5:14    

- speak with wisdom: Pr 10:31, Ps 37:30, James 1:5

- care for the poor: Mat 25:34-46

- fear the Lord: Ps 112:1 

So while all the duties listed in Proverbs 31:10-31 might not apply to men, these do. They are simply part of the Christian lifestyle, and they apply to BOTH men and women.

Edited by proverbs35
Corrected verse

Guest bonnieschamberger

nebula Im also a night owl and I agree ..I get what your trying to say.I dont really have a" household" per se  but my coworkers know they can call me at 2 am and Ill be up of course lol and will meet them at wafflehouse if they need to talk to someone or just cry into their waffle while I sit there with them...so maybe my talents are a bit different but I wouldnt take back any weird part of me because I know God loves the weird little me he created.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

22 hours ago, Ezra said:

What we can learn from this is that (a) women are not victims and (b) feminism is bogus.

Amen Ezra, I believe that the feminists of this world have hurt women badly, putting us all in the same group.  I was married for 25 years and my husband was very proud of me.  I was I believe a Biblical wife and no trouble being that.

Blessings, RustyAngeL

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

18 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Are you saying this is not a literal "woman"?

Yes, Sister thinks this is some kind of allegory with a mystical hidden meaning which is not evident to the majority of Christians.  I don't buy that.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Are you saying this is not a literal "woman"?

Hi missmuffet

Yes, not literal but symbolic.  It's not about us, but about God's woman.  "She" is symbolic of "truth". 

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

5 hours ago, Ezra said:

Yes, Sister thinks this is some kind of allegory with a mystical hidden meaning which is not evident to the majority of Christians.  I don't buy that.

Ezra,

There are many things in the bible that are literal, but this is not one of them. The bible is a spiritual book.  It often speaks of things concerning the spirit.  In this case, God is glorifying his truth, and depicting it as a loyal marriage between husband and wife just to give an example.  The woman is honoured for her loyalty because she produces good fruits.  Only good can come out of her because truth is there.

The truth does not lie, does not let you down, never disappoints.  The truth is not slack and is loyal.  It will never turn against God, because it can not be spoiled, it has been tested and tried in the fire over and over, it is so pure.  Is this too hard to understand how much God loves his Word and uses poetry to describe it.

It's not about us, we are to seek his truth and be under "her" tent.  "Her" is Zion, depicted as a woman because she produces children....she is "truth". 

Most things are not evident to the majority of Christians, because pride is a big stumbling block.  Pride is like a big wall that stops the truth from getting in. Some can not and will not accept correction or an explanation from a nobody.  Are we not all here to share?

Edited by Sister

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

4 hours ago, Sister said:

Some can not and will not accept correction or an explanation from a nobody. 

When Christians come up with fanciful interpretations, then they are the ones who should accept correction.  The book of Proverbs is essentially a practical book, not an esoteric Gnostic disquisition.  

God has placed before Christian women a balanced role model.  Please see my post that lays it all out in straightforward, practical terms. The book of Proverbs also personifies wisdom elsewhere.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,220
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

There is nothing in the hermeneutic to allow for allegory! Therefore when one inserts this into the text they do so with what authority exactly :noidea: 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

11 hours ago, StanJ said:

Again, in context, this woman was the type of woman that the King's mother wanted for him but that doesn't mean that this is the type of woman that every Christian woman should be or even aspire to be. For a woman of her stature or position as a King's wife it would definitely be expected of and I'm sure it was expected of Diana when she married Charles and I'm sure it's expected of many women who marry into royalty but that does not mean that every woman has to be that type of woman. As Paul voice in his own epistle, we must learn to be content in whatever situation we find ourselves in. 

:thumbsup:

The Royal

"Charm is deceptive, and beauty evaporates, [but] a woman who has the fear of the LORD should be praised.

Reward her for what she has done, and let her achievements praise her at the city gates. Proverbs 31:30-31 (GOD'S WORD® Translation)

Daughters Of The KING

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. Romans 8:15 (King James Bible)

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

4 hours ago, Ezra said:

God has placed before Christian women a balanced role model. 

Why was the Queen mother writing this to her king son?