• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

4 hours ago, inchrist said:

You guys have twisted scripture so badly in this.

Come give me another scripture.....

Romans 3:20

Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Galatians 2:21

I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

I believe the doctrine you have put forth goes against scripture and is false teaching. So I am done. God Bless. By all means post after this to make sure you get the last word in. I'm done. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Romans 3:20

Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Galatians 2:21

I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

I believe the doctrine you have put forth goes against scripture and is false teaching. So I am done. God Bless. By all means post after this to make sure you get the last word in. I'm done.                                                              firestormx

I understand how you feel,it can be very frustrating .......the Scripture you have provided here are beautiful,good choice......how could we think that Christ did it all in vain,His Work was FINISHED that day on Calvary  that brings us to the Throne of Grace.....through the veil,into the Holy of Holies without the need for a high priest & so we may say with all boldnes & confidence"Abba,Father.....I am Yours,thank You for paying my debt in Christ Jesus"                   With love-inn Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

2 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

I understand how you feel,it can be very frustrating .......the Scripture you have provided here are beautiful,good choice......how could we think that Christ did it all in vain,His Work was FINISHED that day on Calvary  that brings us to the Throne of Grace.....through the veil,into the Holy of Holies without the need for a high priest & so we may say with all boldnes & confidence"Abba,Father.....I am Yours,thank You for paying my debt in Christ Jesus"                   With love-inn Christ,Kwik

Very perceptive Kwik, I am very frustrated with this conversation. My goal is to speak God's truth. To do that and then get accused of speaking unscriptural false doctrine is very disheartening to me. It is also why I am walking away from this conversation. If my goal becomes to listen to reply, instead of listening to understand then something is wrong and it's time to leave the conversation. So I leave and pray that in some way I don't see or understand God has been glorified. Thank you for your encouragement throughout these posts. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Truce!

I think it's time to call a truce!

It sounds like both sides are getting frustrated I know I did.

Folks, I don't know InChrist but I am betting that his story is a lot like mine.

As I have said before I have been a Christian for over 40 years. All of the responses that you gave I already knew because I was taught the same thing in church. But when you study church history and the background of the times and people of the Bible you start to realize that many of the answers that you were taught in church do not add up.

I know I was (and I believe that InChrist was too) trying to show you all some of the things that we have learned. I was not trying to be critical. Much of the time I was asking questions to try to get you  to question your theology and see new possibilities. Unfortunately most of my questions were simply avoided.

No, I am not claiming to super smart or have all of the answers but I promise you that I have learned things that just blew my mind. I encourage you to do like I started doing about 20 years ago and ask the Holy Spirit to show you the truth before you read your Bible. Let the Holy Spirit be your teacher not man. Do not blindly accept teaching materials or commentaries as truth. Study hard to find out if they match up to the whole Bible. Sure, you can quote a scripture and I can quote one that says the opposite but the question is,  how does it line up with the whole Bible?

Remember that the old testament prophets were Hebrew, Jesus was Hebrew and the apostles were Hebrew. Study the Hebrew perspective.

Remember that the Bible is either all true or it is all worthless. 

Both sides of us were speaking truth but it has to all fit together.

God Bless!

Keep studying!

I know which laws are applicable....what I find fascinating how you twist scripture to follow what you feel like following. Since when did Christ fulfill the entirety of the law?                                                                               inChrist

I have never "twisted" the Holy Scriptures,I am not the one mis-interpreting God Word,adding my own understanding or opinions here......for example.....

King James Bible
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Matthew 5:17

So,I simply let Jesus answer your question .......that is when He FULFILLED the Law,in its entirety!........Argue with God Almighty,He said it,not me!

You cant even tell the differemce between Pharisee law and Mosaic law                                                inChrist

We've addressed this time & time again.You simply cannot differentiate the different 'systems" of "LAW" & therefore until you can understand them there is really no need to go further with you,it would be like trying to discuss chemistry or calculus or quantum mechanics with someone who has not learned to add,subract or simply "count".......it does not make any sense in entertaining the Topic.......

