• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Hoddie

Perhaps none of us are replying to your questions for a reason? To engage in discussion it is a good start to refrain from personal insults......I suggest you do that

Again, how do you know she was napping, were you there? Or is this just your juvenile attempt at sarcasm?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, Hoddie said:

Really? We Catholics believe that because of Jesus we are saved, and not by a cross.

Thats right! We Catholics believe that one cannot look at a crucifix without seeing Great Love. For, as Christ said, "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends." -John 15:13. Jesus loved us so much he endured all of that suffering for our sake! And that is what we are proclaiming when we display and venerate the crucifix. LOVE!

As the late Archbishop Fulton Sheen so beautifully put it: "Keep your eyes on the crucifix, for Jesus without the cross is a man without a mission, and the cross without Jesus is a burden without a reliever."

Say's who? By who's or what authority is this determined?

And what is your belief of what the 'true church' is?

Peace

Really......so then you have no problem with putting Jesus on a crucifix even though the bible forbids making any graven images of God? (Especially because Jesus is not still having there on a cross, He is RISEN and that it what we must focus on.)

Scapulars, relics of remains of saints, any kind of thing treated as some kind of magic amulet, all that is of purely pagan origin and has absolutely nothing to do with the Christian faith. You cant find anything like that in the bible. Wearing the scapular cant save you. Carrying dead saints bones (pretty morbid in my mind) cant save you or heal you. Only faith in the saving grace of the shed blood of Jesus can save.

No, please don't bring up....

Acts 19:12   So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.

Doesn't count, that was a one time thing (the reason why God called them special miracles) never to be repeated and these weren't relics of DEAD saints, Paul was still living.

Blessings Matrix....

The problem with discussing anything with Hoddie is that no one is questioning HER Salvation,we all have embraced her as a Sister in Christ but she is continually defending the whole of the rcc,including the pope,bishop,so & so and anyone else who belongs to a catholic church!God knows each & every individuals heart(& I am sure grateful for that!!!) If He judged a person by their denomination & what they teach then every catholic would have a lot to consider.....the things. you,I ,Ezra,SObG,HAZARD & woundeddog are discussing are CLEARLY in direct opposition of Gods Word.....what is the sense of saying it over & over & over when she is in denial of the false doctrines and continually rebuttals with the RCC teachings as an organized religion?.....?          Love & Peace,Kwik

Hey y'all....look at this beautiful post from Petri...

At the moment, too many believers are deep in their slumber and they do not really care what the Bible actually teaches, but they stubbornly hold on to traditions or false teachings which are based on lies. The Bible has a serious message about the apostasy in the church in the last days before the return of Jesus, but those whose faith is not sound do not hear or see and do not even want to understand how serious a matter the apostasy in the last days is. The present text is a wake-up call and a friendly way to make you stop and think, the purpose of the text is to wake up those who are wandering in spiritual darkness and to repent and to believe in the Lord Jesus as the Bible teaches. A further purpose of the text is to prevent the Lord's own to becoming entangled in the satanic deceptions of the last days and to make us be rooted in the Lord Jesus and Biblical truth in the Holy Spirit.

The faith of many may have started off in a genuine, right way, but when they have stopped holding on to Bible truth along the way, their faith has become invaded by unhealthy elements which they have started to consider to be Biblical because they have believed lies that distort the truth. The primary purpose of the present text is not to highlight deception, but Bible truth. Because I am an imperfect person who makes mistakes, I advise you to compare the present text to Bible truth while spending time in prayer.

Applicable to the many relics & traditions of men here........Bible Truth,Praise God!

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

Then I'll ask you the same thing I asked Hazard and Kwik. How do you know for sure what are the thoughts, or in the minds and the hearts of the people praying in those photos, or in front of statues? Can you say that you are 100% sure they are worshiping a statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary or the Pope?

You are correct!  Nobody knows thoughts or the hearts of others.  So I'll share my thoughts here, and that is I have read some of the prayers, and read some of the words spoken by the pope, and it certainly sounds like Mary is being held up and worshipped, so you saying your 100% sure of something about the pope, and his own words disagree with you, well, why are you taking it so personally?  

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

2 hours ago, Hoddie said:

knows how his Aunt is in hell.

Okay- couldn't resist one more post-- Because the Roman Catholic Church told me so

Edited by woundeddog

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

3 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Hoddie

Perhaps none of us are replying to your questions for a reason? To engage in discussion it is a good start to refrain from personal insults......I suggest you do that

I have him on ignore :laugh:

Blessings hmbld

why are you taking it so personally?  

Exactly what I was saying,that is the crux of it and that is why the rest of us will not entertain the Topics as "debate",they go from discussion to debate within seconds when it is personal    The Word of God needs no defense,it is Gods Written Word,anything contrary to His Word does not hold water.....we offer Gods Truth in response to untruths,there is nothing personal about it.....none of us are offended if anyone chooses not to abide by Scripture,that is on them!       LOve,Kwik

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

23 hours ago, Hoddie said:

nowhere in the whole of your post do I see how.... knows....
his Aunt is in hell.....
Peace....

:mgdetective:

Peace

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:6 (New International Version)

And The Assurance Of Salvation

And anyone who believes in God's Son has eternal life. John 3:36(a) (New Living Translation)

Or

Anyone who doesn't obey the Son will never experience eternal life but remains under God's angry judgment." John 3:36(b-c) (New Living Translation)

Not....

because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” Romans 10:9-11

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

22 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Hoddie, Perhaps none of us are replying to your questions for a reason?

Yes, there is a reason. By your posts Kwik, you seem to be a pretty smart lady, so I think you "really" know the reason why some are not replying.

To engage in discussion it is a good start to refrain from personal insults......

I am in full agreement Kwik. However, let me put a small sceanero to you, so you can see where I'm coming from.

Say you are at your house, and a friend, co-worker, or stranger stops by and notices you have a picture of your mother hanging in your loving room. Upon seeing it, this person says to you.." why do you have a picture of your mother hanging here? Are you worshipping her? Don't you know she is of no great significence? She is nothing more than a vessel that bore you, thats all. It dosent matter that she fed, clothed, dried your tears, or loved you, she is just an ordinary woman." Now I don't know about you Kwik, but that would tick me off, and I would take it very personal! You see, that is how Catholics take it when people falsely suggest we worship her, or when they show such disrespect and disdain towards the Mother of our Lord with comments like...

Not to go off Topic but I was just looking at one of the posts by Brother HAZARD when he put up photos of the pope worshipping Mary,also a lady "napping" on a statue of her......It reminded me of something I can never forget,see if you remember too?"December 8"....ring a bell? (or sound an alarm-lol?)

or...

Wow,huh? I remember the processions,there was a huge,immense,stature of Mary being paraded around by what looked like pall bearers & the entire school,nuns would march around behind it singing praise & worship songs to this statue.....a dead person ....the kids had to fold their hands together ,heads down & pray to her

We take comments like these (I will say though, these comments are nothing compared to others) very personal, and believe Jesus does too, for the Blessed Virgin Mary is His Mother as well as ours!

I suggest you do that

Ditto! And I suggest taking a hard look at Luke 1:48!

Peace