• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  1

22 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Really......so then you have no problem with putting Jesus on a crucifix even though the bible forbids making any graven images of God? (Especially because Jesus is not still having there on a cross, He is RISEN and that it what we must focus on.)

Then maybe you'd like to give your thoughts on 1Cor. 1:23. where Paul says, "...but we preach Christ crucified..." Why does Paul preach Christ crucified? Doesn't he know Jesus has been raised from the dead? Or....1Cor. 2:2, "For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified." Again, didn't Paul know that Jesus had risen from the dead? Nobody else I asked seems to want to address them, will you?

Scapulars, relics of remains of saints, any kind of thing treated as some kind of magic amulet, all that is of purely pagan origin and has absolutely nothing to do with the Christian faith. You cant find anything like that in the bible. Wearing the scapular cant save you. Carrying dead saints bones (pretty morbid in my mind) cant save you or heal you. Only faith in the saving grace of the shed blood of Jesus can save.

Show me where it is taught in all of Catholicism that it says that they can. (relics, scapulars, ect.) Sheesh!!!

No, please don't bring up....

Acts 19:12 So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.

Sure, only if you promise not to bring up 2 Tim. 3:16–17, "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteous- ness; That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works." as your reasoning for Sola Scriptura.

However, I will bring up the fact that the use of the bones of Elisha brought a dead man to life: "So Elisha died, and they buried him. Now bands of Moabites used to invade the land in the spring of the year. And as a man was being buried, lo, a marauding band was seen and the man was cast into the grave of Elisha; and as soon as the man touched the bones of Elisha, he revived, and stood on his feet" (2 Kgs. 13:20-21). This is an unequivocal biblical example of a miracle being performed by God through contact with the relics of a saint!

Similar are the cases of the woman cured of a hemorrhage by touching the hem of Christ’s cloak (Matt. 9:20-22) and the sick who were healed when Peter’s shadow passed over them (Acts 5:14-16). If these aren’t examples of the use of relics, what are? In the case of Elisha, a Lazarus-like return from the dead was brought about through the prophet’s bones. In the New Testament cases, physical things (the cloak, the shadow, handkerchiefs and aprons) were used to effect cures. There is a perfect congruity between present-day Catholic practice and ancient practice. If you reject all Catholic relics today as frauds, you should also reject these biblical accounts as frauds. See.... I didn't use Acts 19:12 once! :)

Doesn't count, that was a one time thing (the reason why God called them special miracles) never to be repeated and these weren't relics of DEAD saints, Paul was still living.

Doesn't count??? Where did you get the authority to say it doesn't count? I would be very courious to hear what other bible passages you believe "don't count"!!

Peace

21 hours ago, woundeddog said:

Okay- couldn't resist one more post-- Because the Roman Catholic Church told me so

You just can't leave us hanging here woundeddog, how did the Catholic Church do this?

Can't wait to hear this one!   :)

Peace

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

23 hours ago, Hoddie said:

100% sure the pope is not worshiping The Blessed Virgin Mary....
Can you say.... you are.... sure they are worshiping....
a statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary or the pope....

For the life of me, I will never understand why so much disdain for the mother of our Lord....

Peace....

:sherlock:

Peace

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6 (New International Version)

And Yeap
For The Life Of Me
I Can Not Understand The Scorn And Mocking
Some Churches Happily Heap Upon Dear Mary And Her Beloved Family

Then they scoffed, "He's just a carpenter, the son of Mary and the brother of James, Joseph, Judas, and Simon. And his sisters live right here among us." They were deeply offended and refused to believe in him. Mark 6:3 (New Living Translation)

And I'm Not 100% Sure But

“You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Exodus 20:4 (English Standard Version)

Some Folk Are Seen Kneeling Down And Worshiping Papa

And do not call anyone on earth your father, for you have one Father, who is in heaven. Matthew 23:9 (Berean Study Bible)

And Dear Mary And The Saints Too

You shall not make for yourselves idols, nor shall you set up for yourselves an image or a sacred pillar, nor shall you place a figured stone in your land to bow down to it; for I am the LORD your God. Leviticus 26:1 (New American Standard Bible)

Shame~!

I am the LORD; that is my name. I will not give my glory to anyone else or the praise I deserve to idols. Isaiah 42:8 (GOD'S WORD® Translation)

Love, Your Brother Joe

19 hours ago, HAZARD said:

I have him on ignore :laugh:

Yup.....Unfortunately this is what most people tend to do when confronted with a question or questions that they either can't, or are unwilling to address.

Peace

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

8 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Can't wait to hear this one!

she refused to be Baptized

37 minutes ago, other one said:

43 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

How do you see Mary as my mother

I'll let Grace D. MacKinnion from Catholic Onlie explain it:

"It is sad indeed that there exists so much misunderstanding regarding the love and reverence that Catholics and other Christians have for the Mother of Jesus. More than likely, the problem stems from the fact that the Blessed Virgin Mary is not regarded by some as a personal, spiritual mother. For it is only is recognizing her as our true Spiritual Mother that we will be lead to an authentic response to Mary.

When Catholics say, "Mary is our Mother," these are not just empty words. They mean rather that we recognize Mary for who she is and also for her role in the plan of God. That Mary was the mother of Jesus the God-Man is almost universally accepted among all Christians and probably many non-Christians as well. Therefore, in this small space, let us focus instead on her role in the life of the Church today. We will then be better able to explain why we love, revere, and honor her and also why we are thus lead to seek her intercession and protection.

