tsth

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

Yes Suzanne. I do read it. I studied daily for 7 years. I suppose everyone is different. I have found some real sinners and goof ups that God used in a mighty way. Especialy David. I'm a bit foggy this morning so I'll have to get back to you on this. I'm not mad. These are just opinions and observations. Thats all.

God Bless

Dan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

That's ok Dan, we'll talk as you want. My point is merely that our thought life can be controlled by the Spirit of the Lord. We do have a say so over how we choose to live. BUT, it is not of our own doing. It is only through the yielding to the power of His Spirit, and His Spirit speaks through His Word, but you have to partake of the Word first, to be able to hear It. That is when the fruit is born.

Deut. 30:10 if you obey the voice of the Lord your God, to keep His commandments and His statutes which are written in this Book of the Law, and if you turn to the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

11 "For this commandment which I command you today is not too mysterious for you, nor is it far off. 12 It is not in heaven, that you should say, 'Who will ascend into heaven for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?' 13 Nor is it beyond the sea, that you should say, 'Who will go over the sea for us and bring it to us, that we may hear it and do it?' 14 But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may do it. (See Romans 10 too!)

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Some Scripture and comments for our consideration.

1John 5:18

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Our Bible lets us know to "walk in the Spirit and not fulfill the lust of the flesh."

Gal 5:16

Romans 8:6-8

For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Romans 8:13,14

For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Our Bible seems to be pretty clear in the above passages, about sin, and those of us who are His, and those who belong to the enemy.

Our old man must die daily. Our flesh man cannot please God, he is the enemy of God. To be carnally minded is spiritual death.

How may we know whether we are after the flesh or after the Spirit? By examining what we mind, the things of the flesh or the things of the Spirit. Carnal pleasure, worldly profit and honour, the things of sense and time, are the things of the flesh, which unregenerate people mind. The favour of God, the welfare of the soul, the concerns of eternity, are the things of the Spirit, which those that are after the Spirit do mind. The man is as the mind is. The mind is the forge of thoughts. As he thinketh in his heart, so is he. (Prov. 23:7) Which way do the thoughts move with pleasure? On what do they dwell with most satisfaction? The mind is the seat of wisdom. Which way go the projects and contrivances? whether are we more wise for the world or for our souls? ...a carnal soul is a dead soul, as dead as a soul can be; for it is its alienation from God. (Matthew Henry Commentary)

We must be doers of the word and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. James 1:22

We must realize we really do have a heaven to gain and a hell to shun. Jesus is real. God has high expectations for all of His children. We really did cost Him His Son for something that was already His; before sin entered the world. He didn't have to buy us back; but He did. We owe Him our life every day. Only love, unconditional love will keep us from sin. He sent the Holy Spirit to help us, if we ask Him and walk by faith.

I found my devotion for today complimentary to this topic:

CHOICES

4/11/2005

But when the young man heard that saying he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.

-- MATTHEW 19:22

Your life is the sum of the responses you have made toward God. Once God makes Himself known to you, what you do next is your decision. Your reaction reflects what you believe about Him. The rich, young ruler lived a moral life. He was well versed in Scripture and the laws of God. But his response to Jesus' invitation clearly showed that, although he possessed a head knowledge of the teachings of God, he did not know God in an experiential way that could be demonstrated by a response of faith (Matt. 19:16-22). Whenever the Lord speaks to you, it will require an adjustment in your life. This truth can dramatically affect your prayer life. Every time you pray you must be aware that if God answers your prayer and reveals His will to you, it will immediately require you to reorient your life. Each time you read your Bible, you must to be prepared to obey what God tells you. Why did God use Peter and James and John so significantly to turn their world upside down? And why were others, like the rich, young ruler, never heard from again? Choices! The disciples chose to believe, and their belief was proven by their obedience. The rich, young ruler could not bring himself to obey, and Scripture tells us that he "went away sorrowful." You are faced with the same question as the rich, young ruler. What adjustments are you willing to make in order to respond positively to Christ?

In His Love,

Suzanne

Guest Bro David™
I found my devotion for today complimentary to this topic:

CHOICES

4/11/2005 

But when the young man heard that saying he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.

-- MATTHEW 19:22

Your life is the sum of the responses you have made toward God. Once God makes Himself known to you, what you do next is your decision. Your reaction reflects what you believe about Him. The rich, young ruler lived a moral life. He was well versed in Scripture and the laws of God. But his response to Jesus' invitation clearly showed that, although he possessed a head knowledge of the teachings of God, he did not know God in an experiential way that could be demonstrated by a response of faith (Matt. 19:16-22). Whenever the Lord speaks to you, it will require an adjustment in your life. This truth can dramatically affect your prayer life. Every time you pray you must be aware that if God answers your prayer and reveals His will to you, it will immediately require you to reorient your life. Each time you read your Bible, you must to be prepared to obey what God tells you. Why did God use Peter and James and John so significantly to turn their world upside down? And why were others, like the rich, young ruler, never heard from again? Choices! The disciples chose to believe, and their belief was proven by their obedience. The rich, young ruler could not bring himself to obey, and Scripture tells us that he "went away sorrowful." You are faced with the same question as the rich, young ruler. What adjustments are you willing to make in order to respond positively to Christ?

In His Love,

Suzanne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I ain't bumpin the thread but that was nice Su', that was nice.

Who was the writer again ? Blackberry something right ?

And Dan how goes it bro ? Feelin better ?

WitH Love

David King

Hi David,

It's Henry Blackaby. He's the author of "Experiencing God". Here's the link to the daily devotions:

Henry Blackaby's Daily Devotionals

In His Love,

Suzanne

You're VERY welcome!

:whistling:

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

I just wanted to thank everyone for their input on this. I'm going to have to chill from the board for a while. I'm the "testy" guy. I hope no one took offence to my contributions to this thread. It was in the interest of truth. Again, Suzanne...I was just interested not mad. I can tell from your posts that you hold the eternal questions and God as a priority in your life. I respect that.

God Bless

Dan (testy Dan)

Dear Dan,

There was NO offense taken at all. I really hate for you to go. I DO hope you'd reconsider and stay.

In His Love,

Suzanne