Flsnookman

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,277
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

One needs to see the Hebrew and Greek language to understand these verses.  There are three places that are translated he'll in English.  One is the place that God put the angels that left there place and came to earth and took wives for themselves, the second is simply the grave, and the third is the firey  place the devil and all his followers will be cast into. 

It is my belief that Jesus preached to the fallen angels and to the dead during those three days his body was in the tomb.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,906
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, other one said:

One needs to see the Hebrew and Greek language to understand these verses.  There are three places that are translated he'll in English.  One is the place that God put the angels that left there place and came to earth and took wives for themselves, the second is simply the grave, and the third is the firey  place the devil and all his followers will be cast into. 

It is my belief that Jesus preached to the fallen angels and to the dead during those three days his body was in the tomb.

At the time of Jesus death we did not have "Hell".

We had  Hades for all the people of the world, till the time when God gave Abraham his own inheritance for him and his offspring which also was in Hades but it was seperated from the rest of the world and it was a peaceful place waiting for their Lord God to come and set them free. 

After Jesus descent in all the parts of the underword, beginning from the bossom of Abraham , and not only to preach the Gospel to the seed of Adam, but to show himself to all, the Devils and invite all to a dwell, to see who can stopped him. 

So everyone can look at the Lord of Lords. 

Jesus change things he took the Keyes of Hades and death. See the key is that of Hades. 

Jesus change the world down there , there is not more Hades and bossom of Abraham anymore. 

There is a new underworld , the old is gone the new has come. 

The Devil lost his power to take and keep there the seed of Adam. 

The Devil can now take and keep there only his own children and there is no way out from there anymore , now this place where the children of the Devil are kept is call Hell. 

And it is not that the Devil can decide whom he is going to take and keep there, but he has to wait for Jesus to decide who has denied to believe in him, and give then to the Devil, the Devil may be the judge of his own after Jesus has given him his children, but not before.

Jesus keeps his own, and the Devil only gets his own, those who died with the denial of Jesus Christ. 

There is not only a new underworld, but there is also a new Heavens. 

No Jesus did not go to Hell and will never go there, the same way that the Devil can not go to where Jesus is.

Jesus went to Hades. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

My study bible says that there were three words used in connection with eternal punishment.

Sheol or "the grave" is Hebrew and was used in the OT to mean the place of the dead, generally thought to be the place of the dead. (Job 24:19, Psalm 16:10, Isaiah 38:10)

Hades is the Greek word for the underworld, the realm of the dead.  It is the word used for Sheol in the NT (Matt. 16:18, Rev. 1:18; 20:13-14).

Hell, or gehenna, was named after the Valley of the Son of Hinnom near Jerusalem, where children were sacrificed by fire to the pagan gods.  This is the place of eternal fire (Matt. 5:22; Mark 9:43; Luke 12:5; James 3:6; Rev. 19:20) prepared for the devil, his angels, and all those who do not believe in God.  This is the final and eternal state of the wicked after the resurrection and the Last Judgment.

22 So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham's bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 Then he cried and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.'  Luke 16:22-24 NKJV

Apparently, whatever or wherever Hades is, it's hot there!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Where is  Abraham's bosom located at, in the spirit world next door to the flaming pit ?

When God called out Abraham he created a people for him self, and set them apart from the rest of the world. 

He gave them an earthly inheritance and their own inheritance in the place of the dead, which was called "the Bossom of Abraham". 

Jesus Christ when he died he went to this place first, and he gave them life and at the time of the resuraction he took them out from their to the Heavens. 

This place is no more since that time. No need for it anymore . 

Because the children of God through Jesus Christ goes to Heaven when they die.

Jesus said that Abraham had seen this day and rejoys. 

Jesus called this place " Parade " when he told the thief on the Cross .

Do not worry where you will go when you die. 

Because the thief was thinking that Jesus will go there but how about him. 

Jesus told him not only me but also you too is going there.

So we see that Jesus told us where he is going after his death on the Cross . 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 9/16/2016 at 11:29 PM, missmuffet said:

Did you read what I replied from "Got Questions"? That is what they said. He went to Shoel and Paradise. He took those who were in Paradise with Him to heaven.

I"m sorry I don't understand.  Isn't Shoel another word for Hell?  If they were in Hell why would Jesus take them to Heaven with Him.  I really must be confused,  I would appreciate  anyone who could straighten me out.  Do I ever feel like the perfect yutz.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.33
  • Days Won:  20

58 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

I"m sorry I don't understand.  Isn't Shoel another word for Hell?  If they were in Hell why would Jesus take them to Heaven with Him.  I really must be confused,  I would appreciate  anyone who could straighten me out.  Do I ever feel like the perfect yutz.

