• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

the one thing that hurts most of all is not being able to find love, but not being able to find someone to give your love to. I think that we all have a need to express the love we have and if we can't find a person that will accept our love it dies slowly inside us, like a rose that slowly withers away to nothing.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Ezra said:

And then there are those (the majority of psychologists) who don't believe in the existence of demons or Satan, and everything can be "cured" with pharmaceuticals.

And yet most of these so-called "therapists" are unable to cure mental or psychological problems after hundreds of counseling sessions.  Why?  They simply reject the fact that most mental and emotional issues are rooted in spiritual issues.  

But the Bible tells us the exact opposite. Even many physical ailments can be traced to spiritual issues. That is why Christ connected the forgiveness of sins and repentance with healing.

Because many Christians (including pastors and teachers) are not firmly rooted in Scripture, they allow the propaganda of "modernity" to deceive them into thinking that pills and potions and so-called "counseling" can cure matters of the spirit.  

Yes, there are those who do not believe in Satan or hell. That is unfortunate for them because the is one of Satan's biggest lies.

Pharmaceuticals do play an important part in our lives. Have you ever had to take a pill Ezra?How about a family member? Many abuse pharmaceuticals. We first turn to God for healing. But it will not always be in God's plan to heal. Sometimes people die regardless of medical help and the pharmaceuticals.

Apparently you are against any kind of therapy at all. That is your choice. Life is full of them.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

1 hour ago, Churchmouse said:

the one thing that hurts most of all is not being able to find love, but not being able to find someone to give your love to. I think that we all have a need to express the love we have and if we can't find a person that will accept our love it dies slowly inside us, like a rose that slowly withers away to nothing.

:emot-heartbeat:

Amen~!

~

Praying~!

6 hours ago, Yowm said:

This thread is greasier than a greased pig on a sweltering August day....

:24:  :24:  :24:

And Here I Thought It Was As Kosher
As Matzah Ball Soup On A Beloved Passover Feast

He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love. Song Of Solomon 2:4

2 hours ago, GoldenEagle said:

Love is action....
but love is also a feeling....

Noun

He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. 1 John 4:8

Or Verb

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Yeshua Is Love To Me

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee. Jeremiah 31:3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

17 minutes ago, FresnoJoe said:

Noun

He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. 1 John 4:8

Or Verb

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Yeshua Is Love To Me

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee. Jeremiah 31:3

Yep. I think love is a solvent that removes or reduces the burdens the world sets in our way.

I think the difference between loving and being IN love is the difference between cleaning up the world and taking a hot bubble bath to sooth your spirit.

I think John 3:16 is quite definitive on the first part of my definition. Being in love purifies the spirit as we do when we find Jesus and fully understand what he's done for us. All the filth of this world falls off of us and for maybe the first time in our lives we feel clean.

Edited by Churchmouse

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

We can't know true faith except through God's Word.  We respond with a decision to follow Christ.  Feelings result from true faith and the realization of His forgiving love for us.  

We can't know God's love except though God's Word.  We also make a decision to love a person as we see them as God does, with compassion as well as realizing their value.  Our marriage would never have lasted over 50 years without that kind of love as well as God's forgiveness, forgiving as we have been forgiven.  For 11 years I didn't receive that kind of love from my husband.  It was most often a selfish kind of human love.  After he was saved he became so kind and affectionate, he was annoying.  I had adapted to the old man, but the new born again man took some getting used to.  Perhaps God waited all that time to save him because it took that long to change me into the kind of wife he needed.

14 minutes ago, Willa said:

We can't know true faith....
except through God's Word....

True

Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein. Luke 18:17

Is Our Faith

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6

And Deep Is Our Love

And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: Deuteronomy 6:5-6

Burning Bright For The Holy Savior

For our God is a consuming fire. Hebrews 12:29

Guest shiloh357
8 hours ago, GoldenEagle said:

For some people they cannot comprehend what they do not know or have not experienced. 

It is one thing to know what love is intellectually or by reading a book. 

It is quite another to experience the joys and challenges of marriage. To make those vows and experience life together for the first few months (or even decades). To get a taste of what it means to be united with another person and to glimpse how God feels for us. 

Or to express to another person what it's like to hold a newborn, your newborn, in your arms for the first time.  To get a glimpse of the joy and pleasure that God feels toward us.

Love is action but love is also a feeling.

A person who never has seen color as you mentioned will not fully comprehend what it means to look upon or eat a red apple. 

God bless

Ge

Nonsense. That assumes that only people who are married  with children have experienced love, that love only exists in that context.

If we were talking about the particulars of marriage, then yes, there are things about the nuts and bolts of marriage that I am not able to speak to.   But that is not what this is about.

In Scripture, whether your theology makes room for it or not, love is presented as an action, not an emotion.  In the Bible, love is operative in nature and James demonstrates that in James two when he uses the operative nature of love to illustrate the operative nature of faith.  

Faith and love work the same way.  Neither are rooted in feeling or emotion.  Neither are circumstantial in that neither depend on circumstances to be right in order for them to operate.   Both love and faith find their source in God, not in human emotion.

Romantic "love" is really just infatuation/affection.   That's not bad or evil, but that's not love, despite what the popular culture tells us.

Guest shiloh357
8 hours ago, Churchmouse said:

That is true if you live in the emotional realm.  If you see another person as being one who brings fulfillment and peace, then you will tear yourself apart if you don't find that person or if the person you find doesn't measure up to the fantasy you assigned to them.    But if your ultimate fulfillment and joy is in Jesus, it doesn't matter if you find someone or not.   One reason that relationships are such a mess these days is because only Jesus can bring the fulfillment that people need. Only Jesus can meet the core, basic needs that a person has, no one else can.  Too many relationships end up with one or both persons expect (without realizing it) the other person to be Jesus in their lives, to fulfill the role that only Jesus is able to fulfill.