IGNORED

It is in giving that we receive (This are my notes on the second part of the Prayer of St. Francis)

markdohle

Guest Teditis

Bashing... the OP isn't talking about doctrine at all, so there should be nothing for you to challenge.

You're bashing him because he a Catholic expressing himself freely.

Guest Teditis
15 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Again, I was challenging a statement he said. Now you act as if I made a personal attack. Or are we not allowed to challenge what we believe to be error? I challenge any error, catholic or not, I have that freedom too.

You're the one that equated your challenging and bashing as synonymous... twice.

Guest Teditis
1 minute ago, Yowm said:

Last time. I used 'challenging/bashing' not to mean synonymous but to mean 'challenging' is my view and 'bashing' is the view of another. I included both as if to say 'take your pick'.

Drop it Yowm you've already succeeded in derailing the thread... against TOS.

Guest Teditis
3 hours ago, Yowm said:

Not all that is 'loving' is good...

And in his estate shall stand up a vile person, to whom they shall not give the honour of the kingdom: but he shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries.
(Dan 11:21)

But because so called 'love' trumps all, many will fall into deception.

You cannot be loving on the one hand and spew falsehoods on the other no matter how 'kind' you are...that is not love.

This was a personal attack... implying that I was falling into some kinda trap.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

I don't mind clarifying doctrines of other churches that I disagree with.  In fact, I disagree with all churches that don't make the Bible the basis for all their doctrine, whether they be Church of England, Episcopal, Methodist, some Charismatics, Orthodox and RCC.  In many cases I have found new respect because I had misunderstood their teaching.  Luther upheld the Scriptures as basis of doctrine, but now even some Lutheran churches place tradition above Scripture.  But it is the invisible universal church that is composed of true believers that we must dwell on.  When we get to heaven we will all learn that all of us adhere to some teaching that is flawed or imperfect, and only Christ Himself is perfect.  Our understanding is human and imperfect.

As stated before, I love the prayer of St Francis.  To me the writer was just a true Christian, and the words of this prayer are full of humility, gentleness and God's love.  It has a lot to do with the death of self.  When he concludes that in dying we are born to eternal life, it is truly the death and burial of the old man that allows us to identify with the resurrected Christ in baptism.  It is the life of Christ within us that gives us everlasting life.  

Thank you again for posting this prayer.

Willa

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  0

I'd ask at this point that Ted and Yowm get back on target, as opposed to debating each other and each other's intentions. This exchange is responsible for most of the reports in this thread.

To clarify, we do now allow discussion on catholic topics here and we allow the doctrines of the catholic church to be challenged. We would not likely allow links to catholic sources. We do, however, allow catholics to be members and to freely participate. The best guidance I can give is to keep it from getting personal. The next time it goes that way in this thread the member or members responsible will be banned from it immediately.

God bless,

Steve

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

33 minutes ago, Willa said:

I don't mind clarifying doctrines of other churches that I disagree with.  In fact, I disagree with all churches that don't make the Bible the basis for all their doctrine, whether they be Church of England, Episcopal, Methodist, some Charismatics, Orthodox and RCC.  In many cases I have found new respect because I had misunderstood their teaching.  Luther upheld the Scriptures as basis of doctrine, but now even some Lutheran churches place tradition above Scripture.  But it is the invisible universal church that is composed of true believers that we must dwell on.  When we get to heaven we will all learn that all of us adhere to some teaching that is flawed or imperfect, and only Christ Himself is perfect.  Our understanding is human and imperfect.

As stated before, I love the prayer of St Francis.  To me the writer was just a true Christian, and the words of this prayer are full of humility, gentleness and God's love.  It has a lot to do with the death of self.  When he concludes that in dying we are born to eternal life, it is truly the death and burial of the old man that allows us to identify with the resurrected Christ in baptism.  It is the life of Christ within us that gives us everlasting life.  

Thank you again for posting this prayer.

Willa

Thank you Willa, we both share a deep love of this prayer and I would suppose to ponder on it an pray on it regularly would change hearts.

Peace
mark

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I offer my apologies for assuming that the same guidelines were intact.  As Steve stated, they have changed.  As for the term "bashing", one had to be there to see how ugly some of the threads became in a very short period of time.  It was a wise choice to allow doctrine to be discussed, in the right spirit.

Again, sorry for misunderstanding I started.