Looking first at Scripture, the principal basis for the doctrine of Mary as Spiritual Mother of all humanity is found in the Gospel of John. In this scene, Mary is at Calvary at the foot of the Cross with John, the beloved disciple. John tells us, "When Jesus saw his mother, and the disciple whom he loved standing near, he said to his mother, 'Woman, behold your son.' Then he said to the disciple, 'Behold your mother'" (John 19: 26-27). Throughout the Church's history, numerous popes, theologians, and writers have confirmed their belief that here John is symbolic of all humanity. In other words, that Jesus from the Cross gave His Mother to every human person for all time.

Our Lord said, "Behold your mother." He was not suggesting that Mary become our mother, but that Mary is our Mother. And to Mary He gave us as children. But, if this is true, how do we make theological sense of this relationship? Turning again to Scripture, we can best understand it by considering St. Paul's beautiful doctrine of the Mystical Body of Christ (cf. Colossians 1:18, Ephesians 4:15). In this whole Body, St. Paul refers to Christ as the Head and the Church as the Body. Head and Body make up the entire and whole Mystical Body of Jesus Christ.

Now, if we say that Mary gave birth to Jesus, the Head of the Body, then it must be that she gave birth to the entire Body since a true body cannot be separated. Thus, it would mean that she gave birth to the members as well. In giving physical birth to Jesus, we can say that Mary made it possible for us to receive spiritual life through Him. We were dead, and through Him we have come back to life. And it was Mary's "yes" at the Annunciation that made our rebirth possible. To question this is to question the plan of God. For it was He who decided from all eternity that it would be so. And the list of those who have believed it is almost endless.

Once we have established that Mary is our true Spiritual Mother, we must ask what this means for us in our everyday lives? What is a mother, anyway? What does a mother do? Why did God arrange it so that every human person would come into the world through a mother? There must be a reason. Does a mother simply give birth to a child only to abandon him or her? Of course she does not. A mother not only gives birth, but she also is given by God so that she might nurture, feed, teach, guide, and protect her child. God entrusts her with these tasks. In the human family, a mother is not optional. So too, in the spiritual family of the Mystical Body of Christ, Mary, our Mother is not optional.

Any person who studies the history of the early Christian Church will easily discover the solid witness of how lovingly and faithfully these first believers in Christ, and countless others who went after them down through the ages, turned confidently with love and devotion to the Mother of Jesus for protection, guidance, and assistance in their hours of gravest need. Why did they do this? It seems safe to assume they did so because they wished to obey Jesus. And, after all, she had given birth to Him, nurtured, fed, guided, and protected Him. If God allowed Himself to be born of her and chose her as His Mother, can we do anything but accept her as ours? To put our trust and confidence in her will always be pleasing to God because everything she does will always lead us closer to Him.

The Church has never claimed or taught that Mary is on an equal level with God. But, nonetheless, because we are her spiritual children, she looks tenderly on us and after us with a love so profound that we are moved to plead, "Oh Blessed Mother, pray for us, now and at the hour of our death. Amen."

Peace

Guest BacKaran

Mary still can't hear prayers, she's dead but her Son is alive and well, I'm praying to the Savior for all my needs, not a human woman or man.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Okay Hoddie

I'll reply to your last comments,Firstly whether or not I'm a smart lady or not bears no significance of anything at all,what I am is a Bible Believing woman who does not really care why or why not people do the things they do,only that here on Worthy they do not do what is in violation of our Terms of Service.......others that have decided not to respond to many of your comments is not the issue,it is a good decision because when we do it usually results in personal assaults as defending the rcc seems to be your personal mission here,I can be wrong  but that is how I see it

Secondly.....the "scenario" of hanging a picture  of ones mother on there wall  has eluded me as to how it validates the worship of Mary,dead people (saints) or any other graven images,statues,relics & or anything/anyone besides God Almighty........

King James Bible
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Exodus 20:4

If you would have READ HAZARDS post where he referred to the photo of the young lady with her head resting on the statue you would have realized why I used the term"napping" and so. contrary to you making the statement of this being my "juvenile attempt at sarcasm", it was actually not my attempt at anything whatsoever except to be specific at which photo I was talking about........

Hoddie....this is all I hear & I'm sure the others will agree,time & time again

"We take comments like these", "that is how Catholics take it"   I'm just amazed how you can assume to know what ALL catholics feel......interesting

King James Bible
For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
                                                           Luke 1:48

And? All generations can call me "blessed" as well......what is significant here is what EXTRAORDINARY thingfs God can do through "ordinary" people,like Mary   Maybe you can take a look at how Mary was rejoicing in HER LORD & SAVIOR!!!!......Just as the Word of God says that this humble young girl is "Blessed" because of her FAITH,so are we....

King James Bible
Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
John 20:29

So yes,by my FAITH,I am BLESSED......shall anyone sing praise tome or worship graven images to represent me?      Take care Hoddie,be Blessed-Kwik

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

34 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

The Church has never claimed or taught that Mary is on an equal level with God. But, nonetheless, because we are her spiritual children, she looks tenderly on us and after us with a love so profound that we are moved to plead, "Oh Blessed Mother, pray for us, now and at the hour of our death. Amen."

I think you are taking these scriptures way beyond what they were meant....     I do recall one day when his mother and brothers were at the door to see him and he told them that these people with him was his mother and brothers.....

While Mary is blessed, but not to the point that your church puts her....