• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/09/1985

Giller, I think he meant the starter of this thread :) Not you.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

30 minutes ago, Giller said:

Absolutely not, I never said that in any thread.

I am sorry! I should have used Quote so that it was clear to whom this was directed. My apologies. It was to the OP of this thread

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

6 hours ago, COGTHW said:

How do you know you have the Holy Ghost....
According to Scriptures....

:sherlock:

When You

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: John 15:26

Have The LORD Jesus

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. 1 Corinthians 12:3

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

5 hours ago, COGTHW said:

My dialogue is evidence upon the  receiving of the Holy Ghost the 1st and only initial sign.

Please study Acts chapter 2.  The gift of the Holy Ghost was given to all who repented and believed. But there was no "sign" other than the fact that they were all baptized immediately.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

I've always thought that the speaking in tongues was not to speak in different languages, but to speak with the words the Holy Sprit places into our hearts to express what Christianity is.   I know when the spirit is not with me, when I find myself not being understood.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

7 hours ago, COGTHW said:

So it is by tongues as the evidence you have the Holy Ghost.

I have always love this comment because people like this truly believe that tongues is a manifestation of salvation. Where they get this wrong is because they do not understand what tongues really are and how they were used in the NT. I can assure you that tongues are not an evidence of the Holy Spirit rather a tool(if one believes that tongues are still for today) for the Holy Spirit to use to edify the body of believers. I don't speak tongues and never will yet I can assure you that I am saved and have the Holy Spirit guiding me

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

3 minutes ago, Jaydog1976 said:

I have always love this comment because people like this truly believe that tongues is a manifestation of salvation. Where they get this wrong is because they do not understand what tongues really are and how they were used in the NT. I can assure you that tongues are not an evidence of the Holy Spirit rather a tool(if one believes that tongues are still for today) for the Holy Spirit to use to edify the body of believers. I don't speak tongues and never will yet I can assure you that I am saved and have the Holy Spirit guiding me

We receive and are filled with the Holy Spirit the minute we are saved.  The moment we ask Jesus into our hearts.  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

2 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

We receive and are filled with the Holy Spirit the minute we are saved.  The moment we ask Jesus into our hearts.  

That absolutely correct. And how do we know that we are disciples of Christ? By living in obedience to Him and his Word.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Just now, Jaydog1976 said:

That absolutely correct. And how do we know that we are disciples of Christ? By living in obedience to Him and his Word.

Amen Jay, nothing more to be said.  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

12 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

I am not in disagreement with this. As we continue our walk with Christ, we continue to be filled with Holy Spirit. A person may not speak tongues and have been living faithfully for 2o years. Another person might speak in tongues and saved for just a week. Who is filled more with Holy Spirit? May be the person who walked close with Lord for 20 years went through so many circumstances when he or she sought the Lord. It would be wrong to claim that the person speaking in tongues is only filled with Holy Spirit. Being filled with Holy Spirit is a daily process of asking and receiving.