• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,072
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/9/2016 at 6:26 AM, OneLight said:

That is the confusion.  If the states electoral votes are supposed to reflect the popular vote, how is it that she is winning the popular vote while still losing the electoral vote?

218 -Hillary Clinton                 ...       279 -Donald J. Trump   (270 to win)
59,079,077 votes (47.6%)                 58,941,325 votes (47.5%)

I will be very surprised if this is not contested.

It is based on the House 435 Seats........The Senate 100 Seats.....and Washington DC. 3 Votes. That is 538. We are not a Democracy, we are a Democratic Republic. In order to get the States to join the Union, there was a proportioned body (House) according to population and a Fixed body (Senate) where each State gets two reps. 

This is not that hard to figure out. Some states have little population but much land and some states have much population and not so much land. Thus the compromise. Small states didnt want larger population areas dictating to them.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

15095063_884129175057188_3054128126327430082_n.png

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, other one said:

15095063_884129175057188_3054128126327430082_n.png

I don't really see an issue.  We don't let empty land vote, just people. 

40 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

I don't really see an issue.  We don't let empty land vote, just people. 

States vote.  Empty or not. States vote on who to send to the electorical college to elect the president.  We do not live in a simple democracy and most people I know doesn't want to. We like our republic just the way it's set up. Like islam, if that is what people want they should go find one and migrate.

5 minutes ago, other one said:

States vote.  Empty or not. States vote on who to send to the electorical college to elect the president.  We do not live in a simple democracy and most people I know doesn't want to. We like our republic just the way it's set up. Like islam, if that is what people want they should go find one and migrate.

See, I say this same thing about all the people wanting to give away our rights liberties in the name of "safety".  There are plenty of countries that offer way fewer freedoms in exchange for the safety of their people.   So, instead of ignoring the constitution, why not go find one of them and migrate and leave those of us who believe in and support the constitution here?

34 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

See, I say this same thing about all the people wanting to give away our rights liberties in the name of "safety".  There are plenty of countries that offer way fewer freedoms in exchange for the safety of their people.   So, instead of ignoring the constitution, why not go find one of them and migrate and leave those of us who believe in and support the constitution here?

That would be a disagreement between us as to what is and is not unreasonable.  In my opinion the danger of Islam right now makes it reasonable for some searching.  So from my point of view it is not unconstitutional. 

18 minutes ago, other one said:

That would be a disagreement between us as to what is and is not unreasonable.  In my opinion the danger of Islam right now makes it reasonable for some searching.  So from my point of view it is not unconstitutional. 

There is always a big bad scary thing to be afraid of, the government makes sure of it.   I bet your view will change when those in power decided it is reasonable to use it against all those "hate filled Christians" and their views of things like homosexality.  

Once you give up these rights to the government, you never get them back.  

It has been said that what was unthinkable yesterday will become thinkable today and  common-place tomorrow (or something along those lines).  This is what is happening with our rights and freedoms being taken away one at a time, we are getting used to it and thinking it is normal. 

AND when the Muslim Brotherhood releases the orders not to do violent jihad here as Trump clears their members from the government and declares them a terrorist organization as the holyland trial stated and several middle east countries have done, maybe you will see things my way.

6 minutes ago, other one said:

AND when the Muslim Brotherhood releases the orders not to do violent jihad here as Trump clears their members from the government and declares them a terrorist organization as the holyland trial stated and several middle east countries have done, maybe you will see things my way.

Let's see what happens first, a violent jihad in America or the government going after Christians for "hate speech" in the area of gay marriage and homosexuality.   Our own government is a much bigger threat than today's "red scare".

1 hour ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Let's see what happens first, a violent jihad in America or the government going after Christians for "hate speech" in the area of gay marriage and homosexuality.   Our own government is a much bigger threat than today's "red scare".

so you say...