• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

59 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

that is ok, do what you want

I absolutely did not mean that and if it came across that way than please let me be clear, IT IS NOT OK TO DO BAD THINGS. The point I apparently failed to make is that try as I might I can not, in and of myself, stop doing bad things. It is, at least for me, only when I rely on Jesus and His strength and have faith in who He is and who and what He says I am that I am able to overcome. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

I absolutely did not mean that and if it came across that way

I knew what you meant,really    I understood what you said as giving ALL the Glory to God!!!

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.68
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, OneLight said:

Remember, you are what you take in, be it food, movies, music ....

Listen to that quiet voice trying to show you what is His will.

Then I am a Jedi!!  :laugh:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Flsnookman said:

I absolutely did not mean that and if it came across that way than please let me be clear, IT IS NOT OK TO DO BAD THINGS. The point I apparently failed to make is that try as I might I can not, in and of myself, stop doing bad things. It is, at least for me, only when I rely on Jesus and His strength and have faith in who He is and who and what He says I am that I am able to overcome. 

When we are deliberately and willfully sinning we should feel that. The Holy Spirit should give a person a feeling of regret.

Guest bonnieschamberger

andyman I too lovvvve movies...I too enjoy almost every genre ...horror actually used to be my favorite  but over the years it has sort of dwindled down to just a bit scary for me lol ...the horror for some reason started feeling like too much for me.I havent given up my love of movies but it feels different now but its a better different....its that whole life more abundant....well thats how it feels inside.The more you and Him you have going on He always helps you with those things and will never leave you feeling condemned ..He always give you somewhere to go .I hope that makes sense.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

14 hours ago, AndyMan said:

It has to be said I'm a bit of a movie fan and I find myself enjoying most genre from horror, si fi, comedy, family and so on and so forth. Is it very christian of me to watch the horror, crime and thrillers. 

Take car and God bless.

AndyMan

I can't tell anyone what to watch and what not to watch. Only you can know by how something affects you.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

20 hours ago, missmuffet said:

You can not go around telling people " that is ok, do what you want. God loves you and you are saved". Quite the contrary. We can not mock God. We can not have disrespect and dishonor God in what we do in our everyday lives. Willfully choosing to sin. Yes, we are as born again Christians sinners without even realizing it but we do our best to be obedient to God. Doing what the Bible tells us to do. Remember we will be judged as Christians in everything we do while in these bodies on earth. Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. The Bible tells us how we are to live our lives as born again Christians.

Amen!

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

22 hours ago, AndyMan said:

It has to be said I'm a bit of a movie fan and I find myself enjoying most genre from horror, si fi, comedy, family and so on and so forth. Is it very christian of me to watch the horror, crime and thrillers. 

Take car and God bless.

AndyMan

Hey Andyman,

My opinion doesn't really matter but I think the bible has some good counsel and Missmuffet shared a wonderful gem from Colossians 3:2. 

Here's one of my favorites: Philippians 4:6-8

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

I would probably also chew on King David's counsel in Psalm 101:3

3 I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.

Hope this helps.  God bless.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

And envy; drunkenness, carousing, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no Law  Gal 5:21-23

Blessings Andyman,,,,,,

Asking advice & opinions is great but pray Discernment by Holy Spirit,,,,,we know them by their fruit,there should at LEAST be some,right?I really do like what Bonnieschamberger said,Our Lord Will NEVER leave you feeling condemned....."convicted"yes ,most certainly but even when He Chastises & Corrects us there is no condemnation

Therefore,as you said"I am new here".........yes,you are & I want you to know you are just special and at home here at Worthy as any of us,old & new,this is Gods Holy Place,His Gathering of His Family......if you hear the spirit of "condemnation " then I will tell you that is not of God,,,,,,,,Flsnookman is 100% correct,none of 'self" can have the Strength,the Wisdom,the Power to be an Overcomer ,only by Him Who Abides in us........Glory to God

It will come AndyMan ,don;t be so hard on yourself because that can be a spirit of pride trying to influence you,putting the focus on ourselves,our efforts or lack of is not what we should do,,,,,focus on the Jesus & in Him YOU can do ALL things,,,,the Helper will help you,sometimes it doesn't happen overnight,get into Gods Word & Trust God,,,,,,if you are feeling convicted then pray HE changes your desires                  With love-in Christ,Kwik

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,434
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Matthew 5:29King James Version (KJV)

29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

oops, well not literally.  I did not say it the bible did.   Use you wits to discern what the above may be saying.  Don't go plucking off your eyes please. just want to make sure of that.

Also the verse below which tells us to look at ourselves first, before ....

Matthew 7:3English Standard Version (ESV)

Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?