• Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/12/1991

1 minute ago, worthy said:

Even Christ told Peter to buy a sword and Christ is the creator of all things 

Luke 22:36

36 He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

Hmmm, was Jesus referring to 'sword' as a physical weapon? :o

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

Just now, Sharnadeen said:

I considered the Pastors seeing that they are in charge of church assets, and so on. In light of them teaching us to use faith (Our Shepherds), what is your reaction to them carrying guns? :D

Ok, thanks for the clarification. 

No, I would feel uncomfortable if ny Pastor was armed with a gun or even the person sitting next to me in church - however, I live in Australia. 

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

Just now, Sharnadeen said:

There is no secret meaning it's literal

Also, on the night of Jesus's arrest, his disciples were armed -

However, they did not need to use them really, because His arrest was meant to be, BUT, in saying that, they were still armed.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I think everyone who can, should own a gun. And even from a ultra pacifist perspective, theres times where guns are needed. for example, my pastor is Bi-vocational, he also ranches full time. And a gun is a must on a ranch, to deal with varmints, put down sick animals, etc. He doesnt carry one in church, but its safe to say he owns several to assist in his trade. 

Now, with that said, I have no problem with people using guns to defend themselves. The argument "your faith will suffice" is kind of a weak argument, because the world is full of faithful people who get gunned down in the streets. Look at what happened to most of the apostles! and they were men of faith. Saying "your faith" is enough, is basically saying if something bad happens to you, you didnt have enough faith. its a bogus argument.

Fact is, God doesn't come down and strike people down with lightning. He uses people, to accomplish His goals. People. And He gives His PEOPLE the tools necessary, to do their job. There is a very strong case Biblically, for self defense, and the carrying of Weapons. I carry a handgun almost everywhere I go, including church, and if I think its ok for me to do so, then I have no problem with the pastor packing either.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

4 minutes ago, Sharnadeen said:

and yes, in context, Jesus was indeed talking about a literal, physical sword.

5 minutes ago, Sharnadeen said:

You can have a sword as protection without even using it - a visible deterrant if hanging off your belt.

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

2 minutes ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

I think everyone who can, should own a gun. And even from a ultra pacifist perspective, theres times where guns are needed. for example, my pastor is Bi-vocational, he also ranches full time. And a gun is a must on a ranch, to deal with varmints, put down sick animals, etc. He doesnt carry one in church, but its safe to say he owns several to assist in his trade. 

Now, with that said, I have no problem with people using guns to defend themselves. The argument "your faith will suffice" is kind of a weak argument, because the world is full of faithful people who get gunned down in the streets. Look at what happened to most of the apostles! and they were men of faith. Saying "your faith" is enough, is basically saying if something bad happens to you, you didnt have enough faith. its a bogus argument.

Fact is, God doesn't come down and strike people down with lightning. He uses people, to accomplish His goals. People. And He gives His PEOPLE the tools necessary, to do their job. There is a very strong case Biblically, for self defense, and the carrying of Weapons. I carry a handgun almost everywhere I go, including church, and if I think its ok for me to do so, then I have no problem with the pastor packing either.

:thumbs_up:

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93

39 minutes ago, Sharnadeen said:

I don't believe Pastors need a gun because the Lord's angels can suffice. What are your thoughts and why?

What your saying could be applied to anything.  You could say "Should a pastor wear a seat belt in the car? Should a pastor lock his doors or the door to the church safe? Should a pastor have medial check ups?"  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  726
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/30/1974

I'm a little late to this topic, but I have to agree with many of the posts here.  Should pastors wear seat belts? Do pastors need a parachute when skydiving?  Or do pastors ever get sick and die?

Maybe all pastors should own guns.  They are the ones that may be on the frontlines of persecution of the church.  Most people know who the pastor is but they do not know everyone in the congregation.  

Just because someone is a pastor/Christian does not give them an immediate protection from everything evil or ungodly in the world.