• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, MorningGlory said:

'False dichtotomy strawman' is vastly overused.

On that I agree, I wish people would quit using it.  It is now I almost every thread about Trump.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

35 minutes ago, Teditis said:

I thought that it was a ban for 90 Days... it's not permanent... yet.

It's a move that he made while the Gov't transitions and drafts more permanent solutions.

I like it...

Yet...... :mellow:

Guest shiloh357

All this is, is temporary ban to enable us to ferret out the terrorists from the non-terrorist refugees.   Nothing more.  I don't really see that it is such a big deal.  And it provides a way to let those with valid papers in on a case-by-case basis.  It is not a  wholesale ban on Muslims.   It's just seven countries and really not the big hairy deal people are making out of it.  

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

37 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

....  It is not a  wholesale ban on Muslims.   It's just seven countries and really not the big hairy deal people are making out of it.  

Seven countries, excluding Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Egypt. The banned countries were taken directly from a list previously established by the Obama administration.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

3 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

This assumes the visuals were not part of the plan.  All of his EOs so far have had a similar purpose, to excite the faithful, they are red meat the masses.  What better way to pump up the followers than to have the evil Muslims being evicted from our country right on live TV.

Trump is still in Celebrity Apprentice mode, i.e., equating ratings with effectiveness. In the meantime the media is having a feeding frenzy with his latest EO, which wasn't well thought out as it left hundreds in a transit limbo.

Guest shiloh357
8 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

Seven countries, excluding Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Egypt. The banned countries were taken directly from a list previously established by the Obama administration.

It was seven countries excluding the rest of the Arab world, and Turkey, Morocco and Indonesia, and the Muslim populations of other nations like Algeria, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Uzbekistan, Sudan, Malaysia, Kazakistan and Central Asia.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

55 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

On that I agree, I wish people would quit using it.  It is now I almost every thread about Trump.

Yes; you have used it a bit yourself.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

7 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

Trump is still in Celebrity Apprentice mode, i.e., equating ratings with effectiveness. In the meantime the media is having a feeding frenzy with his latest EO, which wasn't well thought out as it left hundreds in a transit limbo.

Yes :)

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

4 hours ago, soonsister said:

And American's don't follow their president. If they're members of the executive branch, the military,wherein any president is the enlisted soldiers commander in chief, those soldiers follow orders. You claim you'll pray for Trump to gain wisdom and temperance. Your callous remarks demonstrate you should pray for those characteristics to come upon you. You've not a clue what you're talking about. You're simply bashing the president because you're unaware of scripture, and the need for national security against all enemies that have shown themselves to us. Both foreign and domestic.

Soonsister was banned from the thread and will be issued a warning point for the above statement.

Guest Thallasa
On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 9:26 PM, Bill16652 said:

Actually I am neither a fan nor a detractor except for his own statements and actions.  I really had no opinion abou8t him until he opened his mouth and spoke and then I had some opinions.  His policies to date have raised questions as welll, I know that some people love what he is doing but I am fearful of the consequences of his actions and his words now that he is president.  I would hope that he would temper his reactions and words towards other countries or it is a real possibility that we will be isolated as a country at best and all of us glowing in the dark at worst.

Don't worry many people in Europe are fed up with their leaders and in spite of his past MR Trump seems to be proving that he is a real statesman . Maybe the first for many a long day .They always are ahead of the 'sheep' and are brave . It is easy to cave in to  the media hype ,but real change requires some God given courage ,which he has, even if you don't agree with all he does .

Unless there is someone  to stand up and be counted, we will have no countries ,and no  real culture . Because of the internet more people can find the truth, and he has many supporters on the ground . I am beginning to think of him as a General de Gaulle, whom I prefer to Chuchill ,whom  I do not like ,so heres  hoping someone will give a book , on this great French leader .