PetriFB64

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

The Lord Jesus said that in the Last Days, false prophets will rise to deceive - if possible - the very elect. We are living in dangerous times, and if we refuse to test and examine the foundations of our faith through Bible truth, we are running a great risk of being entangled in treacherous deception.

More info: http://www.kotipetripaavola.com/falserighteousnessinthelastdays2.html

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

Could not find the site when I clicked on the web address.  Love God, Love others, seek to treat all you met as children of God, pray for those you don't like, or even fell hatred towards and do not take advantage of others, treat others as you would want to be treated, which takes a certain level of self-knowledge.....bear good fruit. 

It is based on our loving, trusting relationship with Jesus Christ, which matures and grows.  If that is not happening, then perhaps one needs to look deeply and pray hard to be more open to the Holy Spirit. 

Besides, people on this site don't always agree on who a false teacher is.....do you have a list ;-).

Peace
mark

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,437
  • Content Per Day:  0.90

6 hours ago, Yowm said:

Instead much of the Church has lost sight of God's rescue and has embraced the world's 20 step plan to an abundant life here and now.

Good to know I'm not the only one thinking this

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

9 hours ago, Yowm said:

The Gospel is being buried today by a Jesus of humanism, loving neighbor, self improvement etc.

Although noble ambitions they are not the Gospel.

The true Gospel first of all shuts all mankind up as guilty and on death row.

Secondly it comes declaring a free pardon from God on account of the life (perfect), death (atoning) and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ to be received SOLELY by faith.

Instead much of the Church has lost sight of God's rescue and has embraced the world's 20 step plan to an abundant life here and now.

The law shuts people up. Not the gospel byt you have good points

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  21

I have a few thoughts on this. First, the author of this article doesn't discuss the scripture in Acts properly. Acts 2:13 (NIV) says "Some, however, made fun of them and said, “They have had too much wine.” I don't know anyone who has ever confused someone speaking in a different language with someone who is drunk. I lived overseas for 8 years and never thought someone speaking German/Italian/Japanese, etc. was drunk because of the language he is using.  I think this verse is a clue to the activity that was happening. A few verses later, Peter makes the point that they are not drunk but that what is happening is a result of what Joel prophesied would happen--prophecy, dreams, visions, signs on the earth, etc. Second, I have met Heidi and Roland Baker and I can tell you that what they carry is as real as it gets. When someone has a realization of God's perfect love, it wrecks them. I have spent time in similar situations where I was wrecked by God's love and all I could do was lay on the floor. Third, we have to remember that we serve a supernatural God and we should expect him to act in supernatural ways. I don't want to serve a God that can only do what I expect or understand--he is so much bigger than that. If you want to keep from being deceived, ask God for discernment, that has always worked well for me.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

18 minutes ago, dcservant said:

I have a few thoughts on this. First, the author of this article doesn't discuss the scripture in Acts properly. Acts 2:13 (NIV) says "Some, however, made fun of them and said, “They have had too much wine.” I don't know anyone who has ever confused someone speaking in a different language with someone who is drunk.

Odd how you can discard scripture that way.....     By the way, my name is Sam...   I guess I am the first to meet you who has experienced someone speaking in tongues as being inebriated..

Maybe I've just been around more drunks than you have....   i don't know.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

Since the world, science, religion, society (and politics)  has been run/ controlled/ directed by the prince of darkness - the prince of the power of the air - 

for the last 2000 years, and longer,(quite obviously to everyone)

it is not possible the reign of Christ over the world has begun yet. 

It is and has been just getting worse all along, through many generations since the first centuries.... just as it was before Christ on earth, except for YHWH'S people planned, called and chosen and set apart by HIM for HIMSELF.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

On 1/3/2017 at 4:49 AM, PetriFB64 said:

The Lord Jesus said that in the Last Days, false prophets will rise to deceive - if possible - the very elect. We are living in dangerous times, and if we refuse to test and examine the foundations of our faith through Bible truth, we are running a great risk of being entangled in treacherous deception.

Even the link, perhaps.... (couldn't/ didn't see it)....

But not "we are running a great risk of being entangled in treacherous deception" ,  no.

We all were born in a society deeply wicked and entangled already in treacherous deception.

To be set free,  YHWH WILLING,  by HIS GRACE and FAITH in Y'SHUA !  THAT is SALVATION ! YES !

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  21

On 1/5/2017 at 0:01 PM, other one said:

Odd how you can discard scripture that way.....     By the way, my name is Sam...   I guess I am the first to meet you who has experienced someone speaking in tongues as being inebriated..

Maybe I've just been around more drunks than you have....   i don't know.

I'm not discarding scripture in any way, but I do feel it is important to look at everything in the proper context and I feel the author of this article is not familiar with passages of scripture that son't agree with his position. I do agree that it is not uncommon for people to appear drunk when they are having incredible encounters with God. But I don't think it is specifically tied to speaking in tongues. I speak in tongues all the time and I encourage others to do the same since 1 Cor. 14:39 tells us we shouldn't forbid anyone from doing so...and it is also very edifying of the person doing it (1 Cor. 14:4, Jude 1:20). Jeremiah refers to himself of being like a drunken man in Jer. 23:9 and in 1 Sam. 1, Eli thought Hannah was drunk but we know from the story that she was in deep intercession. I think it is a little presumptuous of all of us to assume God will only move in a way we expect and to think that anything we don't expect is simply of the devil. Interestingly enough, I am actually teaching on the manifestations of the Holy Spirit throughout scripture tomorrow night in Northern Virginia. I can send you my notes if you like.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

On 1/4/2017 at 10:46 PM, Yowm said:

The Gospel is being buried today by a Jesus of humanism, loving neighbor, self improvement etc.

Although noble ambitions they are not the Gospel.

The true Gospel first of all shuts all mankind up as guilty and on death row.

Secondly it comes declaring a free pardon from God on account of the life (perfect), death (atoning) and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ to be received SOLELY by faith.

Post of the day.