IGNORED

If a war does break out, what would happen to the election?

nebula

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

45 minutes ago, tigger398 said:

Why would they be a law in usa, and what would it be about.

Martial Law ... http://www.usconstitution.net/consttop_mlaw.html

Guest shiloh357
47 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Keep in mind that our president has not felt that he is bound by the Constitution and would not install Martial Law according to the dictates of the Constitution.  And in the last 8 years, the checks and balances that are supposed to be there have not restrained him.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

42 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Keep in mind that our president has not felt that he is bound by the Constitution and would not install Martial Law according to the dictates of the Constitution.  And in the last 8 years, the checks and balances that are supposed to be there have not restrained him.

That is in the front of my mind, but before Obama comes Christ.  Obama is in power only because Jesus allowed it ... I'll trust Christ with the outcome, no matter which way it goes.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

Ok I'm confused. So he wouldn't do the martial law. It might be to late in election for it any way.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

6 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

When our biggest rival on the planet is trying to sway the election one way or the other, you can be sure they are not doing it for our benefit. 

Actually he is doing it for his benefits....   He doesn't want a war with us for he knows it would quickly escalate to nuclear levels....   and he's doing everything he can to keep Hillary out of the White House for he truly believes that if she is elected there is no way out of a war with the US for she will not deviate from the direction we are going, globally.

Putin will wait until after the election before he commits to whatever he is going to do.   I have friends of my daughter when she was in Campus for Christ that are still in Russia so I keep up with several Russian News organizations.  Right now they are doing civil defense practice runs and they have an extensive civil defense setup for nuclear war.    I have read that several of their generals are saying that it looks like war is coming.   Then last week a general told two of my news sources that the general public should prepare for nuclear war.     Then this week Putin told his people to bring all their relatives back to Russia (even to the point if they are in school not to finish the semester).

The US has considered itself  so powerful that  no one would attack us and we were so powerful we would destroy them and it would be fruitless for them to try.....   well that is no longer the case and it appears that the Russian military is prepared to test it out.     Leaving "we the people" out in the heat fending for ourselves for whatever time we have left.   According to the news I have seen there, it may well depend on who wins the election......   if it is Hillary we will most likely not see Christmas be a night of peace.

Why does Russia want a war with us.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

8 hours ago, other one said:

Actually he is doing it for his benefits....   He doesn't want a war with us for he knows it would quickly escalate to nuclear levels....   and he's doing everything he can to keep Hillary out of the White House for he truly believes that if she is elected there is no way out of a war with the US for she will not deviate from the direction we are going, globally.

Putin will wait until after the election before he commits to whatever he is going to do.   I have friends of my daughter when she was in Campus for Christ that are still in Russia so I keep up with several Russian News organizations.  Right now they are doing civil defense practice runs and they have an extensive civil defense setup for nuclear war.    I have read that several of their generals are saying that it looks like war is coming.   Then last week a general told two of my news sources that the general public should prepare for nuclear war.     Then this week Putin told his people to bring all their relatives back to Russia (even to the point if they are in school not to finish the semester).

The US has considered itself  so powerful that  no one would attack us and we were so powerful we would destroy them and it would be fruitless for them to try.....   well that is no longer the case and it appears that the Russian military is prepared to test it out.     Leaving "we the people" out in the heat fending for ourselves for whatever time we have left.   According to the news I have seen there, it may well depend on who wins the election......   if it is Hillary we will most likely not see Christmas be a night of peace.

I am sorry, but this is just the stuff of fiction.  Sounds like a good Tom Clancy novel, but that is it.  Russia is saber rattling to try and sway the election because Trump as stated publicly that he will not stop Russia from taking places like the Ukraine and more. Trump has also stated that he would not necessarily come to the aide of a NATO nation if attacked...hmm I wonder who would attack a NATO nation?  Oh wait, that would be Russia.

There is no winner in a war between the US and Russia, both sides know that even if the far right in our country does not.  Civilians being able to hide in shelters during the war does not help when they emerge to no food, no heat, no buildings, no factories, no nothing.  Russia has to import over 40% of their food just to survive, who are they going to get that food from after they destroy the west?  But I guess if enough of them die during the war they wont need to, well except their own food sources will be useless for a generations. 

This is just fear mongering at it best, vote for Trump or Russia will kill us all...really?  

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, tigger398 said:

Why does Russia want a war with us.

They don't, they want Trump to win because he will do nothing to stop them from expanding their empire back to what it was when they called themselves the USSR. They are using fear tactics to try and get Americans to vote for Trump, and since it looks like Trump is going to lose badly, they are trying even more fear tactics.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

<snip>Two former CIA officers who worked on Russia told NBC News that there is a long history of the White House asking the CIA to come up with options for covert action against Russia, including cyber options — only to abandon the idea.

"We've always hesitated to use a lot of stuff we've had, but that's a political decision," one former officer said. "If someone has decided, `We've had enough of the Russians,' there is a lot we can do. Step one is to remind them that two can play at this game and we have a lot of stuff. Step two, if you are looking to mess with their networks, we can do that, but then the issue becomes, they can do worse things to us in other places."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/cia-prepping-possible-cyber-strike-against-russia-n666636

Just a couple of comments:  One would think that the workings of the CIA - a spy agency - would be secret.  So why are we PUBLICLY rattling sabers now - at this particular time?  Anyone care to speculate?

Finally, when we've gone to war in the past, I don't recall personally wondering what side the C in C was working or rooting for.  Say what you want about the Bushes (and I don't have a lot good to say about them), but I don't recall their PATRIOTISM being called into question.  

I cannot say the same for the  current WH occupant.

As far as to how all this will affect the election - regardless of whatever the TRUTH is (seems to be irrelevant these days anyway), it will be SPUN that it benefits Hillary and the establishment.

Blessings,

-Ed

3 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

They don't, they want Trump to win because he will do nothing to stop them from expanding their empire back to what it was when they called themselves the USSR. They are using fear tactics to try and get Americans to vote for Trump, and since it looks like Trump is going to lose badly, they are trying even more fear tactics.

Wow I thought it looked like he is going to win. Just the media is trying to hide it.