creativemechanic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

yes,but this doesn't mean we have to love or endorse the stuff they do. We all have some stuff about people which irritate us. What are some of yours?

1)People who use judge not lest ye be judged, or only God can judge me, as an retort to criticism of their sin and somehow feel justified by saying it.

2) Female friends of gay men who will fiercely attack anyone who disagrees with homosexuality. I've actually been told that I'M a repressed gay because I don't agree with homosexuality. They also have a habit of making them out to be better people than straight men.  One woman pointed out how nice her gay coworkers were. A nearby man then retorted, "But there are alot of nice straight men, and you don't praise them for it"

3)Women who will ask for favours from men. Some guys will gladly help,others wont or will tell them off. Despite this guess who gets respected or admired and who gets called soft and dissed when they dont need something.

What are yours?

<_<

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,437
  • Content Per Day:  0.90

I've worked with a few gay people men and women and according to my experience it is true that they are friendly and kindly and, sad to say, appear to work more diligently on average. However, to be fair, the sample group is far too small to be able to draw conclusions therefrom. However, there are parts you don't see under the surface, which perhaps those ladies you speak of don't get to see.

A few observations based on my admittedly ltd experience.

After a certain period of time, once they realize you are not one who will become like them, they drift away. Not maliciously but you just kind of lose contact.

I saw a darker side, not always with the people you know, sometimes their friends.

I could say more but it would take this topic too far off your intent.

Guest Teditis

Toffee! When it gets stuck in your teeth, ya' know? I try to work it out with my tongue but it's set like mortar.

Anyway, I've come to the place where I just suck on it until it dissolves and then I'm free to eat another piece.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  41
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Content Per Day:  1.64
  • Days Won:  2

28 minutes ago, Teditis said:

Toffee! When it gets stuck in your teeth, ya' know? I try to work it out with my tongue but it's set like mortar.

Anyway, I've come to the place where I just suck on it until it dissolves and then I'm free to eat another piece.

23657750.jpg

:D

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

If I give myself over to thinking about what annoys me I am giving myself to an adversarial spirit.

Most of my life I have been a victim of chronic malcontent. I have learned that it happens when I go about judging (being annoyed by) others.  

To combat this I have been given a prayer that works.

God, this is a spiritually sick person I am dealing with please save me from being angry and show me how I can be helpful to them.  Grant that I may show them the same tolerance and pity I would cheerfully give to someone who is physically sick.  Please keep me from retaliating or arguing as I shouldn't treat sick people that way.  Pour out your love on them through me.  Amen.

I dislike being in an agitated state and performance peace. The prayer works.

Guest bonnieschamberger

Its hard for me to say ..because I always find my silver lining ....but I think it bothers me when people cant take something for what it is ...when theres an absence of the spirit of gratitude or absence of  lightness of heart..I think thats because I grew up with a stepmother and several other people in life that were always so hard to please...or they were just plain never happy.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

People who talk in movie theaters while the movie is playing! :crazy:  Sometimes I forget I am suppose to be a Christian when that happens. Yes I need to work on that I know. :bored-1:

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

I know this sounds petty but ? ....when you have been told to say "hello" to the person sitting next to you at church, and you don't really feel like it, but you do it anyway and then worse part of it all, you then feel like a fake...!

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

When people ask me the time.  Go buy a watch and keep it on.   In this day and age, with smart phones ect and the price of a watch dog cheap.  Just my beef, don't know why.  I guess i use to get annoyed before smart phones, some of the same people would ask the  time all the time and well grrr