• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

21 hours ago, Sharnadeen said:

I don't believe Pastors need a gun because the Lord's angels can suffice. What are your thoughts and why?

Hi.

The place I feel safest in Australia is when I am out hunting, and when I am at the gun club.

What the Bible says about self-defense       

In the following verses, Jesus spoke of spiritual matters, but used principles which He and his audience accepted as true (I cannot believe that Jesus would use as a teaching example something which was not lawful)

Luke 11:21-22
21 "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are in peace.
22 But when a stronger than he comes upon him and overcomes him, he takes from him all his armour in which he trusted, and divides his spoils."

And how can the master of the house prevent his house from being broken into except that he use deadly force?

Luke 12:39, "But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into."

Which leads us back to Exodus 22:2

Exodus 22:2
2 "If the thief is found breaking in, and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed."

Pro 25:26 A righteous man falling down before the wicked is as a troubled fountain, and a corrupt spring.

Jesus told His disciples to arm themselves before He sent them out where there were robbers and murder's.

Luke 22:36, Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

A minister once said that he doubted that the disciples carried weapons, I mentioned this Scripture;

Luke 22:38, And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

W 8. .jpg

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

6 minutes ago, ravindran said:

Again, I am failing to understand the differentiation here. Why government is responsible for protecting people only outside Church? If they are responsible for protecting people, should not matter whether people are insider or outside Church!

The only point I am getting to is, it does not matter whether we are talking about inside or outside Church. The question remains the same. Do people need guns. And it does not matter whether the person is Christian or not.

I actually agree. the federal government, should protect us from outside threats, and assist local law enforcement agencies when it comes to interstate stuff, and thats it. the local law enforcement (police, sheriff) are responsible for all their citizens, inside and outside of church. With that said, they cant be everywhere at once, including at church. hence why we have the second ammendment.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, The_Patriot2016 said:

I actually agree. the federal government, should protect us from outside threats, and assist local law enforcement agencies when it comes to interstate stuff, and thats it. the local law enforcement (police, sheriff) are responsible for all their citizens, inside and outside of church. With that said, they cant be everywhere at once, including at church. hence why we have the second ammendment.

And I completely agree! And that is where individuals need to apply their discretion and decide whether they want to hold a gun or not.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

The discussion had to do with pastors, so I was assuming a congregational setting. Outside a Church setting I suppose would be the responsibility of the government...which it's main duty is to protect it's citizenry.

I don't think responsibility of government changes. It is government's responsibility to provide a safe environment. It would include social gatherings, church or any place. Same time, we can't expect cops to be there everywhere! Just like how we can't have cops inside our house all the time. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

A pastor needs a sword, which is the word of GOD.   Yes, he is flesh and blood, but above that he is a spiritual man, who does not fear man and is not afraid of he who can kill the body  and not the soul, but he who can kill both  body and soul.   As the saying goes, everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die.   

Matthew 10King James Version (KJV)

28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

2 hours ago, ravindran said:

And I completely agree! And that is where individuals need to apply their discretion and decide whether they want to hold a gun or not.

Every Man Should Have A Rifle

Australian Poet, Henry Lawson, 1907

• So I sit and write and ponder, while the house is deaf and dumb,
      Seeing visions "over yonder" of the war I know must come.
      In the corner — not a vision — but a sign for coming days
      Stand a box of ammunition and a rifle in green baize.
      And in this, the living present, let the word go through the land,
      Every tradesman, clerk and peasant should have these two things at hand.

No — no ranting song is needed, and no meeting, flag or fuss —
      In the future, still unheeded, shall the spirit come to us!
      Without feathers, drum or riot on the day that is to be,
      We shall march down, very quiet, to our stations by the sea.
      While the bitter parties stifle every voice that warns of war,
      Every man should own a rifle and have cartridges in store.
    •  
    • Since the steal back by the Howard government here in Australia, we now have drive by shootings in our cities, daily home invasions, attacks on our elderly both in their homes and even on the streets and public transport in broad daylight. Shops and service stations are being robbed by violent drug users, often times leaving the shop assistants severely injured.

Z. 601..jpg

Z 602..png

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Well I've been reading the post here and I am sort of confused as to what is being asked. Is it wrong for pastor to carry a gun? Is that the question that is being asked?  If so I do not see why it would be wrong for a pastor to carry a gun.  Are you saying that a pastor that carries a gun is show a lack of faith? I think  this would fall under a personal choice thing. 

Edited by LadyKay

1 minute ago, LadyKay said:

Well I've been reading the post here and I am sort of confused as to what is being asked. Is it wrong for pastor to carry a gun? Is that the question that is being asked?  If so I do not see why it would be wrong for a pastor to carry a gun. I think it this would fall under a personal choice thing. 

I agree its a personal choice. I read this last year. Luckily this pastor was armed.  :thumbsup:

Police: Pastor shoots intruder at Baytown church

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

BAYTOWN, TX (KTRK) --

A would-be burglar messed with the wrong church and pastor Tuesday. Baytown police say the man kicked in the door of the Church of New Beginnings early and attempted to rob it.

"We have church break-ins here in the city of Baytown," said Pat Holmes. "But ours had never been broken into. Unfortunately today was the day."

Around 6:15, police say a man broke into the Church of New Beginnings on North Alexander. Surveillance video shows the man breaking through the door. Little did he know that Pastor Benny Holmes was sleeping inside, and that he was strapped.

"I just want the public to know that this was a robbery," Pastor Holmes told Eyewitness News exclusively. "He broke in the door, had laptops in his hand."

Pastor Holmes said he woke up when he heard someone moving around in the church and grabbed his gun.

"I commanded him to stop twice, and he didn't. So fearing for my life, I did what I had to do."

And that was shoot. Baytown Police say Holmes shot the man in the right shoulder. They identified him as 27-year old Lee Marvin Blue Jr.

This is the second time Pastor Holmes has made headlines for stopping a would-be crook. In September, he caught a 52-year-old woman who had allegedly been stealing UPS packages off of porches in the area. She was trying to steal from his front porch, and he held her at gunpoint until police arrived to arrest her.

What could be considered the most surprising part of what happened this time around may be what happened while Blue was lying on the ground in his own blood.

"I led him through the sinner's prayer while he was on the floor," Pastor Holmes says. "He repeated the sinner's prayer after me. And that was about it. I'm going to go visit him."

Blue has an extensive criminal history dating back to 2005. It includes trespassing, burglary of a vehicle, and assault, just to name a few.

He was taken by Life Flight to Memorial Hermann Hospital with non-life threatening injuries. He is charged with burglary of a building.

Baytown police do not anticipate charges against Pastor Benny Holmes.

Link + Pictures;

http://abc13.com/news/police-pastor-shoots-intruder-at-baytown-church/888280/

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05

urm well they wouldnt be allowed to have one in the uk . so that wouldnt even be a legit question. gosh you guys over the pond and the gun culture never fails to amaze me

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

On 12/12/2016 at 7:15 PM, Sharnadeen said:

I don't believe Pastors need a gun because the Lord's angels can suffice. What are your thoughts and why?

Dylaan Roof shot and killed nine people in Charleston South Carolina two years ago. Among the nine victims was the AME church pastor. 

I think it an individual choice. Especially in this age when we read of so called lone wolf attacks at places of business.