Very perceptive Kwik, I am very frustrated with this conversation. My goal is to speak God's truth. To do that and then get accused of speaking unscriptural false doctrine is very disheartening to me. It is also why I am walking away from this conversation. If my goal becomes to listen to reply, instead of listening to understand then something is wrong and it's time to leave the conversation. So I leave and pray that in some way I don't see or understand God has been glorified. Thank you for your encouragement throughout these posts. 

Dear Brother.....

Sadly(& a hard lesson to learn) is to know when the time has come to move on but there comes that time & we must simply go wherever we are lead by God...

King James Bible
And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
Matthew 10;14

Let us REJOICE,do not ever feel like the Words you have spoken are in vain.....Gods Word never returns void my friend,,,,,,somewhere out there someone has REceived Well.......always remember the many many hundreds of readers we have that we may never hear from...Ahh but God Knows each & every one & His Word has Convicted a heart............Glory to God! We can never expect to reach every single person we encounter but we can expect to continue to plant good seed wherever we go....with Great Joy by the Power of Holy Spirit ,Praise Jesus!Do not be disheartened,be Encouraged & press on,just keep your Eyes on Jesus because His Eyes are on YOU!!!!                                        With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

8 hours ago, inchrist said:

when did Christ fulfill the entirety of the law....

:emot-heartbeat:

God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. 2 Corinthians 5:21 (New International Version)

:sherlock:

And Without Jesus

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,  Revelation 1:5 (King James Bible)

We Have No Righteousness

You say, 'I'm rich. I'm wealthy. I don't need anything.' Yet, you do not realize that you are miserable, pitiful, poor, blind, and naked. I advise you: Buy gold purified in fire from me so that you may be rich. Buy white clothes from me. Wear them so that you may keep your shameful, naked body from showing. Buy ointment to put on your eyes so that you may see. I correct and discipline everyone I love. Take this seriously, and change the way you think and act. Look, I'm standing at the door and knocking. If anyone listens to my voice and opens the door, I'll come in and we'll eat together. I will allow everyone who wins the victory to sit with me on my throne, as I have won the victory and have sat down with my Father on his throne. Let the person who has ears listen to what the Spirit says to the churches." Revelation 3:17-22 (GOD'S WORD® Translation)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

8 hours ago, inchrist said:

I know which laws are applicable....what I find fascinating how you twist scripture to follow what you feel like following. Since when did Christ fulfill the entirety of the law?

You cant even tell the differemce between Pharisee law and Mosaic law

By the way difining sin....does this sound like this is my logic?

1 John 3:4King James Version (KJV)

Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Since when did Jesus not  fulfill the law?

Romans 10:4

For eChrist is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

InChrist,we discussed this before ,if I remember right you don't believe that Jesus is God an therefore you can't understand   this whole truth..

Remember that the old testament prophets were Hebrew, Jesus was Hebrew and the apostles were Hebrew. Study the Hebrew perspective.

Remember that the Bible is either all true or it is all worthless.                                                  Truthseeker

Yes & we are NOT Jewish................a truce is only needed when there is division due to conflict,it is an agreement to agree to disagree...perhaps that works in the natural world but we have no need for that worldly concept here.....The Word of God says what He Says,you either accept it & Believe it or you do not,both sides no not speak TRUTH,there is but ONE TRUTH,Gods Truth     the only Unity that matters is the Unity of the Faith in the knowledge of Who Jesus is,,,,,,is He Who He said He is? Is He God the Son? Are His Words True ? He said He came to fulill the LAW & the prophets....it is simple,has He or hasn't He?

We love you,we love inChrist but that does not mean we will continue to go over the same thing 199 times ......that would be very high maintenance(effort) with no yield....the main goal here at Worthy is to spread the Gospel,the Good News    The Good News is not that you have to adhere to 613 laws

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 12/11/2016 at 3:45 AM, inchrist said:

So Paul wasn't a Pharisee?

Well

And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest, And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem. Acts 9:1-2

Not For Long

And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven: And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do. Acts 9:3-6