The confusion is not your fault.  There are three places -- Sheol/Hades, Gehenna, and Tartarus -- which have all been translated as "hell" by the King James translators. These words should really have been transliterated.

Sheol/Hades -- the abode of the departed souls and spirits.  Until the resurrection of Christ, the OT saints were in a separated "compartment" called "Abraham's Bosom".  This is where Christ was for three days and three nights.  Since His resurrection, all the saints go to Heaven, but the unsaved to to Hades.

Gehenna -- the actual Hell which is also called "the Lake of Fire".  To be occupied only at the end after the Devil, the Beast, and the False Prophet have been cast into Hell.

Tartarus -- the prison of the fallen angels "who kept not their first estate" before the Flood.  They are chained there and awaiting their final consignment to Hell.  

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, RustyAngeL said:

No,Gehenna is another name for hell. Sheol and Hell are two different places.In the OT it was called Sheol and in the NT and up until now it is called Hades which is the waiting place for all unbelievers who are awaiting their judgment in the Great White Throne Judgment at the end of the 1000 year millennium. At that time they will all be thrown into the lake of fire which is Hell or Gehenna.

No, after Jesus was crucified he went to Sheol and spoke to the unbelievers. He then went to Paradise which at that time was a version of heaven. Jesus took all of those in Paradise to heaven with him. Therefore there is no one in Paradise today they are in heaven.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

9 minutes ago, Ezra said:

The confusion is not your fault.  There are three places -- Sheol/Hades, Gehenna, and Tartarus -- which have all been translated as "hell" by the King James translators. These words should really have been transliterated.

Sheol/Hades -- the abode of the departed souls and spirits.  Until the resurrection of Christ, the OT saints were in a separated "compartment" called "Abraham's Bosom".  This is where Christ was for three days and three nights.  Since His resurrection, all the saints go to Heaven, but the unsaved to to Hades.

Gehenna -- the actual Hell which is also called "the Lake of Fire".  To be occupied only at the end after the Devil, the Beast, and the False Prophet have been cast into Hell.

Tartarus -- the prison of the fallen angels "who kept not their first estate" before the Flood.  They are chained there and awaiting their final consignment to Hell.  

This is why it is very,very bad to teach God's Word and be a false teacher.

Peter’s mention of Tartarus is in the context of condemning false teachers. Those who secretly introduce heresy into the church will suffer a fate similar to that of the angels who sinned—they will end up in Tartarus. The Lord does not tolerate those who lead His children astray (Matthew 18:6).

http://www.gotquestions.org/what-is-tartarus.html

1 hour ago, RustyAngeL said:

Before Jesus. 

The place of the dead in a  General term was called Hades, in the Greek culture of that time, and it took that name from the God of the underworld whose name was Hades, who took and kept all people as prisoners because of the Adamic inheritance. 

At the time when God called Abraham and set a nation apart for him self, he also set apart for them a place in the world of the dead which was called " Paradice" the Paradice of the people of God, the descendants of Abraham a peaceful place, where they were waiting for the Christ to take them out from there, and into the Heaven. 

This place it was also called the Bossom of Abraham. Because Abraham went there and he received his children there. 

There was not Hell that time. 

Hell is coming into been at the same time, as the Heavenly inheritance of Jesus Christ.

Jesus after going to the Bossom of Abraham went to all other people who were in Hades and who had died before him, and preach the Gospel to them.

Those who believe they were resurrected together with Jesus and went to Heaven with him.

Those who did not believe remained there . but this time they were not there as victims of the Adamic inheritance. This time were there as the children of the Antichrist. 

And that place it is the same as Hades, only now is call Hell, because the people with the denial of Jesus Christ goes there and stay there. The children of the Antichrist

The place is the same , Hades , or Hell. 

But you can not say that Jesus went to Hell, because Hell is synonimus as the place for those who have the denial of Jesus Christ.

And Jesus Christ will never go to preach the Gospel to Hell, he went to Hades , the same place as Hell, when the people were there as. Victims of the Adamic inheritance. 

Hell is now and the people who are there have denied faith in Jesus Christ and have died. Without the faith of Jesus Christ.

Before Jesus Christ and Abraham the human inheritance for man after he died was only one, Hades. The place of the dead. With Abraham we have the Bossom of Abraham or Paradice for the children of God who were still under the Adamic genetic captivity . 

After the resuraction we have Heavens for the children of God with the life, and Hell for the children with the denial of faith in Jesus Christ. The children with death. 

David when he said Sheol, he must have meant the place of the dead for the Jewish people, if that it is so, then the name Sheol may be synonymous to a place where the Jewish people went after they died. And that is the Bossom of Abraham .